This Old Trap House: Wonk Saggin Edition

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, LUGR said:

I got you fam, @mr.yuckand I have been discussing this topic for a few days to determine the best color for you. We have concluded the following combo is best.

597E7C08-7DD1-4ACD-BED2-D36DBD0B2444.webp

Truth be told I would have gone with a light green.  Also fits with that grey wall, but then I'm looking at it like I'd put that shit together in a piece.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

image.jpeg.a76136c888d4eaf6fa11a0fdacf7b387.jpeg

This is actually pretty dope. Would never acquire for my own shit but somebody else should for sure. 

What say you @mr.yuck on the color waves?? There was a lot of chatter up there but I’m pretty sure it seemed like you were pretty sure about something lol. Curious on your thoughts. You got that wild bathroom color way happening with some floral tile or wallpaper if I’m not mistaken, which furthers my stance on maybe we are not them dudes lololol. I literally picked the dumbest ducking color for my living room and wasn’t thinking in my right mind. Painting this weekend I think in the count of a new tv. End of the day, fam, it’s all preference but color theory still exists. 

• Props 1

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

Truth be told I would have gone with a light green.  Also fits with that grey wall, but then I'm looking at it like I'd put that shit together in a piece.

this was actually my initial thought but my dining room is a dark green and didn’t want to go too green heavy. I definitely over thought it. But anyways I bought a gallon of an off white with a slight grey/blue tint. It’s not as fun as a dramatic color but it will do

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

this was actually my initial thought but my dining room is a dark green and didn’t want to go too green heavy. I definitely over thought it. But anyways I bought a gallon of an off white with a slight grey/blue tint. It’s not as fun as a dramatic color but it will do

What color and from where? Don’t be the valspar guy. 

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

image.jpeg.a76136c888d4eaf6fa11a0fdacf7b387.jpeg

This is actually pretty dope. Would never acquire for my own shit but somebody else should for sure. 

What say you @mr.yuck on the color waves?? There was a lot of chatter up there but I’m pretty sure it seemed like you were pretty sure about something lol. Curious on your thoughts. You got that wild bathroom color way happening with some floral tile or wallpaper if I’m not mistaken, which furthers my stance on maybe we are not them dudes lololol. I literally picked the dumbest ducking color for my living room and wasn’t thinking in my right mind. Painting this weekend I think in the count of a new tv. End of the day, fam, it’s all preference but color theory still exists. 

Yeah bro. I love color. I was talking to lugr about this the other day. That bathroom is a shade of pink for sure. It's like a slutty ass lipstick color. My hallway/stairwell is like a plumb purple. All my trim and doors are khaki. I'm going off in here. 

I've always thought that rich wood trim looks best with green. Sage green probably. I don't know what's going on in my mans house as far as decor, but I might repaint the living room and off white and then do green going upstairs. Fucking intriguing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Green is good, brother, green is good…

Well, show us the results so we can talk shit about your poor choice. At least off white will be easy to go over with station wagon green once you come to your senses.

• LOL! 2

1 minute ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

What color and from where? Don’t be the valspar guy. 

I got behr and I’m too lazy to get up and look at what the exact color is called. Is behr no good too? Also what’s wrong with valspar? Idk if they still make it but they used to have a spray paint that was great for street fills.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

I got behr and I’m too lazy to get up and look at what the exact color is called. Is behr no good too? Also what’s wrong with valspar? Idk if they still make it but they used to have a spray paint that was great for street fills.

He just being a paint snob.

2 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Yeah bro. I love color. I was talking to lugr about this the other day. That bathroom is a shade of pink for sure. It's like a slutty ass lipstick color. My hallway/stairwell is like a plumb purple. All my trim and doors are khaki. I'm going off in here. 

I've always thought that rich wood trim looks best with green. Sage green probably. I don't know what's going on in my mans house as far as decor, but I might repaint the living room and off white and then do green going upstairs. Fucking intriguing.

Daaaaaaaaamn lolol I would say yeah fasho you goin off in there lol. I’m more of a go off in the more traditional color ways type of guy but do cool sheens here and there. High gloss cabinets and front doors kind of shit. I did this in a clients house over summer and thought it was super dope. Could maybe get into the full sage with  different sheens but I’d probably never do the 2 tone room.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 3

15 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

I used to be a Behr hater. In reality, it's a really good paint. I personally don't like how thick it is. Or as old whistlin Mark used to say in his 30 pack a day voice "It's too damn theeeick!"

