๐ŸŒถ Hot Sauce ๐ŸŒถ appreciation thread

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Great thread idea, and curious to see what people are enjoying.

ย 

Though personally I don't really do hot sauce much -

in the sense that I tend to not cook food mild and then make it hot by using sauce, but usually using lots of chili etc. during the cooking process and then rather mellowing the heat out with cheese / yoghurt later if it's too much (or deliberately cook it too hot / spicy in the first place, then add cheese etc. to make it just right).

Sometimes when out and about / ordering food I tend to have fresh chili on hand to snack along with the food.

ย 

Think the only hot sauce I bought in the last few years was some Tabasco Chipotle.

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

Really liked the smokey flavour.

But as with all these sauces I just need an awful lot of them so it gets ridiculously expensive.

Should learn how to make my own really, but then again I kinda prefer snacking the fresh berries..

ย 

ย 

Edited by Deine Mudder
  • Props 2

The Herdez Guacamole salsa is super good, one of my favorites.

ย 

If we're going to talk about salsa, we have to also talk about which chips are the best.

ย 

These are my current "ketchups" (put on everything, no my picture btw):

ย 

maxresdefault.jpg

ย 

The Habanero one is my favorite in terms of spiciness.ย  The Sriracha one is good, but it has a hint of sweetness, still really good.ย  I think I tried the ghost pepper one before and wasn't satisfied with how hot it was.ย  The Habanero one you can put on anything, it's delicious.

ย 

edit: I frequently order a few chile toreados with my breakfast tacos.ย  Also, this is a good time to say that if you are calling anything a "breakfast burrito" in Texas we will instantly know that you're not from here.... so unless you want to or enjoy being treated like an ignorant asshole just call them tacos.....

• Like 1
  • Props 1

9 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

If we're going to talk about salsa, we have to also talk about which chips are the best.

ย 

I see hot sauce and salsa two different things. Salsa has chunks or home made (which I have many recipes).

ย 

Most of my circle, when they hear salsa, they think of it as a dip and party.

• Truth 1

Yep, sorry.... I guess I never really thought about it.ย  I will sit on the couch with the yellowbird sauce and just squirt it on chips individually as I eat them.ย  I don't think that's how it's meant to be used but it's good for that, not too runny.

ย 

I don't think we should make a separate salsa/chips thread.... maybe they can all be friends here in the hot sauce thread?

Gordon Ramsay is one of the world's most decorated and successful chefs, with an empire that includes more than a dozen restaurants, countless best-selling cookbooks, and seven hit TV shows, including Master Chef Jr., which returns to Fox this February. But how is he with spicy food? Find out as the MOST-REQUESTED GUEST in Hot Ones history finally sits face-to-face with Sean Evans. Despite his misgivings about the culinary quality of the wings of death, Gordon throws himself into the challenge full force. Along the way, he discusses his chef influences, explains how to make the perfect scrambled eggs, and tries to find an antidote to spicy food.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:05 PM, Decyferon said:

My son bought me a bottle of da bomb from hot ones

ย 

Fuck that shit, anything with extracts is horrible,ย  just use natural chillies and balanced flavoursย 

I actually had some of that..... and liked it.ย  It's not for chips or anything (IMO).... and it's best used on like an entire pot of chili.ย  Just put a little bit in there and it's enough to make the whole thing spicy in a good way.ย  I also ate it on some chips but that's just asking for punishment.

ย 

I ate the 4 horseman burger @ chunky's in San Antonio (look it up)..... I ate the whole thing which is more than most people that try can do.... but I couldn't hold it down for 5 minutes.ย  My stomach said fuck that everybody out /nohomo.

ย 

It should be a clear warning sign when they bring you your burger AND A metal pail to sit beside you.... for puking.ย  Because, you're going to puke.ย  That wasn't as bad as some guy I saw while I was there, take two bites out of it and then rub his eyes with his hands.ย  He was done right there on the spot.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

@abrasivesaint- Which one?ย  I tried a new one just two days ago and already went through all of it.

ย 

Herdez_Salsa_Casera_16oz_Mild.png

ย 

The flavor was 5/5 stars.ย  It was very chunky/watery at the same time.ย  Definitely recommend though because the flavor was spot on.

I use the medium guacamole sauce. Stuff is good.ย 

• Like 2