Cryptocurrency

CLICKCLACKONER

15 minutes ago, ndv said:

So then how is the government able to haul trading crypto on the robinhood platform?  I am confused then.

Because Robinhood hold the keys and cooperate with the government. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, ndv said:

So then how is the government able to haul trading crypto on the robinhood platform?  I am confused then.

Because Robinhood "holds" any asset you purchase in their custody. You can't withdraw anything but USD from Robinhood, meaning you can buy, and sell whatever asset you want but everything stays on their platform.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

On 5/7/2021 at 10:50 AM, Mercer said:

Metamask extension, and Uniswap (uniswap.org but always double check before clicking random links) handle's all my shitcoin exchange needs now as the vast majority are ERC20. Actually need to cash out of HEX myself. It's not an exchange per-say, Uniswap is software written in solidity (ETH's programming language) to operate autonomously on the Ethereum blockchain, with no centralized administration to threaten, or subpoena into sharing records/ID. Anyone can create a new shitcoin and have it listed on there without needing to be approved.

Also, you'd be surprised how many different assets, and non ETH blockchains are availiable on Coinbase now.

seems there are iOS apps for this, at least for metamask. Before I start downloading and linking shit, just wanted to confirm these were legit. What apps are you using on your iPhone?

Another thing, dumb question that it is... When you buy crypto, it’s obviously on whatever exchange you purchased on. Is the only way to get it into your wallet is by sending (like a standard transaction) to yourself? Assume the answer to be yes, but wanted to check if there’s another way. Two issues I’m having... 1. I don’t necessarily see what the transaction rate is until after you’ve already sent it. 2. Trying to buy crypto for my son, rather than linking him up to my accounts to buy on his own. 

Not sure how I’ve fallen so far out of the loop in the last two years but seems shit is evolving at warp speed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, misteraven said:

seems there are iOS apps for this, at least for metamask. Before I start downloading and linking shit, just wanted to confirm these were legit. What apps are you using on your iPhone?

Another thing, dumb question that it is... When you buy crypto, it’s obviously on whatever exchange you purchased on. Is the only way to get it into your wallet is by sending (like a standard transaction) to yourself? Assume the answer to be yes, but wanted to check if there’s another way. Two issues I’m having... 1. I don’t necessarily see what the transaction rate is until after you’ve already sent it. 2. Trying to buy crypto for my son, rather than linking him up to my accounts to buy on his own. 

Not sure how I’ve fallen so far out of the loop in the last two years but seems shit is evolving at warp speed. 

Honestly, I don't use anything on my phone at all for security. If you have brave browser on your desktop you've got everything you'll need built in as I think it comes with the metamask plugin by default.

Desktop only, with a trezor for the most part outside of bitpay, which doesn't offer a desktop option. I don't have any exchanges/wallets outside of bitpay.

13 minutes ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

Wanted to run some exit strategy scenarios for ETH. 

get out when it reaches 10k or 15k?  Just don’t want to FOMO later. 

Will it hit 10k by August?

Maybe 20k by EOY?

fuck!

My original strategy for the 3 years leading up to the rona, and this bull was to cash out on top of the next halvening bull run. After the 40% increase in USD after the rona hit, I don't know anymore. I think the best plan now is going to be staking my ETH for the long run.

Most of the ETH being scooped up until February was institutional, long term investors like Grayscale, etc. Firms that would give zero fucks about a 3 year bear market and just scoop more. That said, we could still see a dip, but it won't be as bad as the first two dips as there are far less "lucky" retail investor whales.

Bitcoin went from 1400 down to 140 in the first dip (a 10x drop), 20k down to 3.5k second dip (a 5.5x drop). This demonstrates a long term pattern of rising to a plateau and stabilizing along the way. I'd say a 2x, to 3x drop would be the worst. By worst I mean at the very worst every panic seller out temporary bottom. Considering BTC averaged 10k during the last dip, this dip may not even be noticeable. It's possible it's established enough market cap to maintain, especially if you factor in the 40% increase in USD over the last year. 

Who knows with ETH, I def see a shitcoin reckoning on the horizon. That said, with more, and more ETH being staked, and a portion of the fee's being burned to make it deflationary on the horizon this summer, ETH is about to see it's own first "halvening" so to speak. I think the big boys (ETH/BTC) will make it. through. I'm confident enough I'll personally put my own money on it. I think 10k is very realistic, and 20k might even be conservative if the FED keeps printing out of control like this. It's weird as fuck looking at the cold storage and the numbers now, can't imagine what it will be like if we keep rising for another 7 months.

• Props 2

6 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

As someone who admits he knows “fuck all” about crypto in the grand scheme, I couldn’t help but reply “you fucked yourself for having faith in Doge after being warned for weeks” to my friend who said “Elon fucked us” today.

I know quite a few folks who made serious huge come upstairs off that dogecoin shit. I haven’t checked my little stash cause I took the app (robinhood) off my phone. Kinda wish I could do that with the crypto apps so I can stop fucking checking it obsessively. Threw a pretty large sum on eth and I’m considering even more. Just having a hard time deciding wether or not to keep adding to my Btc too. 

• Like 1

At first I was warning people, now I'm tired of this shit and recommending they go all in.  Like alls it takes is some minor research and you'd see it's been at zero, like literally less than a penny for about a decade. This isn't even a dip for Doge yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I know quite a few folks who made serious huge come upstairs off that dogecoin shit. 

For sure, i know some folks who made a quick couple Gs off the initial surge,  they got the fuck out though. I made a little but i got out quick. Doubled the money i put in and bounced. 

• Props 1

10 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

For sure, i know some folks who made a quick couple Gs off the initial surge,  they got the fuck out though. I made a little but i got out quick. Doubled the money i put in and bounced. 

Dogecoin has surged by over 500% in 24 hours - TechStory

Every no-coiner on earth is talking about Elon Musk and bitcoin. Dude owns a fraction of a fraction of percent of the bitcoin in circulation, and nobody cares because nobody was stupid enough to drop bitcoin for a Tesla (it's a trap).

Even worse, he never considered banks and ATM's burn 5x more energy than the bitcoin mining does globally. Reminds me of boomers blaming bitcoin because 5% - 10%  of money laundering, and other victimless "crimes" are done with bitcoin. Meanwhile every major bank on earth gets caught repeatedly laundering, the same thing but on a massive scale, and nobody wants to ban cash when most illegal transactions are done with it. I'm glad he's out, he never got it to begin with.

Real reason is because nobody is buying Teslas with Bitcoin> Why you might ask? Well Tesla doesn't get it.  They require the entire amount for the car is paid in full up front, and you couldn't buy anything outside of brand new cars. A true G would know any purchase over 10k like that requires an IRS form 8300, and OG's with that much crypto hate paying taxes and know better. wonK saggiN laeR, but Elon don't, he's too sheltered in a multi billion dollar bubble to get it. Alls they had to do is offer financing and keep payments under 10k and everyone would cop one.. 

• Like 2
  • Props 2