Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Travel Log - 2011 - USA

Hahaha... After many, many encounters with Library personnel and security guards, I have mastered the art of having one window conceal the other, or knowing just exactly where to click while navigating to just the right part to grab the img URL so that the images are only up for a fraction of a second...

Also, I remember some very generous people were offering to help me out on this trip...so if any of yall would like to buy a painting, I would be happy to ship one to you, or deliver it in person when I roll through your town! I had this show and the dude told me to paint as much as I wanted and he'd put them in. Rather he meant that he would put two in out of seven: The largest one, and the one that nobody would ever buy.

So now I'm hustling paintings out the back of my car to small town white racists and the more progressive residents of Butts Road.

Morton.jpg

So yeah, the show was a bust, but it was fun. Until I got sick of standing around people, and got so uptight thinking that I would be in the city another night and day, I had to drive back home at 2 in the morning just so I could be alone and quiet...

If and when you make it to the Bay maybe we can work out a trade. I prefer smaller paintings because I don't have a whole lot of space.

I'd write you but I'm horrible at that kind of stuff....tell you what, if I find a postcard I'll take that as a sign and mail it to you.

awesome! I see you've turned into an animal. I hope you were able to save all the meat. I just had some venison stew lastnight, tasty with vegetables. I'll be sending you a package of nonsense in a couple of days. Workin at a kettle corn stand now, i'd send some if possible.

i still want a painting, but it would need to be smaller. i don't have the space for big shit. 12x18 or smaller. found wood is awesome.

maybe find some interesting creepy building/shack/shed/barn still life whatever on your property and do that. id like something specific to your location. anything that you think is representative of what you're experiencing there. paint it and ill buy it. easy.

I don't really need to wash my hands 10+ times a day.

It can become a compulsion. When i cook for my gpops i probably wash em after every time i

touch a non cooking surface. My logic is.... old fella shouldnt be exposed to germs that will make

him sick... And then yesterday i find a piss soaked pair of depends wrapped and tied around the

handle of the damn toilet brush. All i could do was shake my head knowing damn well his hands

were all over the brush end and he almost certainly didnt wash them after. Still trying to

figure out what he could possibly have been trying to accomplish.

So. Sorry about the thread detour. Sweet flix KIR. When i read about you in the paper i wont be surprised and good luck with your future travels. Maybe ill motivate and send you a relief package

Hahaha... After many, many encounters with Library personnel and security guards, I have mastered the art of having one window conceal the other, or knowing just exactly where to click while navigating to just the right part to grab the img URL so that the images are only up for a fraction of a second...

Also, I remember some very generous people were offering to help me out on this trip...so if any of yall would like to buy a painting, I would be happy to ship one to you, or deliver it in person when I roll through your town! I had this show and the dude told me to paint as much as I wanted and he'd put them in. Rather he meant that he would put two in out of seven: The largest one, and the one that nobody would ever buy.

So now I'm hustling paintings out the back of my car to small town white racists and the more progressive residents of Butts Road.

Morton.jpg

So yeah, the show was a bust, but it was fun. Until I got sick of standing around people, and got so uptight thinking that I would be in the city another night and day, I had to drive back home at 2 in the morning just so I could be alone and quiet...

lol woman holding the goat skull A+

Yeah, I had painted them all for this "burlesque" themed show but they got negged.

Anyway, how's this seeking?

IMG_2361.jpg

I think it's about 14x20. It's where my goat skull sits on the window sill overlooking the mountains which always have this soft and cushioned layer of clouds draped on them.

KIR you should do some deer jerkey and then send a piece as a thank you to folks who send you stuff.

I know folks would dig that after having seen you hunt it down via the oontz

Yes! I just bought a big smoker from an old lady on the street yesterday for five bucks. And I think there's a dehydrator somewhere lurking in the attic.

So yes, send me a letter and you get free jerky!

I got a couple PM's of where to send it to, so here you go again

(witty name of your choosing)

265B Butts Road

Morton, WA 98356

Something just bit me on my ass. Like, through my jeans. How does that happen...? I think I'm going fishing right now.

Yes! I just bought a big smoker from an old lady on the street yesterday for five bucks. And I think there's a dehydrator somewhere lurking in the attic.

So yes, send me a letter and you get free jerky!

I got a couple PM's of where to send it to, so here you go again

(witty name of your choosing)

265B Butts Road

Morton, WA 98356

Something just bit me on my ass. Like, through my jeans. How does that happen...? I think I'm going fishing right now.

Alls you need to make jerky is a box fan, couple bungie cords, and 2 or 3 hvac filters.

I think i made a thread about it a while back.

here's the link to the jerky thread if you're interested; http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138629&page=2

12 OUNCE BALLER, this guy! if this fool makes jerky i'm on that package wagon for definitely.

Same here but Im sending you a package already sometime this week...stay safe in your travels and keep us posted....

and if you DO ever make it to the Bay area...u got food, water, beer, and a shower here homie..

Love,

barbara_walters.jpg

Ah, sorry - All clear now

Thanks!!

I really like it too. It was such a beautiful morning.

Some times it is really difficult waking up very cold and alone and not talking to anyone for days and not knowing what to do or having so much to do you can't start or stop one thing...

but then I get to drive a bit and realize what a beautiful place this is. I get stuck all up on the hill in a fog and the trees surrounding sometimes feels like i'm all locked in. But when I get to drive...and see this beautiful country, all of that anxiety and frustration seems to die, to be quiet and soften its voice to nothing, to where you're not sure if it's there or not or if it will ever come back but for that moment and however long you can, you think maybe if you didn't have that agitation that this scene wouldn't be so soft and quiet in comparison.

But then I find sometimes if you can get in that mindset of frustration and aches of the mind then a moments repose comes so easily in those moments when you can climb just over the edge and start painting, or writing, or planning more trips, what will be done when you leave here in December. Ahhhh, those are good moments.

WednesdayNov16011.jpg

WednesdayNov16013.jpg

WednesdayNov16010.jpg

Such beautiful country!!

And the fishing is fantastic!

GOT my first package today!!

Thank you, it was perfect.

Just sent one back out to you.

And Seeking! You bought my first painting at the cabin. Thank you!

And YES I will make it out to the Bay Area. I will go to Portland next and then continue South. Thank you for the many offers of beer, showers, and long drunken walks on the beach. I look forward to the warm weather, you can be sure of that.

Also looking forward to Nevada and New Mexico. I really want to see the desert. I always think of Lawrence of Arabia. I liked that man.

I had frozen all the meat and I just thawed it today. I also am considering the box fan method, that was very genius, but I believe I will try to smoke it first, as I would not have to buy filters or use electricity, and I like the idea of using the wood from where the deer made his home and mine.