Cryptocurrency

CLICKCLACKONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@misteraven

I’m assuming this is similar to Monero…

I considered buying some Monero a while ago as felt like an obvious direction for people to head in. 

Once you have someone’s wallet address, and unless everyone regularly changes their wallet address, surely a simple look up will tell you a list of all the places they have shopped at. 

On 10/16/2021 at 7:31 AM, misteraven said:

Anyone here own any Pirate Chain? Seems  to me with the way things have been going, that an absolutely anonymous and private crypto might be the move. 

https://pirate.black

I don't own any, and I wouldn't recommend it (as an investment) to anyone for a few reasons. First, I should preface this by saying I'm sort of a maximalist having been in the game through more than one bull run. So full disclosure, there's a very good chance the next "big thing" will fly under my radar. Most of my early profits come from the ICO era in 2017 & 2018, from timing two shitcoins that sounded like they were far superior to existing chains like BTC/ETH (IOTA/EOS) but clearly were not. Like all shitcoins, my philosophy for the last 5 years has been hopping in, using them for their intended purpose, or short term profits, and then hopping back out. My strategy these days is focused on the longer term. With all that said, here's my reasoning why Pirate chain isn't something I'd endorse.

First reason, is hash rate. They don't have enough of it to be a safe chain IMO to operate. Chains with a much higher hash rate are being 51% attacked regularly. As a workaround to this vulnerability, they employ piggybacking their own delayed consensus using other chains, but that workaround comes with it's own flaws. Developers for the off chain consensus can shut down their piggy backing, and stop their chain from even being operational if they chose to. There's no reliable workaround for security. You either need the highest hash for your particular POS algorithm, or a proof of stake method of consensus.  Anything else presents at best a "slight" vulnerability that will, for sure, eventually be exploited once there's enough value at stake to exploit.

Monero is king of privacy, period. They're employment of ring signatures has proven to be solid. That's not to say zero knowledge proofs aren't awesome, because they're very useful. They'd be uncrackable (in theory) if they were mandatory for every transaction, or the vast majority of transactions on a given chain. Thing is, they'll never exceed Monero's privacy because they'll never has as many participants on their chain as Monero, who's had bounties on cracking their privacy for years from the IRC/SEC and still has never been cracked.

To be honest, my main reason for not liking Pirate Chain isn't technical at all. They're using the failed tactics of other shitcoin, rug pull projects. Namely, they spend a lot of money to get crypto, and crypto adjacent youtubers/podcasters to promote ARRR. This didn't work for Dash, and other shitcoin projects in the past that used treasury funds for marketing, and it for sure won't work now. In short, if their tech was revolutionary enough to actually matter, they wouldn't have to pay people to talk about it. I don't think this makes them any more shady, per-say. I just don't think there will ever be enough marketing funds to drive adoption to make their chain viable unless it's 100% a ponzi YOLO on their part. There are just too many other other zero knowledge proof chains, and privacy coins have such a huge head start in adoption.

It's hard to look at their chart and not smell shit, Look at that huge unnatural pump in March. This unnatural pump just so happened to coincided with their big marketing push as if it were all planned to get them on the map. I'm no Nostradamus, but I've seen enough charts to know with certainty what direction this chain is going moving forward, especially if/when we hit a bear market. I don't think they'll ever make it into the top 200, let alone top 50 where Monero has been since long before ARRR even existed.

1617056723_ScreenShot2021-10-21at8_45_21AM.thumb.png.469ab159ee62fb0554ae21865a991fb9.png 

The future of cryptocurrency privacy is going to be wrapped Bitcoin, and ZK rollups on ETH. I don't even recommend solid projects like Monero anymore for long, or short term investment. To me privacy coins are for two purposes, either for hop in and use it for dark-web purchases, or receive it, and hop back out as soon as possible. I keep an up to date Monero wallet just in case for this very reason, which I highly recommend, but haven't actually used it since 2018.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, craig said:

@misteraven

I’m assuming this is similar to Monero…

I considered buying some Monero a while ago as felt like an obvious direction for people to head in. 

Once you have someone’s wallet address, and unless everyone regularly changes their wallet address, surely a simple look up will tell you a list of all the places they have shopped at. 

This isn't true, you'd need more than their just wallet address to know anything other than the transaction you've sent to that address yourself, which you would have to know already as the sender, or receiver. This is why they can give you a Monero address to send a ransom to safely. You'll only know the transaction you already knew of on your end. The IRS bounty for anyone able to crack Monero was upped to $650,000.00 back in September of 2020 and still exists.

• Like 2

Bros what is my best bet - sell a portion and get my initial investment money back to make everything going forward profit?

Sell and take all profits just leaving my initial investment?

Just leave it alone and hope it keeps rising?

I have held stocks previously but this my first dive into crypto…….what are your strategies?

Edited by fat ralphy

9 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Bros what is my best bet - sell a portion and get my initial investment money back to make everything going forward profit?

Sell and take all profits just leaving my initial investment?

Just leave it alone and hope it keeps rising?

I have held stocks previously but this my first dive into crypto…….what are your strategies?

Different strategies for profit taking. I’m struggling with this myself, if anybody has any ideas please feel free to drop some knowledge. 

I’m thinking of taking 10% off the top every time whatever coin hits an ath. 

4 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Have settled on simply maintaining the stash and hoping it percolates into mo mo stacks.

The initial 500 aint really shit to me in the scheme of things so I figure why not let it ride….

May do the same @abrasivesaint since I am using Coinbase - good idea. 

I’ve collected probably $50-60 from those lessons at this point. Honestly, you can guess the answers pretty easily. Even if you get it wrong i think it gives you chances to guess again. Easy money. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 5:57 AM, CLICKCLACKONER said:

Different strategies for profit taking. I’m struggling with this myself, if anybody has any ideas please feel free to drop some knowledge. 

I’m thinking of taking 10% off the top every time whatever coin hits an ath. 

Personal strategy: I try and stack mostly eth and btc.

and then have about 20% in lower cap coins and one or two gambles. 

I then consolidate profit from these into eth/btc after a surge. 

The logic being historically a lot of the alts and lower caps just don’t survive long term. 

Re: Shib

It’s always good to take some profits during the euphoria stage.

SHIB just did 1m% or whatever so I would move at least some of it to something less volatile. If you think there’s more mileage in it, leave some in, but it’s always good to reduce your risk of total wipeout. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, craig said:

Personal strategy: I try and stack mostly eth and btc.

and then have about 20% in lower cap coins and one or two gambles. 

I then consolidate profit from these into eth/btc after a surge. 

The logic being historically a lot of the alts and lower caps just don’t survive long term. 

Re: Shib

It’s always good to take some profits during the euphoria stage.

SHIB just did 1m% or whatever so I would move at least some of it to something less volatile. If you think there’s more mileage in it, leave some in, but it’s always good to reduce your risk of total wipeout. 

That’s a good play. Currently I’m 45% btc, 45%eth and 10% altcoins/ gambling. 

But I was talking about taking profits on the way up so I can have some cash on decky to buy the dip. 

1 hour ago, abrasivesaint said:

I swear every time i throw a bit of money into some random coin to fuck around and see how it is it tanks within 24hrs, haha. 

edit: i mean throwing like $20 on some shitcoin and it immediately drops to $14..ha. 

Please go buy some BTC, I want to get in. 

• LOL! 1