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I used to be a Behr hater. In reality, it's a really good paint. I personally don't like how thick it is. Or as old whistlin Mark used to say in his 30 pack a day voice "It's too damn theeeick!"

Was Mark drinking High Life’s?

• Props 1

1 minute ago, LUGR said:

Was Mark drinking High Life’s?

Nah. Mark is a recovering alcoholic. Crazy story; mark hit rock bottom back in the early 90s. Had his own company, was killing the game. Bought his old lady a brand new Lincoln. He was on a bender one night and caught his old lady shacked up in a motel with some other dude. He went fucking crazy and wrecked his car into the lobby of the motel when they wouldn't tell him what room she was in. They put him in jail for a while and took his license for ever. 

While he was working for me, on the ride home he would sometimes be like "Aaaaarrrggggg," and grab his ribcage. I'd look at him and ask if he was alright. "Yeah man, it's just some cramps." It was like a year later he was nonchalantly like "Hey, I gotta take a little time off to have some minor surgery done." I was like cool. Thanks for the heads up, just let me know when your get out of surgery and are good to go. 

I talked to him a few days after his minor surgery and it turns out the surgery was for replacing 4 valves on heart. They gave him cow parts as replacements. He finally admitted to me that when he was argggging and grabbing his ribcage it was really his heart shutting down and not cramps and that he was really close to dying and not suffering from cramps. I was like bro what the fuck is wrong with you? He said he didn't want me to cut his hours due to his health problems.

• Like 2
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

Dudes. So I got this new tv with big bum right hopes to mount it on a cool floating wall of some sort that I planned to build and stain. Bailed on the count of wanting a shelf with a drawer or two that I in fact did NOT want to build cause I’m barely birdhouse ready. Anyways I found a cool little floating shelf I think would tie in nicely the whole thing. Question to y’all if you’ve ever mounted a big ass tv is would your mount the tv bracket first or the shelf to see what’s what. I figure either way one or the other there isn’t much going back fucking around but maybe it’s more wise to mount the tv brackets first??? 

I marked out most of the ruff measurements on size and possible location but it’s kinda hard to see what’s up without the shelf yet. Not sure what my next move is. Probably math. And more accurate measurements. Started tracking down studs and the other half of this project is relocated a wire box junction or some shit. I have old plaster lathe walls and that’s kind of a bitch according to YouTube. 

3B646ABB-C2BC-4C95-AECE-FEE861C8A9CF.png

I would mount the TV first and give it a trial period to be confident that it was on the best place before investing the time on the shelf. Then I would fuck the shelf off and deal with my wife complaining about the dangling cables every ten months or so. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

6 minutes ago, morton said:

I would mount the TV first and give it a trial period to be confident that it was on the best place before investing the time on the shelf. Then I would fuck the shelf off and deal with my wife complaining about the dangling cables every ten months or so. 

Word yeah I’m leaning in that direction. Already have the impact driver and level out for them brackets anyways. Man sometimes I wish I had a wife who gave a fuck about some shit like wires….or a wide period lol. Sometimes in moments like right here I forget to count it as a blessing she doesn’t have a single fuck about anything aesthetic when it comes to house shit. I know some dudes who are so miserable with broads like that. I’m the designer eye and handyman around here though at my shit. 

On 12/2/2022 at 8:57 AM, LUGR said:

Just say no to PPG?

Yay or Nay?

I've only used ppg a few times. The last time I did some exterior work and the paint reacted with some kind of contaminant of some sort and started off gassing. Millions of little blister bubbles formed all in the paint job. I was super scared. Weirdly enough I went back the next day and everything had relaxed back to super smooth like nothing had happened. I hear they make good automotive paint?

• LOL! 1

He is how white trash my roots run - pops shows up wearing these and we had to make a hardware run, so I end up being seen in public with old dude rockin them. He’s out of his mind on grass so I don’t think he gives a fuck - but we all know my feelings about clean kicks. Shit was tough. 

A1FD9086-2BCE-4E61-9C06-F233B65963A8.png

CB6577A7-719B-475E-9B7A-57E2D7CF124A.png

• LOL! 6