What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
wat?

i think a ton of what is implied, like mass rape, child murder and skullfucking or some shit, is never actually described in great detail. even the scalping only garners a sentence or two at most.

for example, the wikipedia entry about the asian holocaust is far worse in terms of graphic descriptions of violence. imo.

meh, it is getting more brutal as it goes, but it is still spare prose.

i think a ton of what is implied, like mass rape, child murder and skullfucking or some shit, is never actually described in great detail. even the scalping only garners a sentence or two at most.

for example, the wikipedia entry about the asian holocaust is far worse in terms of graphic descriptions of violence. imo.

meh, it is getting more brutal as it goes, but it is still spare prose.

i gotcha, i think thats what makes his stuff so disturbing to me. it sets your imagination up for whatever/where ever it wants to go.--leaving it to your imagination and not the authors.

there's a scene in 'outer dark' where he does that, to avoid spoilers i won't go in depth, but its more fucked up than almost everything in blood meridian.

anyhow

down and out in paris and london by george orwell.

not surprisingly, its great so far

Guest YEAHMANWORD

Just finished Stephen King's Under The Dome. 1075 pages and didn't have to slog through a single sentence. Couldn't put it down.

I've been a fan of his for as long as I can remember...I think Cujo was the first one of his books I read. I was 8 years old with a horrible flu & was home from school for 3 days. Finished Cujo and after that I was hooked. He pumps out literature like a madman and his writing style is second to none.

dome.jpg

Been on a little zombie kick lately as well...finished these 3 in the past month or so, all easy reads & entertaining. I didn't realize the "Recorded Attacks" book was a graphic novel, as I had ordered it from borders.com. Wouldn't recommend it as a novel, but good for anyone who likes graphic novels/zombie lit. Other 2 books were very entertaining.

worldwarz.jpg

61oAdbJYS7L.jpg

imgDay%20by%20Day%20Armageddon2.jpg

Currently Reading the last book of my zombie kick - "Monster Island" So far it's a C, but that C becomes a B if you're from NYC, as that's where it's set. Got good reviews from alot of people though...about 1/4 through it.

1560258500.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

images%3Fq%3Dmonster%2Bisland%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1