This Old Trap House: Wonk Saggin Edition

mr.yuck

@KILZ FILLZmy parents had that same countertop over the toilet deal in their house when they lived in Michigan. They ended up replacing the toilet with something... Ugh.. I feel like it was called a Toto. I think the tank was low slung so they had more clearance to work with under that counter top. I would look into that, and that would save you from having to tear the whole bathroom apart.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
8 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

@KILZ FILLZlooks like you’re gonna need a super wide stance to tackle that toilet situation. I say rip that whole counter top out and get yourself a nice used vanity. Then scrap that toilet and grab a new one. Probably looking at around 600 all in on the cheap but used or even cheaper. 

kinda leaning that way. These stupid counter tops remind me of the shit ass apartments I moved to and from growing up

8 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@KILZ FILLZmy parents had that same countertop over the toilet deal in their house when they lived in Michigan. They ended up replacing the toilet with something... Ugh.. I feel like it was called a Toto. I think the tank was low slung so they had more clearance to work with under that counter top. I would look into that, and that would save you from having to tear the whole bathroom apart.

least invasive approach and probably the right one

22 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

With that tight of a clearance, fighting to seat it, a foam ring may be a better option if the tank heights remain similar. 

I forgot all about those. I installed one several years ago and my initial reaction was I'm never going back to wax again. Good suggestion man!

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 8:39 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

kinda leaning that way. These stupid counter tops remind me of the shit ass apartments I moved to and from growing up

Lean harder breh. I say this with caution though because i talk a lot of shit about diy and ain’t really done all hell much of it. The couple of things i have talked about and done were fairly easy but yeah, i guess what i mean is shop used and at least get your demo going fuck it. If you gotta throw in the towel at least you know you’re saving a solid chunk getting as close as possible. I watched the homie drop 20k on the most piece of crap as bathroom remodel about a year ago and it still haunts me to this day. Guys fairly handy. Seen him do plenty of easy work around his house to this point. Pretty sure it was a wifey call but fuck that. These contractors are out for blood. I know it. Better off trying to figure it out unless its something super special like the monster heating fiasco in my basement I wouldn’t dare touch. Quotes have ranged all the way from 37k down to 9. Sometimes i wanna drop all this business shit and go work for a reputable general construction company just to learn it all man. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Sometimes i wanna drop all this business shit and go work for a reputable general construction company just to learn it all man

Maaaan. I fucked up. I started looking for jobs. I can't afford all of my bills working for someone else. Yikes.

54 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Maaaan. I fucked up. I started looking for jobs. I can't afford all of my bills working for someone else. Yikes.

Idk man. With your experience it shouldn’t be terribly hard to hit the union or some fine finish carpentry shit. Anything really. BUT FUCK THAT. Stay in the game bro, you got too many years down!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Idk man. With your experience it shouldn’t be terribly hard to hit the union or some fine finish carpentry shit. Anything really. BUT FUCK THAT. Stay in the game bro, you got too many years down!

It's wild how this whole business swings. Its been violent. I know we were talking about how slow it's been. Literally yesterday my phone started blowing up even without an online presence. I don't even know what to do with myself.

• Props 1

Update

water is coming from my next door neighbor’s upstairs neighbor. Motherfucker, here we go again with this shit. 

the water I thought was coming from my toilet was actually coming under the wall I share with his bathroom. His shit got fucked up by the person above him and now I’m involved too. 

lastnight we noticed water seeping through the flooring in our kitchen and I took off work early today to meet with a leak detection guy. He couldn’t find a source in our unit so we went next door …. and boom. 

waiting on HOA to send a plumber out. 

we are gonna sell immediately after this shit wraps up. That’s three floods in about two years. Worried we are gonna be uninsurable. 

• Like 1

I dealt with a condo building a few years back. The guy on the 3rd floor was a complete fuck ass. He drained his water heater into the bathtub to save some bucks on having a plumber do it. The hose fell out of the tub and into a heating floor vent. That 80s hard ducting filled with water and travelled all over the peoples unit below. Also during moving his dryer around he broke the connection off at the floor plate some how and was just blowing lint into their ceiling for what looked like a year possibly. 

I couldn't fuck with that level of stress dealing with some one else's problems becoming my problems.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

7 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I dealt with a condo building a few years back. The guy on the 3rd floor was a complete fuck ass. He drained his water heater into the bathtub to save some bucks on having a plumber do it. The hose fell out of the tub and into a heating floor vent. That 80s hard ducting filled with water and travelled all over the peoples unit below. Also during moving his dryer around he broke the connection off at the floor plate some how and was just blowing lint into their ceiling for what looked like a year possibly. 

I couldn't fuck with that level of stress dealing with some one else's problems becoming my problems.

Amd this is why some people shouldn't be allowed to live or own homes.  There's a reason why we have homeless.  

Put in a new shower head today - missing work down with Covid, round 3.

Anyway - I actually found a dope contractor my folks have used and I am going to have him put in a vent in my rental unit (laundry closet). I am also going to have him install a range hood in my kitchen. 

I guess when you have someone else doing the work it’s not traphouse. Sorry guize. 

• Props 1

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Put in a new shower head today - missing work down with Covid, round 3.

Anyway - I actually found a dope contractor my folks have used and I am going to have him put in a vent in my rental unit (laundry closet). I am also going to have him install a range hood in my kitchen. 

I guess when you have someone else doing the work it’s not traphouse. Sorry guize. 

You have had Covid 3 times?!

You licking door knobs?

• Truth 1

@nicklesndimesI work in treatment and so there are always a lot of people in small spaces. I got Covid in 2020 at work, 2022 from family and just last week at work.

Its real guize, derp derp. 

I need to be better about masks and shit at work - after 3 years I am pretty burnt out on it. We have to wear masks and test daily. Most

of you guys would have probably quit by now haha

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

@nicklesndimes I am pretty good to be quite honest - worst day was Saturday and it was more or less a light flu vibe, neck ache, congestion etc

The last couple times have not been too bad actually. That said I have received all doses of microchips and my DNA is altered - so that probably helps.

I am actually getting a bunch of stuff done around the house having this week off from work and kids. 

• Like 1
  • Props 2

5 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

oh i believe it's a real thing one hundred percent. i am just surprised at my luck never getting hit with it myself. dumb luck i guess...

get well soon! @fat ralphy

Yeah man. It's the simplest shit you could do. Cover your mouth and wash your hands. I probably would never have caught it if I had just stopped hanging out with junkyard republicans on Saturdays.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

No vinyl stair but what about painting that area instead? Need thoughts plz 

Show us what the set up looks like. Is it the same stair case you were asking for paint suggestions around a few months ago?

• Like 1