What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
bullington_sad-tale-bros-grossbart-tp.jpg

The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart by Jesse Bullington

I've only read the first two chapters, so far it is fantastic though.

Set in the late 1300's. In the first 2 chapters 1 child has had his throat slit, one woman has had her head caved in by an axe, 5 men have died in various (completely vicious) ways, 3 dogs have been beat to death and 2 horses have been killed.

It's this guy's debut novel. Nothing but rave reviews. I actually saw it in the store and grabbed it without reading any reviews on it or anything, which I rarely do. I am very happy with my choice.

read this while i was away, pretty fuckin awesome...

I've also been reading this, it is technically a comic/graphic novel but is more like a book series than anything. Really good plot, illustration of course is on point and not child oriented in the least

100%20BULLETS%20FIRST%20SHOT%20LAST%20CALL%20TP.jpg

Better than any "crime" book I've read in a good while

get the whole series so you can tear through it. i just reread the whole shit in no time. so amazing

also reading this that i found on the street.

x19528.jpg

kinda rad

Anthony bourdain: the nasty bits

i loved this book. a must-read for any kitchen worker. a great follow up to kitchen confidential.

just finished "dress your family in corduroy and denim" today. sedaris is pretty much hilarious. definitely going to read more of his work.

going to start 'love is a mixtape' by rob sheffield.

it was given to me here. i've no idea what to expect, but i like mixtapes and have always loved making them...

• Like 1