CHEESE STEAK ARGUMENT THREAD: ITS BACK!

Soup

Re: CHEESE STEAK ARGUMENT THREAD: ITS OFFICIALLY SUPER GAY

fuck all this bullshit(im arguing for san francisco, seeming as I have never been to philly or the east coast at all...but I have had cheese steaks all across the west, south west, chitown area, the south) and only once have I had a cheese steak better then the place I will be describing in the next paragraph, but that cheese steak will be descrivbed in a following paragraph or something....

THE BEST CHEESE STEAKS ON THE WEST COAST ARE FROM "THE CHEESE STEAK SHOP"

Cheesesteak-logo_BIG.jpg

I have been eating there my entire life, and have never had a less than stellar experience. provalone cheese over a 15 inch roll with over a pound of the highest quality steak. side of hot peppers and it almost orgasmic. the 15 inch kinged(double meat double cheese) weighs in at close to 4 pounds of cheesy-steaky goodness, add 6 slices of bacon and my fucking god...... aside from the taste being next to godly, there are always deals going down(half off two days a week) (half off sides) frequent customer cards can be filled with stamps in as little as two to three visitsdepending on what you buy and there are two double stamp days making it that much faster to getting free steaks. they also make hoogies witch are good but Iv never gotten one...why the fuck would I get a hogie when I could get this...(reffering to the picture...)

DSC00933.jpg?t=1245926348

the only cheese steak I have had the pleasure of ingesting that could rival said cheese steak above was created by non-other then the hells angles food booth at the dream machines car show in halfmoon bay california(about an hour and half north of san francisco(possibly south I don't know dirrections verry well and I don't drive) they had two bassic types, one with provalone and the other was with cheese wizz, both were pretty fucking amazing, but were smothered in onions(the onions were sweet, but there was too much, it took away from the flavor of the meat) but still they were delicious, unfortunatley the following year they changed to selling chicken sandwiches(WHAT THE FUCK).....anyways....im drunk as fuck and now i fucking want a cheese steak..... thank you....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were really that simple, then why can't anybody outside of Philly and its surounding suburbs get it right? :dunce:

haha I can't believe this has continued on to a tenth page. I actually generally agree with you on the it's usually done best where it started tip but having never eaten a cheesesteak or been near philly I can't comment on this. I just wanted to post that picture.

Re: CHEESE STEAK ARGUMENT THREAD: ITS OFFICIAL

How about everyone stops acting like such fucking retards? 23 or 33, you're fucking too old to be trying to antagonize strangers on the other side of the country by arguing about sandwiches. It's time to turn your computer off and take a fucking break.

DAO, go spend some time with your family and do some poorly executed graffiti.

Soup, go talk about scuba diving or fixies or whatever it is you're into.

ASS, it's time to just use the ignore list. You're looking like Frank Grimes, losing your cool because you want so badly for everyone to see that some guy you'll never meet is a moron.

You're a bunch of adults literally acting like children.

That is perhaps the most obscure simpsons reference I've ever seen in my life.

Props :lol:

1st, Ferris wtf you talking about? I've never made a cheesesteak in my life, I can drive 5 minutes in any direction and get a huge, delicious one for 5 bucks so why would I waste the time.

The milkshake I made was chocolate ice cream with peanut butter, which was fucking amazing.

Don't type at me nigga you confused.

IDK what's up with this thread.

But I've sampled "cheesesteaks" in every city I've ever been in, and they all sucked cock. The meat always tastes like Steak-Ums.

Nothing beats a good cheesesteak, and you ain't getting one unless you come to South-Eastern Pennsylvania or maybe parts of Jersey. Point blank period close teh thread=

I could have sworn I saw you make a cheese steak and post it in the "post your meals" thread. Maybe I didn't, oh well. And the milkshake thing was a joke, since we all seemed to give you hard time about your grub. Relax.

Guest 50million

I'm not saying it's impossible for somebody to move from Philly and start their own shit overnighting Amorosos from Philly, I'm just saying that %99.99999 of the time a "Philly Cheese steak" outside of the Philly area isn't even a real cheesesteak at all.

Shit's about as authentic as dudes in Dallas stretching out their tags and calling them "Philly hands".

i agree..to an extent. some places are careful how they call these "sandwiches"

the cheese steak shop in the bay area calls them "Philly style sandwiches" even though they fly their bread from philly just to make them. they are trying to be politically correct. but i would still call them cheese steaks......i would never say philly style sandwich, unless it sucked. which it doesnt..

I love steak and cheese sandwiches. I eat them everywhere I go, and make them at home a few times a week, almost always with mushrooms, mayo, and extra American cheese. Are these delicous? Of course they are. Are they an authentic Philly Cheesesteak? No, because they're not from Philly and they're not made in the same way. That's why I call them a steak and cheese, as does almost everyone I know.

This argument really isn't all that difficult to get

I had to look it up cause I've never heard of the Spotted Dick in a can...

This is what I found on Wiki.

Spotted dick is a steamed suet pudding containing dried fruit (usually currants), commonly served with either custard or butter and brown sugar. Spotted refers to the dried fruit (which resemble spots) and Dick may be a contraction/corruption of the word pudding (from the last syllable) or possibly a corruption of the word dough.[1] Another explanation offered for the latter half of the name is that it comes from the German word for "thick," in reference to the thickened suet mixture. There are many nicknames for a Spotted Dick including "Spotted Richard", "Dick in a box"" :lol: , "Dotted Lloyd", "Mixey Dick", "Dick with a dot", "Le Dick Spots", "Creamy Brown Dick", "Dick con Motas", and "Dickie Burton" as well as many others. It is a cultural part of English Cuisine.

"Dotted Lloyd", "Mixey Dick", "Dick with a dot", "Le Dick Spots", "Creamy Brown Dick", "Dick con Motas", and "Dickie Burton" as well as many others. It is a cultural part of English Cuisine.

:D..

I read an article a week or so ago about how they believe the cheese steak is kind of taking the back burner and the hot pork sandwich is starting to become the new sandwich of philly. forget where i read it though.