Cryptocurrency

CLICKCLACKONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 6/17/2021 at 6:59 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

Tijuana dentist accepting DOT for payment. 

sounds sketchier than it is. Not uncommon at all to use TJ dentist or orthodontist. 

1AA744A0-C38E-460A-B19A-B28BE18A181E.jpeg

For fa few years now, quickbooks has allowed merchants to be paid in btc.  Unfortunately I haven't had anyone pay me in btc but it's actually brilliant concept. 

Had an interesting conversation the other day that was more about stock than crypto, but I’ll loop it back in a sec… Anyhow, it was regarding how it’s sort of common practice for politicians to have their spouse or a shell company but the stock and make whatever investments on their behalf, so they can keep shit a bit more under the radar. Meanwhile, all those purchases have to be publicly disclosed. Makes sense that as a society, we’re largely too lazy and lack the attention span to follow this closely, but when you consider the massive wealth virtually every congressman has amassed, from what ultimately is really just insider trading (advanced knowledge and understanding the effect of certain legislation they’re involved with can affect specific markets and companies), it’s crazy how there isn’t a site or app that simply aggregates all those moves, maybe syncs them up with relevant headlines and sort of charts probabilities or weighs them against what’s known about that politician and their track records. 

Anyhow, seems pretty obvious, and if nothing else, would be a fascinating thing to track and put on blast in a very methodical and organized format. Also seems like an awesome data point for your own moves. 

So all that being said, to a lesser degree, wondering if the same can be applied to “crypto influencers”, though I’d assume politicians also have to disclose crypto purchases (though I think that would be less effected by policy and legislation than stocks). 

On a related tip, who do you guys follow? What worthwhile news or blogs sites are out there that do a good job informing and projecting? What are some standard data points you guys that are seriously vested ( @Mercer) use to keep track of developments?

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 10:03 AM, misteraven said:

Had an interesting conversation the other day that was more about stock than crypto, but I’ll loop it back in a sec… Anyhow, it was regarding how it’s sort of common practice for politicians to have their spouse or a shell company but the stock and make whatever investments on their behalf, so they can keep shit a bit more under the radar. Meanwhile, all those purchases have to be publicly disclosed. Makes sense that as a society, we’re largely too lazy and lack the attention span to follow this closely, but when you consider the massive wealth virtually every congressman has amassed, from what ultimately is really just insider trading (advanced knowledge and understanding the effect of certain legislation they’re involved with can affect specific markets and companies), it’s crazy how there isn’t a site or app that simply aggregates all those moves, maybe syncs them up with relevant headlines and sort of charts probabilities or weighs them against what’s known about that politician and their track records. 

I'd imagine if there were a database with that type of valuable information, access to it would be very limited. Something like that wouldn't last long unless it's just one admin in a large firm wise enough to know who's who, and one very rich person working together and that's it.

I mean think of these people actually running the SEC and their families, and you're a broker handling the oddly "above average performing" accounts held by these type of VIP's relatives. Not exactly information you'd jeopardize having access to.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

When shit dropped i honestly put all the shit on the back burner in my mind. Letting it ride. 

This is exactly what I did, multiple times, really pays off. 

5 hours ago, misteraven said:

Bought the last ETH dip almost at bottom. Up about 20%. 

Getting kinda board watching it though. What good shit coins are people looking at these days. Need some more excitement in my life. 

ADA has been my shitcoin of choice lately. Sold all mine at $1.20 for BTC/ETH but the hype train surrounding it still burning up the tracks.

Edited by Mercer
forgot the mother fucking decimal point in $1.20
  • Like 1

ETH just had what they're calling a "Triple Halvening" after the recent London hardfork meaning the same price rising pressure caused by bitcoin's halvening cycles has been tripled. At it's current price we're destroying $10,000 worth of ETH per minute. If you see ETH going up extra harbody over the next year don't be surprised.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

ETH just had what they're calling a "Triple Halvening" after the recent London hardfork meaning the same price rising pressure caused by bitcoin's halvening cycles has been tripled. At it's current price we're destroying $10,000 worth of ETH per minute. If you see ETH going up extra harbody over the next year don't be surprised.

LFG! I fomo’d in extra hardt (ll) during the last pump. Was bleeding for a lil bit. thank the gawds my period is over. As always 💎 🙌 will prevail. 

• Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@CLICKCLACKONERBuy BTC, ETH, then hit up uniswap with them, or VPN into a Binance account and trade the BTC ETH on there. I had the same problem when I lived in NY. Only Coinbase, and Gemini had their NY bit licenses at the time so everything else was technically illegal. Binance has finally locked me out until I KYC in a non-US passport, still have an old Bitfinex that I don't trust 100% but still lets me dive into shitcoins.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 10:52 PM, Mercer said:

@CLICKCLACKONERBuy BTC, ETH, then hit up uniswap with them, or VPN into a Binance account and trade the BTC ETH on there. I had the same problem when I lived in NY. Only Coinbase, and Gemini had their NY bit licenses at the time so everything else was technically illegal. Binance has finally locked me out until I KYC in a non-US passport, still have an old Bitfinex that I don't trust 100% but still lets me dive into shitcoins.

Good looks. Do I have to VPN into uniswap?

edit: in short, no. I'd suggest getting one anyway. You can even pay for up to 3 years of VPN access with crypto using NORD VPN.

Uniswap is a decentralized exchange. This makes it's legal status, and it's compliance with any local, state, or federal regulation irrelevant. Basically it's just an automated computer program that existing on Ethereum's blockchain, so basically on the entire internet.

There's no individual, or company that operates, or owns Uniswap for  the SEC (or any government org) to take take legal action against. At best, measures can be taken to censor the web addresses, which can be easily moved around, and changed. Because of this, and other known censorship redundancies, the best a government can do is severely limit access to the entire internet, and track down user's IP addresses which can also be masked.

Basically Uniswap and all DEX's are defined as a "Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (D.A.O. lol)" these programs operate mostly on the Ethereum's blockchain now, making them virtually impossible to censor. That is without crippling your own country by severely restricting internet access, financial suicide. Like bitcoin, nobody has bothered even trying to fight a D.A.O. (yet). Some governments do shut down, and severely restricted internet access for censorship reasons, but their citizens still have access to Uniswap, and Bitcoin for that matter simple by using a VPN.

Edited by Mercer
Boogiehandz
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 9/11/2021 at 5:53 PM, Mercer said:

edit: in short, no. I'd suggest getting one anyway. You can even pay for up to 3 years of VPN access with crypto using NORD VPN.

Uniswap is a decentralized exchange. This makes it's legal status, and it's compliance with any local, state, or federal regulation irrelevant. Basically it's just an automated computer program that existing on Ethereum's blockchain, so basically on the entire internet.

There's no individual, or company that operates, or owns Uniswap for  the SEC (or any government org) to take take legal action against. At best, measures can be taken to censor the web addresses, which can be easily moved around, and changed. Because of this, and other known censorship redundancies, the best a government can do is severely limit access to the entire internet, and track down user's IP addresses which can also be masked.

Basically Uniswap and all DEX's are defined as a "Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (D.A.O. lol)" these programs operate mostly on the Ethereum's blockchain now, making them virtually impossible to censor. That is without crippling your own country by severely restricting internet access, financial suicide. Like bitcoin, nobody has bothered even trying to fight a D.A.O. (yet). Some governments do shut down, and severely restricted internet access for censorship reasons, but their citizens still have access to Uniswap, and Bitcoin for that matter simple by using a VPN.

Yeah I already got the VPN.  good looks with uniswap.

Man, I wanna get rich already, fuck work.  all this waiting is annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...