Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's not really that fantastic of a system, but it helps a bit to position people where you want them to so they don't get slaughtered. The AI is pretty fucking stupid most of the time.

If the combat wasn't so fast paced, I'd set the partner abilities to passive so that only I can control when they launch offensive attacks. But since shit hits the fan so quickly on every encounter, I have to set it to active... unfortunately this means that all the offensive abilities are launched in like the first 5 seconds, and quite often they're launched against a wall or object, cause the AI has zero line-of-sight awareness.

I heard the game gets a bit easier as you go along and power up, so if I'm not constantly fighting for survival I'll give passive abilities a try.

When I beat Mass Effect I wanted to go back and do all the sub missions but it wouldnt let me. Same as Assassins Creed. Once you beat it you can go back and ball out of control just for fun.

Wait. Nevermind. Mass Effect was my bad because I kept over riding my game so my last save point was during the last level.

I've tried the bottle necking, and it doesn't work. They won't even go near the hallway I first enter from. It might be just one of those things.

Sniper gun would come in handy, but I'm a Vanguard, which means I can only use the shottie and the pistol. Another nuisance is that I'm only able to use light armour. Man, that sucks. One shot and my shield is down, pretty much.

At any rate, I left Luna for now and am doing the side mission where you gotta rescue some Marines from some planet in the Artemis Tau cluster. Those Thresher Maws are pretty annoying. I'm wondering if the machine gun turret on the Mako even works on it, or if I should just stick to the cannon.

I've tried the bottle necking, and it doesn't work. They won't even go near the hallway I first enter from. It might be just one of those things.

Sniper gun would come in handy, but I'm a Vanguard, which means I can only use the shottie and the pistol. Another nuisance is that I'm only able to use light armour. Man, that sucks. One shot and my shield is down, pretty much.

If they're not coming after you, you should be able to pick em off one by one from the boxes near the door. Stay in that tunnel, pop in and out and get a few shots in.

I just got the medium armor ability, and but my current light armor is way better than any medium armor I've found. As long as you plug it up with good shield batteries and use Barrier, you should be good to go. My main character has better shields with light armor than the soldier chick that's up to the tits in heavy armor.

• 2 weeks later...

Really? I was psyched for it (been a fan of the series), but the demo didn't really grab me. I thought you could really (gasp) go too fast, and couldn't see shit. I hope its not because i have an old CRT TV, that would really suck that they made the game for a certain TV size. And the free-roaming bit was a bit awkward.