CHEESE STEAK ARGUMENT THREAD: ITS BACK!

Soup

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CHEESE STEAK ARGUMENT THREAD: ITS OFFICIALLY SUPER GAY

Really tho

Both pats and ginos are some tourist shit

I was in Philly for 2 weeks and my boy wouldn't let me go out like that, I had to go by myself - he told me straight up they were both garbage, I think I had ginos and I know the one I got on that corner was one of the worst I had on the cheese steak tour

but I ate cheesesteaks all over the city, so many I couldn't tell you which was what

and I'm not feelin the cheese wiz, I usually got provalone or whatever "white cheese"

And I'm not saying people can't perfect the magic or whatever, but every cheese steak I ever ate outside of Philly was some fake shit

I mean damn, some of these motherfuckers are putting lettuce and tomato in it

I hate to say it tho, I think Pittsburg might have better sandwiches for putting fries and vinegar slaw on em!

(lol u mad?)

Hey we might as well argue about hoagies too because nowhere else is fucking with our hoagie game.

My favorite spots are all in the suburbs though.

Italian Special, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Capicola, Prosciutto, etc etc and I went ahead and slopped madd mayo on it cus thats how I get down.

italianspecial.jpg

I have only driven through Downtown Philly when we were traveling from DC to NY. Decided to get off the I-95 and explore a little then get back on. Wish I got out to try a cheesesteak. We knew we were getting close to Philly on the freeway when the tags on the walls started getting tall and skinny.

Hey we might as well argue about hoagies too because nowhere else is fucking with our hoagie game.

My favorite spots are all in the suburbs though.

Italian Special, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Capicola, Prosciutto, etc etc and I went ahead and slopped madd mayo on it cus thats how I get down.

Noone is fucking with the deli next door as far as the Italian sub goes

Proscuitto, capicola, mortadella, genoa, sopressata, provolone...so fuckin good

Really tho

Both pats and ginos are some tourist shit

I was in Philly for 2 weeks and my boy wouldn't let me go out like that, I had to go by myself - he told me straight up they were both garbage, I think I had ginos and I know the one I got on that corner was one of the worst I had on the cheese steak tour

but I ate cheesesteaks all over the city, so many I couldn't tell you which was what

and I'm not feelin the cheese wiz, I usually got provalone or whatever "white cheese"

exactly. both pats and gino's suck. tony lukes suck. cheeze whiz sucks. screw all that garbage. i have yet to have a cheesesteak in philly that i have liked

I had a cheese steak from Philly Fevre in Seattle for dinner on Saturday. They used to have a letter from the mayor of Philly thanking them for spreading the culture and always had the Philadelphia paper there and stuff.

The owners have changed but the sandwiches are still pretty good in my opinion.

Any Philadelphia locals been to this place and care to share weather the food there is okay or is it just a joke when compared to the real thing?

exactly. both pats and gino's suck. tony lukes suck. cheeze whiz sucks. screw all that garbage. i have yet to have a cheesesteak in philly that i have liked

That cheese wiz shit is garbage, but they have other cheese, and it's really good. I found good phillys, but I basically wandered around south street area for a week and lived off cheesesteaks.

You just probably did the touristy shit - I walked past pats and ginos like 80 times and never got either because my boy told me really only tourists and old people with nothing better to do went there

I even had a vegan cheese steak! I was going all out

That cheese wiz shit is garbage, but they have other cheese, and it's really good. I found good phillys, but I basically wandered around south street area for a week and lived off cheesesteaks.

You just probably did the touristy shit - I walked past pats and ginos like 80 times and never got either because my boy told me really only tourists and old people with nothing better to do went there

I even had a vegan cheese steak! I was going all out

Pats and Genos are actually pretty good, just not the best.

They are tourist traps, but the locals do go there too after the bars let out.

They're overpriced and over hyped, but not much else is open at 2:30 in the morning, and they're open 24/7.

Your boy was just being a hater. Like any true Philly head.