Anyone else getting mad as hell at autocorrect on a daily basis?

Dirty_habiT

No, I NEVER will be meaning to say "duckers".  Why would you even suggest that, is that a word that ANYONE uses?  Autocorrect to fuckers just like I want you to and don't make me go back over it 4 times like you're on some moral crusade to correct my speech.  This is on my Apple phone btw, dunno if Android users get that same "experience".

Tell me your stories about how your auto correct thinks you're trying to type out some stupid shit that makes no sense.  I mean, I feel like we're living in a world that has AI now..... that's actually good.  Ya'll mother "duckers" want me to believe you can't figure out common phrases people type.

Oh, the other day I was trying to talk about a sump with someone.  I live in America.  Sumo is not a big sport here.  WHY THE FUCK would you think I'm trying to type sumo?  Is this something people are talking about commonly and I just don't know about it?  Like, maybe assume that's what people are trying to say in countries where it's actually a sport.  "Sump" isn't that crazy of a word unless you're a computer dork programmer that has never messed with anything mechanical in your life.  /rant

• Like 4

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I switched that shit off years ago. I way prefer my interaction with machines to be as assist free as possible. Can make up whatever fucking spellings I want.

Never gonna use that weird swipey action thing where you are supposed to trace around the words with one finger, that thing is fucking stooopid.

• Props 1

Oh dude, I end texts all the time trying to tap the double space to make a .  But it really just ends me up with texts that say "yeah I agree with that b".  Makes me sound like my friend that actually says "b" at the end of his sentences sometimes lol.  Also happens w/ the N key a lot.

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Oh dude, I end texts all the time trying to tap the double space to make a .  But it really just ends me up with texts that say "yeah I agree with that b".  Makes me sound like my friend that actually says "b" at the end of his sentences sometimes lol.  Also happens w/ the N key a lot.

the N key fucks me up too! and the B doesnt bother me too much sometimes because I'm that friend that ends sentences with "b" lol

• LOL! 1

I was reminded, just today, about another autocorrect thing that is annoying.  Sometimes you fat finger the uppercase button.  It tries to capitalize something in the middle of a word, it should know that there are no capital letters directly surrounded by two non capitals.  So anyway, you backspace over the capital that isn't supposed to be there and the fucking phone assumes that whatever letter you type next is a capital.  Like it has some "sticky" capitalization and you have to press the "shift" button again to make it go back to lowercase.  I would RATHER the phone make me re-press the "shift" button if I indeed need a capital letter rather than assuming my mistake in capitalization should stand.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I turned auto correct off a while ago. My new big problem is that if I misspell a word one time it automatically saves it into my dictionary. So if Im typing out aomething quickly and hit one of my predictions at the top, I run the risk of looking like a complete asshole. I probably spend an hour every week deleting fucked up words out of my dictionary as they pop up.

• 1 month later...

The auto correct issue I have with my s10 is the autocorrect misspelling a word and some how I made the phone think that's the correct spelling so when I spell a word correctly, autocorrect will correct me with the correct error.  I do not know how to reset this without resetting the phone to factory?  

Anyone else have this issue, or something simular?

• Like 2

@where

Exactly what @Fist 666 said. 

T9?  Brother I haven't heard of T9 since flip was the popular phone type.  Not knockin you just saying.

What Fist 666 is saying, when we spell out (type) words and misspell as we type and do not correct the spelling and keep typing as if everything is good.   The phone records your spelling/vocabulary, and stores these words and when you type the same word later on, your phone auto corrects to the misspelled word.  

It's annoying.  Because mine is the letters 'A' and 'S'.    So everytime I hit letter 'a' my phone autocorrects to the letter 's'.   

Its like fat finger to put it simple. 

Not sure how the T9 is today.  But try typing a word that isn't a normal everyday used word.  E.g.  Petrichor or Codify 

Your phone should learn these words, they may or may not be in the phones vocab (I dont know what phone you have).  If the words are not, then this is where you have to make sure you spell the word correctly before hitting the spacebar or if the word is misspelled, your phone learned a new word spelled correctly or not.  If not it will always autocorrect to the misspelled word. 

You see what we mean?

• Like 1