WHATS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?

DETO

On 3/19/2024 at 11:59 AM, DETO said:

IMG_6551.jpeg

my kids love the family edition of cards against Humanity.

we have to mplay  that  you keep your cards down and you have tom put down top one so that adds an element of randomness to it. didn't realise there were so many expansion packs going to add a little more chaos to game night

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/13/2024 at 6:34 AM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I feel like Apple should probably give out more inconspicuous carry bags for shit like this under our current climate. So many mf’s get hit for licks tbh see days. I don’t remember ever being kinda shook to walk back to the whip with valuables like I did today. Perhaps I’m getting soft but it’s a feeling that came from somewhere lol. 

IMG_4559.jpeg

I had this exact feeling when i bought my kid's Ipad. My son wanted to carry it himself but  rundle mall was crawling with junkies that day and I had to insist it go in my backpack.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

48 minutes ago, ndv said:

This sounds expensive.

I mean compared to a jeep... Yeah. But $400 for do it yourself car repair beats the dog shit out of what ever the dealership would charge. I think they were like 85 or 95 apiece if you bought them single.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

29 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I mean compared to a jeep... Yeah. But $400 for do it yourself car repair beats the dog shit out of what ever the dealership would charge. I think they were like 85 or 95 apiece if you bought them single.

That sounds about right.  

Where do you get your parts from, Bap Geon?

14 minutes ago, ndv said:

That sounds about right.  

Where do you get your parts from, Bap Geon?

AutoZone. For real I'm so up in the air on this whip. It's creeping up on 100k and I'm not ready to deal with any major problem from this thing. She's been good for years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

AutoZone. For real I'm so up in the air on this whip. It's creeping up on 100k and I'm not ready to deal with any major problem from this thing. She's been good for years.

That's good to hear.  I mean if it's been good to you for that long, I'd try getting another 100k out of it as you stack paper if it doesn't give any major problems where the repair is just as much as a new whip.   

The new E Class looks pretty sweet.  I like the tech MB is offering these days.  It's just tough for me to justify a 100k ride.  Although, I am the type that cringes at a 100k ride, but will go buy a 300-500 t shirt.  

My stupidty is on a level I can't even understand.

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

my kids love the family edition of cards against Humanity.

we have to mplay  that  you keep your cards down and you have tom put down top one so that adds an element of randomness to it. didn't realise there were so many expansion packs going to add a little more chaos to game night

I saw this for the first time the other day. My daughter always wants to play when we get together with friends and play it, but obviously we don’t let her. Maybe I’ll pick this up for Easter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LUGR said:

4 new tires.

Nice.  Just did the very same thing last month.  Tires last about 4yrs for me.  Regular rotation with oil change which puts me around 3500 miles intervals.  

I am a big fan of the Yokohama 740GTX they have the deepest tread depth bor the dollar.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ndv said:

Nice.  Just did the very same thing last month.  Tires last about 4yrs for me.  Regular rotation with oil change which puts me around 3500 miles intervals.  

I am a big fan of the Yokohama 740GTX they have the deepest tread depth bor the dollar.  

I had 275 65 20 BFG KO2’s on since mid 2021 put about 65K on them. Had a failed strut that caused some bad wear on one. Switched up to 275 60 20 Cooper ATP2’s. Shaved off 56 pounds by sizing down and saved some cash. Those BFG’s are like $450 a pop right now…..yeah, I’m good on that. Starting fresh.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LUGR said:

I had 275 65 20 BFG KO2’s on since mid 2021 put about 65K on them. Had a failed strut that caused some bad wear on one. Switched up to 275 60 20 Cooper ATP2’s. Shaved off 56 pounds by sizing down and saved some cash. Those BFG’s are like $450 a pop right now…..yeah, I’m good on that. Starting fresh.

450 a pop!  That's nuts.  Sounds like the price for the rear tires on a BMW suv. 

• Truth 2

On 4/1/2024 at 10:44 AM, LUGR said:

4 new tires.

Driving in tall grass and hit a large piece of hidden dumped concrete with front passenger tire……could have been disastrous if I hit it directly or had rebar sticking out. She not quite as pretty as she was yesterday. Oh well, tires gonna tire.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, freakeenyc said:

haha man I'm still in  school, still broke and baby girl on the way, Harry Potter came out with a video game, and man it's been ages since I talked with her

congrats man!

yeah, she needs to come back through again

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

That's an interesting setup, are you planing on using it to blast your bike projects?

If you never used one open like that, get ready to have glass beads and fine dust film on everything you blast near. 

Edited by ndv
  • Like 2

@ndv yes i am using on the bike frame...in this instance i am going to paint it a new color, something i never do, so i think this might make the job quite a bit easier.

6 minutes ago, ndv said:

get ready to have glass beads and fine dust film on everything you blast near. 

right on. i have decided to do it in/on this big old wheelbarrow we have, so that should catch some of the leftover stuff, but i'm still prepared for some cleanup for sure.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

1 minute ago, nicklesndimes said:

@ndv yes i am using on the bike frame...in this instance i am going to paint it a new color, something i never do, so i think this might make the job quite a bit easier.

right on. i have decided to do it in/on this big old wheelbarrow we have, so that should catch some of the leftover stuff, but i'm still prepared for some cleanup for sure.

Not sure which media you are using but is you're using fine or ultra fine, it may take a while.  medium bead should do you good around 80-90psi.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

i'm using this stuff. you're correct, it said 90psi.

Screenshot_20240404_215610.jpg.b738a243506865103b5ed2efc800c3de.jpg

thanks for your interest btw man, this has turned out to be kind of a nightmare project...but you know what they say "a labor of love"..

Yeah, so looks like you're using a gritty media, coarse.  You basically wanna blast the paint off to where you see a fine satin finish, bare metal.  If you see pitting just back away from the frame although the finish surface with light pitting from the media is actually beneficial as when you spray primer, the pits allow the primer and paint to bond to something for a grip.  Same if you're going to powder coat or Cerakote.

The finger the media the finer the surface finish.  There's all sorts of media,  glass, aluminum oxide (stay way from that stuff unless you really need it), metal pellets, pecan shells. 

Anyhow, your beads being glass will break down pretty quick so blasting is a slow and steady thing once you find your distance and psi. 

Good luck with it.  I am sure the bike is going to be killer when you're complete. 

• Props 1