Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Really? I was psyched for it (been a fan of the series), but the demo didn't really grab me. I thought you could really (gasp) go too fast, and couldn't see shit. I hope its not because i have an old CRT TV, that would really suck that they made the game for a certain TV size. And the free-roaming bit was a bit awkward.

Well, Burnout has always been about going way too fast and having that constant feeling of barely knowing where you're going, missing traffic and obstacles by sheer instinct (and a fair dose of luck). I don't find this one any tougher or faster than Revenge, and I played that one on a CRT. It definitely helps to have a widescreen to see walls and traffic on each side better.

I was actually pretty put off by the demo at first, cause the free roaming bit was super odd and not being able to restart races was fucking awful. But I gave it a few more tries and started learning where the ramps and shortcuts were, focusing more on going nuts and less on races, and it got 200% better. And as soon as I pressed the right button on the directional pad and got online, the fun factor skyrocketed. It's an absolute blast (and pretty much seamless from the single player) to play with people online, trying to one up each other with the craziest jumps, and running circles around the block trying to smash each other to bits. I ended up playing the demo almost every day.

Needless to say, the full game has a lot more stuff than the demo, and the whole no-restarting on races isn't really very bothersome, cause there's just so much shit to do you just go on to whatever's nearby. And there's a really fun race mode called Marked Man where basically a shit ton of NPC cars are doing whatever they can to take you out before you reach the goal, it's like reverse Road Rage. I can see myself playing this game for a loooong time.

Ooo. Reverese Road Rage sounds fun. I remember liking the few times thatthe AI would get smart and start giving me a challenge by trying to fuck me over into a wall and shit, so that sounds fun.

I'm not a big online player, everyone says it makes gaming so much more fun, but i guess i've just never gave it a chance.

I'm not a big online player either, I hook it up to play GoW with friends every once in a while, and we're gonna get started on TF2 this weekend, but I never ever go online to play against strangers. This one is completely different though, it feels less competitive and you have a lot more freedom to just do whatever the fuck you want, not to mention the transition to online is almost completely seamless (takes less than 10 seconds, and you appear in the same spot you were while playing offline), so I'm just constantly popping into random rooms all the time and fucking around.

I just picked up Getting Up for $10, It was defo worth it even if its repetitive. TEN DOLLARS MOTHERFUCKER!

Mostly I just bang out games on my PSP. Infected, FIFA Street, NBA Street, Lumines, GTA:LCS, and Pursuit Force all find their way in my PSP. I also use it for music when im gettin my art on.

yeah

I'm not a big online player either, I hook it up to play GoW with friends every once in a while, and we're gonna get started on TF2 this weekend, but I never ever go online to play against strangers. This one is completely different though, it feels less competitive and you have a lot more freedom to just do whatever the fuck you want, not to mention the transition to online is almost completely seamless (takes less than 10 seconds, and you appear in the same spot you were while playing offline), so I'm just constantly popping into random rooms all the time and fucking around.

I had read about how it integrates going online with wherever you are in game, thought that was pretty cool. There's also another game...i think the next Saints Row is going to have something similar. At any time you could pop into my single player game and help me out with a mission i'm on and then just pop out with no extra fiddling or anything. Pretty darn cool if you ask me.

And ya, thats one of the reasons i don't really dig online play, playing with strangers. I used to play UT04, AB, and CoH online, but only because all my friends and i decided to play together.

I picked up a 360 with a shitload of games for $300Au.

Don't really like how complicated the controls are for skate, on the new Smackdown your created characters start off too shit, Assasins creed is ok, but controls are annoying. Juiced 2 is pretty average, but playable, haven't played the NFS games I got yet. Yet to try kane and Lynch, ummm I hate getting a deluge of games, I think it makes my interest wane alot quicker than if i get 1 at a time.

Haha, ya it took me like 6 times to get it. Its actually really simple though, i believe you have to be in low-profile mode and simply hold 1 button so that when you bump into them, you give them all a gentle push to get through, pretty cool when done right. And its a tutorial, you shouldn't get stuck in a tutorial, it tells you what to do!

I picked up a 360 with a shitload of games for $300Au.

Don't really like how complicated the controls are for skate, on the new Smackdown your created characters start off too shit, Assasins creed is ok, but controls are annoying. Juiced 2 is pretty average, but playable, haven't played the NFS games I got yet. Yet to try kane and Lynch, ummm I hate getting a deluge of games, I think it makes my interest wane alot quicker than if i get 1 at a time.

Welcome to the XBox family! I was thinking you were loyal to Playstation...

I know what you mean. I've thought about that before, i've always had modded systems with a surplus of games, and have felt that that dilutes the value of the games.

my nigga. Since I'm not paying $60 for a game, if that shit is even REMOTELY boring, I'll just put in something else and never play it again. I think having a modded system just weeds out ok games and leaves you only playing EXCELLENT games