Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Travel Log - 2011 - USA

A reply to MemphisorDie's letter - thanks!!

Also I am going to the post office after this to mail out FIVE letters and packages!! Thanks and please keep in touch. Some of you will be getting some early christmas persnts. And if anyone is still interested, I have this much meat to go through in the next 3 weeks, when I leave here. So... you can let me know by PM or Keepitrail@gmail.com. A relative got me a plane ticket and is flying me to Tennessee for the holidays. Going to leave my car here on the West Coast and then come back and resume the journey early January. I'm so excited to see California.... I am also trying to rig up some way to go to Cuba, if anyone has had experience with that sort of thing.

NovemberWashington003-1-1.jpg

Not much time left here, I'll get together a more exciting updtate in a tomorrow hopefully. I'm on a thing now, Writing at least 1,000 words a day on the typerwriter for the past week or two. Going to continue that way until I leave the cabin. Then either keep going or slow down and edit what I have. I am excited. I just keep them all in this big drawer all jumbled up. I hope the house isn't on fire right now.

I am also trying to rig up some way to go to Cuba, if anyone has had experience with that sort of thing.

[/img]

I went to Cuba from Montreal last year.

For you, the best place to get through would be Mexico City. Miami now does semi-regular flights, but i think you need to have relatives there to get on that flight.

I went to Cuba from Montreal last year.

For you, the best place to get through would be Mexico City. Miami now does semi-regular flights, but i think you need to have relatives there to get on that flight.

I was thinking more along the lines of a canoe or small boat with a motor, setting out from the bottom of florida. It's only 90 miles. But I dont know how Cuba would take it. I figure if I had a passport and some dough they'd be cool with it. I have read they don't generally even stamp US passports. Gonna think on it for a minute.

Anyway, got this in the mail today. Thanks to whoever!!!

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of a canoe[/size][/b] or small boat with a motor, setting out from the bottom of florida. It's only 90 miles. But I dont know how Cuba would take it. I figure if I had a passport and some dough they'd be cool with it. I have read they don't generally even stamp US passports. Gonna think on it for a minute.

You're kidding, right?? A canoe? What if the Cubans are NOT COOL WITH IT??

They have direct flights from O'hare now, or go thru Mexico City, ON A PLANE.

If you're an experienced sailor, maybe try it. Seems like way too many unknowns.

I will willingly donate for moar bandwidth. For realz. I missed out on the new photos while at work.

Also, I've written a letter for you KIR, I've just gotta put together a package and send it, hopefully by the end of the week.

EDIT - Fuck it, it's $24.95 for 1 year of Photobucket pro. If you've got Paypal dude I will transfer you that shit for some Christmas cheer. Definitely deserving of it.

KIR, do you have any music out there man? Got this mp3 player i was thinkin about fillin' up with some tunes for you so you have something to listen too out there on your journey. I also wanna make sure your gunna be there long enough to receive the package before you come back home, cause I could just give it to you then. What kinda music would you like?

i'm probably going shooting again this sunday--either near elbe or out by packwood, if you'd care to join us let me know. several handguns, a couple ak's, FN shotgun, maybe the scar...

Absofuckinglutely, I am there!!!

You're kidding, right?? A canoe? What if the Cubans are NOT COOL WITH IT??

They have direct flights from O'hare now, or go thru Mexico City, ON A PLANE.

If you're an experienced sailor, maybe try it. Seems like way too many unknowns.

This is the whole reason though. I don't have any money to buy a plane ticket out there. And doing things without money is almost always more fun. Imagine - with some flares and a harpoon for sharks!! And a kite, and a book, maybe a sail. But I don't know hwo to sail. So maybe just a couple of oars or a paddle. And a compass. I bet I could do it in a day, but it would be way better to do it over at night at sea.

I will willingly donate for moar bandwidth. For realz. I missed out on the new photos while at work.

Also, I've written a letter for you KIR, I've just gotta put together a package and send it, hopefully by the end of the week.

EDIT - Fuck it, it's $24.95 for 1 year of Photobucket pro. If you've got Paypal dude I will transfer you that shit for some Christmas cheer. Definitely deserving of it.

Wow, that would be awesome...

Yes I do have a paypal - Keepitrail@gmail.com

You should very much send me that package! That would be fantastic. I will hook you up for sure on the return, make sure to put a return address on there or email it to me so that I can start working on a package for you too...

Keepitrail's World Famous Deer Jerky by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

Got some jerky in the mail.

U.S.A.! U.S.A! U.S.A!

'

Glad to see you got it, that was fast... Will post up some flicks of your package soon!

My package was AWESOME!!! THANK YOU man really made my day. Stay safe wherever you are homey!

Yeah! Yours did mine. Very talented artist, you are. Once I figure out this photobucket I will put up a flick of it where I have it hung up

KIR, do you have any music out there man? Got this mp3 player i was thinkin about fillin' up with some tunes for you so you have something to listen too out there on your journey. I also wanna make sure your gunna be there long enough to receive the package before you come back home, cause I could just give it to you then. What kinda music would you like?

Man I would love some music. I have a record player I dug out from the attic, with some CCR and Pink Floyd and BB King and all sorts of jazz and whatnot. But the needle is junk, so it's really nasty sounding. I have always wanted to get some of the greater old hip hop though. There's a thread thats sticky'd at the top that has some great songs but I can't listen to music at the library heh... I like old folk music and classical piano and spanish flamenco and all the jazz greats.... I will be leaving here on the 20th, but I will be returning in January to pick up any mail and whatnot. So up to you! THanks!!!