Cryptocurrency

CLICKCLACKONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, abrasivesaint said:

Y’all still use Exodus as a wallet/transfer to a Trezor? 

Edit: i need to start pulling shit the shit i have on Coinbase off of there. I know friends that have tens of thousands sitting in the Coinbase app, but thats too risky for my blood considering the stories i’ve read here and elsewhere.  

I was fine with it for a few grand, but now i’m becoming uncomfortable, haha.

Exodus is great

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

So essentially I am buying a portion of a coin?

Also will apps like Gemini hold and track everything for me - no need for crypto wallets etc

/nooboner

You can buy crypto out to something like 0.0000000001 so even if the coin is like $60k you’re still able to throw $10 at it if you want.

gemini is an exchange to convert USD into crypto. And that is really all you should use exchanges for, then immediately move your shit into a wallet for safekeeping. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

You can buy crypto out to something like 0.0000000001 so even if the coin is like $60k you’re still able to throw $10 at it if you want.

gemini is an exchange to convert USD into crypto. And that is really all you should use exchanges for, then immediately move your shit into a wallet for safekeeping. 

word.

Hilarious how many people are all of the sudden financial experts after messing around with crypto.

It's a low barrier to entry and I compare it to the guys that are ufc fighters after watching a few cage matches at the bar.

I can see a lot of people are going to be taken advantage of as people that don't understand what they're doing start putting money into it.  One of my brothers is currently using a bot he wrote to profit off the market in both stock and in crypto..... and he's far from the only person capable of doing that.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

It works the same way a human works except it has way more many "eyeballs and hands" than a single human has.... thus increasing the value per time created by the bot..... it has potential to greatly exceed what a person is alone capable of, like any other sort of AI/ML. 

If anyone is serious about doing this on more than a hobby level I'd start learning ML and AI  stuff because that's what the guys that aren't talking on your social media networks and forums are doing.  They're making tons of money quietly and only telling their closest family/friends about it because, surprise, when you know how to do something like that everyone magically wants in on it.

There's really no secret sauce I could give you, if you understand coding and you understand markets you could make the same tool..... also people charge a lot of money for this kind of stuff as a service.... as in I run the tool on my hardware and let you have access to use it but you never get to see how it actually works.

This is the concept that drives botnets and allows "pay per attack" schemes to exist.  I don't want to derail on this too much.

I think we're seeing the beginnings of the crypto ban.

https://wearethene.ws/notable/218766 < ---- expansion on story below

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 8.59.04 AM.png

• Like 2

So i’m trying to transfer some money from Coinbase to Exodus. I’ve already transferred my bigger lumps of cash.. but i decided to throw another stack on ETH and now i’m trying to transfer that and it’s saying my available funds to transfer are only like 10% of what i have. The money has cleared through my bank, so is this a hold of sorts on their end? 

edit: it’s also saying my portfolio balance is X which is a couple thousand higher than it should be, haha. It’s like one of the transfers got stuck in limbo and is in both my Exodus and Coinbase or something, because right now in Coinbase i only have a few hundred in alt/shit/whatever coins, and it definitely doesnt add up to even half of what Coinbase is telling me i have. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Truth 1

I got a ton of reading to do, but will likely call @Mercer again and bug him for the Cliff Notes. 

That said, I have several Binance accounts from before they split off the USA version. A couple of them, I’ve purposely avoided logging into, thinking I can VPN into them and keep an account on the international exchange I stead of the USA one. 

Anyhow, what’s the consensus on the best platform to buy and sell on currently? Promised my son some ETH for his birthday and trying to find some shitcoins to buy to make life more interesting. 

• Props 2

18 minutes ago, misteraven said:

I got a ton of reading to do, but will likely call @Mercer again and bug him for the Cliff Notes. 

That said, I have several Binance accounts from before they split off the USA version. A couple of them, I’ve purposely avoided logging into, thinking I can VPN into them and keep an account on the international exchange I stead of the USA one. 

