Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This is somewhat unrelated but I went by Circuit City earlier today and saw that new Samsung LCD that refreshes at 120 Hz, and it's completely bonkers. The were playing Pirates of the Caribbean 3, and it seriously looked like I was staring at the people through a window. The motion is so fluid it looks like it was shot in HD at 60 fps. Kind of off-putting at first, it almost makes the movie look cheap and not filmlike, but I got used to it after a few minutes. Games would probably look crazy on it.

Double silly crazy.

I think games would look fine, the TV doesn't offer any higher resolution than other HDTV's, just completely insane motion. Some of the people I was with didn't like it cause it made the film look like a daytime soap opera, which I thought so as well during straight dialogue, but once crazy SFX and makeup started showing up, it's like looking at it happening outside your window.

This is somewhat unrelated but I went by Circuit City earlier today and saw that new Samsung LCD that refreshes at 120 Hz, and it's completely bonkers. The were playing Pirates of the Caribbean 3, and it seriously looked like I was staring at the people through a window. The motion is so fluid it looks like it was shot in HD at 60 fps. Kind of off-putting at first, it almost makes the movie look cheap and not filmlike, but I got used to it after a few minutes. Games would probably look crazy on it.

my dad has that one (samsung with the 120 hz refresh rate).

it definitely looks better than my hdtv, and i never played a game on it but i played a blu-ray on it and it looked amazing. guy at the store told him it was supposed to be the best one out.

when are the laser tv's supposed to be droppin?

I just got a EZFlash 3-in-1 to go along with my R4 on my DS. Now I can play downloaded GBA games, use the official DS Browser (which is kick-ass compared to the homebrew ones), and use it as a rumble pak for those games that support it.

Mario Vs Donkey Kong is fun so far.

I'm also contemplating buying this God of War figure...

Would have been 35mm film @ 24fps, more than enough, once converted to hd to look amazing.

I was watching a football game on a bang and olufsen hdtv the other day, and the guy in the shop said, that is the best picture in this room and it was a room full of different tvs. And I know what you mean, it was like looking through a window at the game, like you could reach in and pick up the players, or catch the ball in mid air. Kinda scary.

Would have been 35mm film @ 24fps, more than enough, once converted to hd to look amazing.

Yeah, Pirates 3 was shot on 35mm at 24fps. The thing is, this TV set creates interpolated frames (called Auto Motion) between the available 24 per second, and the whole thing looks like it was shot way above 30 fps. They had two of the same set running at the same time next to each other, one with the Auto Motion activated, and one without. The one without it looked the way movies normally look, with that staggered and motion-blurred feel that 24 fps has (but which LCDs tend to have trouble displaying fludidly), but it looked downright primitive next to the one with Auto Motion on.

Reading about it on other forums, seems like most people hate the way it looks. I don't know, it impressed the hell out of me.

mindvapors, I've never hooked up my xbox to the Internet so I never got any patches. Also, I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that I can't, for the life of me, finish this mission on Luna. The second building I go into, it's just rammed with droids and they don't take no shit. I've tried this mission like 30 times now and nothing. Goddammit, I'm about to head back to the Citadel..

Is that the one with the three bases on the moon with turrets? I got royally fucked up the first few times I went in, then noticed I just had the wrong crew of people with me.

Make sure you got all sorts of armor piercing bullets on all the guns, and make sure you got someone with strong tech skills with you, hopefully two of them. I took the soldier chick and the engineering chick... I'm playing as an Infiltrator so I had some handy tech attacks as well.

What I did was make the crew stay behind, and barged in to grab the attention of all the droids (not before sniping the ones in plain sight). Once they were activated and coming after me, I ran back through the tunnel into the previous room (where the other two were taking cover) and waited for them to pile up in the tunnel entrance. The droids bunched up at the bottleneck, and that's when I wailed on them. Had the other girl Overload and Sabotage them (rendering them pretty much useless), then I tossed a couple of grenades and took almost all of them out. There's a smaller second wave that I took care of overloading and sabotaging, then just shot them all to hell. Rinse and repeat on the other buildings.

PS: I was around Level 20 or so when I did that mission. You get sonned pretty heavily throughout the game until you start getting into the 20's.

Ya, that bottleneck and the right bullets are key.

Could someone tell me what each direction on the D-Pad does again? I never really knew and can't figure it out by simply trying each one.

And Weapon XXX, I would DEF connect that bitch up. It doesn't cost anything at all. Just sign up and you can get patches for games. I know for a fact Oblivion was pretty much unplayable out of the both so patches were definitely required. That could prob be your problem.