Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
44 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Smoking age, drinking age, helmet laws, seatbelt laws - exactly that, no?

protecting dumb kids, sure. we were all dumb at some point. that being said, as an adult it shouldn’t be up to society to keep you from doing stuff that is detrimental to your health. personally i don’t think helmets, seat belts etc should be mandatory. if you’re too brain dead to use em that’s on you. not a fan of forcing free individuals to do stuff 

e: not you but just dumb people in general 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Forgot the biggest of all.. OSHA

OSHA is more about protecting workers from unsafe work environments and practices than policing individual behaviors in the way that your other examples highlight.

It is one thing to not wear a seat belt because you believe you will be better off if thrown free of the accident, it is another to have your boss cut the belts out of the truck to shave time on getting in and out.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

23 minutes ago, morton said:

OSHA is more about protecting workers from unsafe work environments and practices than policing individual behaviors in the way that your other examples highlight.

It is one thing to not wear a seat belt because you believe you will be better off if thrown free of the accident, it is another to have your boss cut the belts out of the truck to shave time on getting in and out.

OSHA also plays a large role in PPE. Without Those OSHA requirement being put on employers way more people would be using grinding wheel with no eye pro, bucking rivets with no hearing pro, and walking in slick areas without safety shoes

• Truth 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Team develops a nanocoating for air filters capable of trapping COVID-19

Marie Donlon | October 01, 2020

A team of researchers from the University of Houston has developed a nanocoating for air filters that is capable of capturing airborne droplets of the virus responsible for COVID-19.

According to its developers, the filter nanocoating captures the liquids that envelop aerosolized particles of the virus while allowing air to flow through the filter uninterrupted.

A team has developed a coating designed to be used on air filters, capable of capturing airborne virus particles and trapping them on the filter’s coating without limiting air flow. Source: University of HoustonA team has developed a coating designed to be used on air filters, capable of capturing airborne virus particles and trapping them on the filter’s coating without limiting air flow. Source: University of Houston

During testing of the nanocoating, a filter treated with the coating captured the virus while untreated filters let the virus pass through the filter membrane, unimpeded.

The developers believe that the filters could eventually be used in ventilation systems in schools and other buildings, helping to prevent the spread of the virus, particularly as the colder months approach and people are spending more and more time inside, where the spread of the virus will likely be expedited.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I am in the process to clay bar a few cars.  I tried griots synthetic clay, not bad I like since its easier to manage than clay itself, but the synthetic just doesn't seem to as good as the solid clay.  

Anyhow, so I was in the auto parts store and while I looking at the clay options, this guy walks and stops a few feet from the door and asks in a loud voice, " Do y'all let Americans shop here? "  

As I am looking up i see his open carry and see he's not wearing a mask (which i was happy to see).  

So the clerk responds,  🙄 " Of course Americans can shop here".   The guy responds "Cool!"  and starts to shop.  But the clerk tells the guy "but you have to wear a mask".  

Then the guy guy says, "I thought you said Americans can shop here?"  and walks out.  

I get what the guy was getting at.  But considering the clerk is american of Latin decent, I think it have appeared to come off a little prejudice and he could have worded a little different.

Anyhow, so it got me thinking, because the same morning, I ran in the store to get coffee but forgot my mask and didn't have a problem.  

So when will we start seeing more episodes of mask wearing defiance?  

PS  if you're more interested in the clay bar process and process then I am more than happy to discuss this topic in another thread. 

Anyhow, so 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

was about 3-4x worse than deaths from the flu. How many of those 200000 new cases resulted in deaths is what i was asking? Are we even sure COVID was the cause anymore? Anyone who passed away gets tested and if they tested  positive its automatically COVID as the cause? 

Press X to doubt 

• Like 1

Hell yeah. My areas lookin real good. No orange or red.

@Kults Ive personally seen several people get infected with this shit now. 

50 female- hbp underlying issue never knew she had it

40 male- no underlying issues ICU for 9 days

55 male- no underlying issues never knew he had it

38 female- no underlying issues minor flu like symptoms

I have a good friend and this shit has killed 3 people in his family alone.

Also just watched the trailer for songbird. The pandemonium is real

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kults said:

was about 3-4x worse than deaths from the flu. How many of those 200000 new cases resulted in deaths is what i was asking? Are we even sure COVID was the cause anymore? Anyone who passed away gets tested and if they tested  positive its automatically COVID as the cause? 

Press X to doubt 

Dude who knows

if an elder has emphysema and then gets pneumonia and dies, the killer is pneumonia, not emphysema 

25 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Dude who knows

if an elder has emphysema and then gets pneumonia and dies, the killer is pneumonia, not emphysema 

Right, I get you. What i’m saying though is  we don’t close down society to prevent people with pre existing conditions from getting sick with something that wouldn’t kill most of us. 

18 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Are you unsure whether this global pandemic is real?

Oh it’s real for sure. I just don’t think some of these measures are justified anymore. Isolate and protect the vulnerable and let the rest of the world get on with it 

5 minutes ago, Kults said:

Oh it’s real for sure. I just don’t think some of these measures are justified anymore. Isolate and protect the vulnerable and let the rest of the world get on with it 

Are you unsure whether it’s killing very large amounts of people? Not within nations or continents, but across the globe?

2 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Are you unsure whether it’s killing very large amounts of people? Not within nations or continents, but across the globe?

it did at first. Older people or with those with pre existing health conditions. Not so much anymore. At least not enough to keep the world closed. 

9 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Are you unsure whether this global pandemic is real?

Pandemic is a very specific designation defined by the WHO, and adopted by the CDC and other national health organizations and not just an arbitrary term to describe diseases that cross borders. Covid-19 stopped being a pandemic several months ago. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Dude who knows

not necessarily! this is the cause of death/mechanism of death thing. say you get shot and die. the mechanism of death could be exsanguination—you bled out. the cause is the gunshot wound. in this case emphysema is what made the pneumonia possible, so while pneumonia/complications might be the mechanism, the killer is emphysema. 

for people with covid who have heart failure or double pneumonia or stroke or the other horrific complications of this thing, those are the mechanisms; the cause of death is covid, that's what provoked the mechanisms. 

if you have a chronic health condition already and then get covid, you're probably getting covid assigned as the cause of death because the chronic health condition hadn't killed you yet. that's my understanding at least 

• Like 3
  • Props 1