What book are you reading? Part 20

thats cool.

i went through a phase where i was collecting first editions (or as early as i could find) and so my office smells like that. that hobby got too expensive though so i gave it up and just watch for them at estate sales.

There's a book town not too far from me called Hay-on-Wye, it's amazing, they have 30 second hand book shops, some carry rare stuff and some are just run of the mill. If you can spend some time digging about you can always find a bargain. It's one of my favourite places in the world. They have a literary festival every year that's brilliant. You should visit, go get your first edition back on!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

bought these recently, a teacher gave me her copy of Siddhartha in high school and i read about half and put it down and felt bad i had it for so long so i returned without finishing it. never got around to reading Art of War or Great Expectations and always wanted to. Prodigal Father was cause i've been on a MC kick.. i got some reading to do.

0553213423.01._SX220_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

-siddhartha-hermann-hesse.jpg

The-Art-of-War-9781593081720.jpg

2576547.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

/\/\i'm pretty sure that dude is a bot.

just finished

norwood.jpg

i was intrigued by portis after watching the extras on the new TRUE GRIT so i thought i'd start with his first work. very entertaining, quick read. he has a humorous way of writing, and its very simple in its structure.

started this last night

51WGGuZO6gL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Re: What book are you reading Part 20

869317.jpg

That looks super interesting, any cop NOES?

Ah, Triplanetary. IIRC, the first in E E Smiths Lensman series.

It took me two reads to get to grips with this one; I found that the best way to read this and others in the series is little and often.

You may also like L. Ron Hubbards Mission Earth series. They are what the author describes as satyrical science fiction. There are 10 books in all.

Im not sure if they are still in print, but they are worth looking out for.

As for myself, I am currently working my way through a very old Readers Digest set called Secrets & Stories of the Second World War.

Don

Scientology bots in the book thread, should we be worried?

I'm reading this...

9780141196220.jpg

avoiding the true blood books my friend bought me

last book a finished was forever by pete hamill, irish immigrant comes to manhattan in 16 or 1700s, gets long lasting life, and see new york change from them - 2001ish.

book i tried to read after that was alphaville which sucked and basically just followed a dick head cop around arresting drug dealers in the les,

and the book i just started again and hopefully finish is gotham, a 1200 page book on the history of nyc to 1898

savage-beauty-book-cover.jpg?w=460&h=460

So damn nice.

You got it, fuck yeah!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Weapon XXX again."

a-kiss-before-dying-ira-levin-paperback-cover-art.jpg

I'm STILL puttin off that Charlaine Harris shit, I just can't bring myself to read it at all. I'm such a bad friend.