Anyhow, what’s the consensus on the best platform to buy and sell on currently? Promised my son some ETH for his birthday and trying to find some shitcoins to buy to make life more interesting. 

Metamask extension, and Uniswap (uniswap.org but always double check before clicking random links) handle's all my shitcoin exchange needs now as the vast majority are ERC20. Actually need to cash out of HEX myself. It's not an exchange per-say, Uniswap is software written in solidity (ETH's programming language) to operate autonomously on the Ethereum blockchain, with no centralized administration to threaten, or subpoena into sharing records/ID. Anyone can create a new shitcoin and have it listed on there without needing to be approved.

Also, you'd be surprised how many different assets, and non ETH blockchains are availiable on Coinbase now.

• Like 1

So.. went ahead and fucked around and downloaded Robinhood.. need to try and get some cash since the Michigan courts are trying to fuck me over.. also I'm completely new to this and haven't once dived into this thread so I'm a straight up n00b right now..

Anybody got any tips or advice on what stocks or crypto whatever to watch/buy..? Or perhaps a better trading app than Robinhood considering the whole GameStop fiasco..?

31 minutes ago, Tails0nE said:

So.. went ahead and fucked around and downloaded Robinhood.. need to try and get some cash since the Michigan courts are trying to fuck me over.. also I'm completely new to this and haven't once dived into this thread so I'm a straight up n00b right now..

Anybody got any tips or advice on what stocks or crypto whatever to watch/buy..? Or perhaps a better trading app than Robinhood considering the whole GameStop fiasco..?

Robinhood sucks donkey balls, courts can seize everything on that account with a phone call. Use a real exchange like coinbase, Gemini or so they don't hold your funds for you and you can withdraw your crypto.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Robinhood sucks donkey balls, courts can seize everything on that account with a phone call. Use a real exchange like coinbase, Gemini or so they don't hold your funds for you and you can withdraw your crypto.

Earlier this week I was speaking with someone who has 10k of crypto in the hands of robinhood.  He said due to the ongoing law suite his 10k is pretty much frozen at this time.  Can't do anything with it. 

Edit: I think one of the biggest problems with trading/buying/selling crypto is the lack of education of which platforms wallets/exchange forms to use.  The problem is so many people do educate themselves amd just throw money at crypto amd whatever exchange platform shows up first for the day on Google and thats it thinking they wakeup the next day "big rich".

Edited by ndv

Robinhood was the only thing that came to mind honestly but I'll definitely check out coinbase instead.. anything you think I should look into perhaps for both a potentially quick flip or long time investment..? Someone told me steel should be rising.. also apologies if this is super random or if most of this has been covered already in previous pages I legit just figured fuck it let me see what this is about as I'm getting ready for work..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ndv said:

Earlier this week I was speaking with someone who has 10k of crypto in the hands of robinhood.  He said due to the ongoing law suite his 10k is pretty much frozen at this time.  Can't do anything with it. 

That's the entire point of crypto, they can seize your accounts, they can even get a warrant to seize any cash they find. It's impossible to seize your crypto unless you give them the keys yourself.

• Like 2

Just now, Tails0nE said:

Robinhood was the only thing that came to mind honestly but I'll definitely check out coinbase instead.. anything you think I should look into perhaps for both a potentially quick flip or long time investment..? Someone told me steel should be rising.. also apologies if this is super random or if most of this has been covered already in previous pages I legit just figured fuck it let me see what this is about as I'm getting ready for work..

I'm too old school in this game, I only go for long term (Ethereum & Bitcoin), no quick flips for me anymore. One of this young whipper snappers can shill whatever shitcoin pump and dumps for you.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

That's the entire point of crypto, they can seize your accounts, they can even get a warrant to seize any cash they find. It's impossible to seize your crypto unless you give them the keys yourself.

So then how is the government able to haul trading crypto on the robinhood platform?  I am confused then.