Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Friends and Fam - I am back. Misterraven and several others have dug me out of the homo dungeons of solitude and breathed fresh air into my woefully bankrupt lungs. Good timing - and thank you.  

@Fist 666You're in Ashveille?? That's awesome. I will totally come visit. You moved?   @misteravenYo you're in Montana? Fuck yeah. I am thinking of doing a Wyoming/Montana tour this Spring/S

Also thank you for everyone who's kept up with me the past what - five years? More? Y'all kept me going. More than family at times, seriously. Pictures and more to come soon \ - ANYONE IN :

Posted Images

Re: Travel Log - 2011 - USA

These posts - you guys keep me going, seriously. I get so little humor in my daily enterprises. Except for last night, when I came home to a skunk on my porch. We had a little standoff, but I held my ground and he scuddle-waddled off. I didn't think much of it until, by God's honest truth - I realized I had left the deer head on my back porch. I walked back outside, at this point an hour or so later, and - Fucking gone. With no trace. It had been snowing hard since I arrived at home. Sooooo, I am going to track it down tomorrow or when the snow abates. It must have weighed twenty pounds! And it had those antlers...how in the world. Anyway I will re-double my efforts as I am sure he could not have drug it into a skunkhole so it's probably not far from the house. Until a coyote or snowdog comes and scoops it up. Alas....

It was a litttttle bit crunchy. But now I know EXACTLY how long it takes to char some meat beyond palate. I still ate it all though. I wouldn't have shared it. But now I'm pretty happy with the idea. So anyone who would like some venison jerky, let me know via mailbox.

Fourth package today! Thank you!!! YOu will be recieving a likewise recourse in the mail + Jerky of course.

Looking forward to hearing back from yall. Thanks to all the props - I just realized you can read what people say and see that they give you props in the control panel - ah! Thanks!

FridayNov16012.jpg

These posts - you guys keep me going, seriously. I get so little humor in my daily enterprises. Except for last night, when I came home to a skunk on my porch. We had a little standoff, but I held my ground and he scuddle-waddled off. I didn't think much of it until, by God's honest truth - I realized I had left the deer head on my back porch. I walked back outside, at this point an hour or so later, and - Fucking gone. With no trace. It had been snowing hard since I arrived at home. Sooooo, I am going to track it down tomorrow or when the snow abates. It must have weighed twenty pounds! And it had those antlers...how in the world. Anyway I will re-double my efforts as I am sure he could not have drug it into a skunkhole so it's probably not far from the house. Until a coyote or snowdog comes and scoops it up. Alas....

This story sounds familiar...

ghostdog.jpg

Jerky looks great.

*edit..

uhhh,

On second...he says it is venison, but can you really trust mystery meat in the mail from KIR?

It was a litttttle bit crunchy. But now I know EXACTLY how long it takes to char some meat beyond palate. I still ate it all though. I wouldn't have shared it. But now I'm pretty happy with the idea.

Could be the ultimate troll?

:lol:

KIR,

damn dude i would be bummed if the rack of the first deer i shot went missing, i hope you find that head even if just the rack. first snow is awesome, im sure its even more awesome in the middle of no place in a cabin. hope you have lots of fire wood! my fireplace has been on blast for the last few weeks....

KIR,

damn dude i would be bummed if the rack of the first deer i shot went missing, i hope you find that head even if just the rack. first snow is awesome, im sure its even more awesome in the middle of no place in a cabin. hope you have lots of fire wood! my fireplace has been on blast for the last few weeks....

this! fucking KIR, 0 for 2 on the skull keeping if memory serves correct.

gonna have to start stringing them shits up some place ghostdog can't get em.

cowlhcopy.jpg

KIR,

I kind of got over it after a few minutes. He's back in the forest where he is doing more good than i could have with him

That being said, I have not so little care of it that I did not conspired to track down the thief.

I could not locate his tracks in the aftermath of the theft - and it was fresh snow - a most interesting mystery! Hath he wings? Hath he covered his tracks with fresh snow? Hath he waddled only in the divots of my boot path?

I endeavored to discover him!

The next night, I left some meat in the same place as the head was, or at least near. (the head was on a shelf).

It was gone in the morning. Still no tracks.

So today I put the same amount of tendons/fat/bloodshot meat in a bundle, tied to rope, nailed to the porch. My logic is thus: Realizing the availability of meat, he will return, and finding it unsuitable to consume on the spot, will drag his treasure to his den, whereabouts I will find the skull (pending it has not been taken by a wolf or bear).

NovemberWashington014.jpg

Then, when he gets to the end of the rope he will have to eat it there, or abandon it. Thus leaving a direct line pointing from my porch to his den, providing that he does not return the string to the porch, which I would not put past him, crafty fellow that he is.

I await the morning with great relish.

A view from my driveway, yesterday at 2:00 PM.

NovemberWashington001.jpg

Studying the patterns of deer in the field adjoining my house. (not to hunt, as I've got that taken care of - but to know for the future and by the way, If anyone is in need of good reading, I suggest Tom Brown Jr's The Tracker. It will put you in a fever.

NovemberWashington010.jpg

So many great packages so far! I am working on my replies - one of you I have sent already - thank you! Such great excitement every morning when I see that little lady drive by my house and stop at my mailbox instead of driving onward.

Thank you for my packages so far - - they have been wonderful. Be on the lookout for return correspondence - I am fitting together a bundle of replies that I will mail this week.