Sobriety

forsit

Actually I am sober right now. It's a really strange feeling, and has been since I went sober. I do enjoy the sober life but I also miss the drunken partying life I used to live. I can remember all the fun times I used to have with alcohol and various substances I would use to become intoxicated. I didn't go the whole AA route or anything like that it was just kinda a decision I had to make in my life. I was drinking far to much with friends and doing substances I won't talk about on here, I passed out and woke up in the bushes in front of my house. That is what made me realize I needed to go sober, well that and the fact that I also had class this morning and really couldn't show up drunk for class again.

I do want to say that I think I am going to end my 6+ hours of sobriety in a few hours when my friend gets out of class and we go get a beer. But hey the sober life can't last forever can it?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've cut down quite a bit on my use of a certain powdery white substance we all know me to be quite fond of, if that counts for anything.

However, I definitely haven't stopped doing it (party tonight, so I'm sure I will), and I still drink wayyyyy too much, every night...guess I'm not gettin a sober badge anytime soon, huh?

I've been sober for about 7 months now. Not everyone has to be sober, some people can handle it and some people can't. Preachy folks who want to tell other people how to live their lives can go properly fuck themselves.

I was never a day-to-day drunk, wake up to beer type of dude, but when it was time to party I would drink a shit-ton and black out wild out of pocket. Used to love ordering drinks at the bar and pulling my bird out to piss on the ground, acting all nonchalant and whatnot. Said a lot of wild shit to people that shouldn't have been said, put my life in danger countless times. Didn't have that control to not go over the edge, all or nothing type drinking personality. Never pass out, only fueled to do more shit or dance like a prick.

So yeah, I haven't drank in a while. Shit isn't easy. Having a lady makes it easier, because shit - I could really only meet chicks when I was loaded - it's pretty much a built in requirement for being social in America. But waking up clear headed without fucked up anxiety is really nice. Not being 86'd from places, not losing my cell phone all the time, crashing my bike, pulling my dick out, being hungover at work etc...

Working at going out and being social is probably the hardest thing for me, I still go to bars with my friends and kick it - I just have to tell people to fuck off about the drinks and try not to get crazy annoyed being the sober dude. Definitely not trying to be on some straight edge my-way-or-the-highway type situation, it's different for everyone.

i was addicted to heroin for about a year...well, heroin, xanax, any benzo, and alcohol...Ive been clean for about a month, maybe a bit longer, i dont count days because i think it makes it a lot harder, makes me think about it more. getting clean is the hardest thing i have ever had to do. sober life is so much better and easier than being addicted. I used to spend my day trying to get money, getting drugs and getting high. after a while i wasnt even getting high off the heroin, i was just doing it to feel normal. being a addict is a shit life. being sober is great, sometimes its hard to get there. I would encourage anyone whos having trouble with addiction to get clean, do whatever it takes... go to meetings, see a councler, go to a rehab if you have the money. accupuncture can actually be pretty helpful for addiction problems and the cravings... get clean. being a addict is a shit life.

• Like 1

same exact boat. caught a few cases.(not related to drinking or drugs) came within inches of doing some serious time and after anger management programs and various other court appointed programs, i cut all that out. been almost 4 years now and i dont miss it at all. i actually laugh at those whos only joy in life is when they arent in there right mind. Its sad. i dont knock nobody tho cause i aint god i cant judge and i been there myself.

It does suck being sober in a club/bar and everyone is twisted tho

heroin turns you into a junkie.

period.

we learned that in grade six.

i feel sorry for those of you who live in the states. no wonder so many of you people abuse prescription pills when your government treats marijuana as a narcotic.

sorry but i just cant get into the "euphoria" statement.

even if youre not pokin yourself with syringes, youre still hovering over a spoon.

on some uncle howie shit.

I wouldn't consider myself an alcoholic because I don't drink everyday. When i do drink I can't be in the 'middle ground' though. It's either I don't drink enough to feel intoxicated or I blow all my cash and not remember much of the night. I've drank every weekend since I was 13 bar 6-7 occasions.

Because you don't have sober time haha. A few days isn't going to change anything. You have to work the steps and whatnot to truly be happy. You have to want it.

Not for nothing but anybody I've ever known who went through all that "steps" bullshit had to hang around a bunch of miserable losers, do stupid shit like become religious, and basically were fucking miserable and constantly relapsing.

The people I know who just manned up and stopped drugs/drinking or whatever on their own seemed to have more of a head on their shoulders as a result compared to the AA/NA "12 steps" crowd.

AA and NA are basically just DL cults who attract weak people and brainwash them into thinking that they have to be and do exactly like them or else they're doomed to failure.

But hey... do you.

i tried heroin for the first time when i was drunk, i was under the impression that it was a smashed up oxy...after i sniffed it i hit the floor and was out for hours...after waking up i knew it wasnt an oxy, but i wasnt totally sure what it was. after asking i found out...and within a few days i was shooting the shit up. heroin is by far one of the best highs that you can get, this is also what makes it so dangerous, after feelin that high, other drugs dont do it, and you start to crave that feeling at all times of the day. shit is crazy. its really really not worth it at all. it will drain your money, as well as your life. shit makes you act like a zombie and the worst part is that you have no idea, you think your acting normal. heroin is something that i had always told myself i would never do, the thought of it used to disgust me, but after doing it, you dont ever wanna be sober, i would get nervous and crazy anxiety if i dint have money to go cop. shit really takes total control of your life really fast. anyone thinking about doing the shit, just dont, and anyone who says they will never try it, good, just dont make a stupid mistake like i did. after being on that shit, you realize how great something as simple as being sober is, when i was addicted, i used to envy people who were sober, and living "normal" lives, lives not revolving around using and getting money to cop. being sober is great. life is a gift, dont waste it getting high and shit..