Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Travel Log - 2011 - USA

So i'm not sure i'll be able to get this music player up to you in time but I still would like to gift it to you. While your in Nashville if you wanna kick it and drink some beers, maybe go paint, we can fill this thing up and get you goin on some music..

Guess who fell off???? Ha!

What? Mold? That's natural flavoring. Just some penicillin sprinkled on top to prevent bacteria.

Now all of you bastards who I sent moldy jerky need to SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS! PM or Keepitrail@gmail.com. I have gone out and gotten it vacuum sealed, for you pansy asses, and I won't stand for it that you've send me such wonderful packages and I've gone and muddled up my opportunity to repay you. Imperative that you send me a email or PM because I've mangled most of your packages in recycling them to send out others and have since lost the return addresses. Very sorry! I'm having a deuce of a bit of trouble with the Postal Service. Apparently they've done something with a painting I sent out too. Hmph! My postal reputation is growing besmirched!

c307e65e.jpg

3938b9a3.jpg

Can't wait to hear from you all soon! I'll be back in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

yo KIR, guess what showed up today homie?

ha. only took a little over month but the painting showed up safe and sound.

thank you much.

hope your holidays were good.

Wow...holy shit I was getting rather concerned. That's great to hear!

I have been in TN for the past couple of weeks. About to head back to the West Coast where my car is in Seattle and resume the journey. I am getting so impatient... Have been taking care of family and everything else drama this past few weeks and ALL I can think about is getting back to the road.

fd3856fc.jpg

The last week I was at my cabin I took a hike up to the mountain behind my house. I only had a disposable camera. In the far right picture, the little black strips are the tops of the mountains. The rest is a massive fog that stretched all the way to the horizon. That was just before I kindled the fire and made my pine needle bed. I didn't realize it till I had all the pictures laid out but they kind of form an arc from the sun. The first picture is about halfway up the mountain, the middle is near the top, and the last is on the summit.

Here is some of my notes from the hike. I haven't really read over them yet. I am still typing up the notes from earlier in the trip into more coherent form. I did not really mean to spend the night there but when I arrived at the summit I realized I did not have more than an hour till the sun set and I surely would have fallen down a rock slope and broken my leg or something had I tried to descend then. So I had: pistol, lighter, hoodie, knife, and hash. I didn't have a tent or sleeping bag so it was quite rough as it got down to about 14 degrees and I did not have any dry wood. I had never to date watched the entire night sky in a full rotation from dusk to dawn. It really impressed upon me the idea of space and insignificance.

b915c559.jpg

821406e7.jpg

9a3ba826.jpg

But anyway, I am going back soon to the road, within ten days. I will be getting rid of my food stamps card, as well. It's too easy. I had more fun when I had to find food. So I will be heading down to Portland and then California.... All along highway 101. Or is it 1? Anyone have any advice for the trip down the coast from Seattle to Southern California?

Thank you for all your support... looking forward to meeting up with some of you rascals!