What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 7/8/2024 at 12:33 PM, abrasivesaint said:

IMG_1916.jpeg.d969d820b68d93c5e2da57200f2c71f4.jpeg

just listened ^ 

IMG_1915.jpeg.1b52130b97cd36773f261a779b593370.jpeg

currently listening ^ 

IMG_1917.jpeg.3da098ebc96d3a908ccb05f0ee00bd5d.jpeg

previously listened ^^

ran into a pagan over the weekend at a Starbucks. Wasn’t what I expected at all. Old dude. Probably 60s. Gear was pretty clean and his bike was more modern than expected. at first I thought he was a weekend warrior until I saw the patches. 

I’ve always kept my eyes on the jackets/back patches of bikers but I think that’s the only pagan I’ve ever come across. 

26 minutes ago, diggity said:

ran into a pagan over the weekend at a Starbucks. Wasn’t what I expected at all. Old dude. Probably 60s. Gear was pretty clean and his bike was more modern than expected. at first I thought he was a weekend warrior until I saw the patches. 

I’ve always kept my eyes on the jackets/back patches of bikers but I think that’s the only pagan I’ve ever come across. 

From what i understand they’ve been expanding pretty heavy. They have a rep for pretty serious violence, and that book certainly portrays that, but at the same time, it’s written by a cop and it’s a book to sell, some i’m sure there’s some liberties taken with the storytelling. 

Don’t think I’ve ever come across a Pagan. 

23 hours ago, diggity said:

@abrasivesaintI'm thinking its probably a territory thing as to why I dont see them around. That said, I dont see any Hells Angels or any other major OMG.

Definitely a major factor. If there’s no chapters in the region they’d really only be passing through. Chapter size is also a factor, some chapters are huge and other literally have the bare minimum so your chances of seeing 1 out of 4/5 guys is pretty slim, ha.

I’m surprised you don’t see other folks out that way though. I think the Outlaws, Sons of Silence, and Mongols all have chapters around there, not sure about some of the other larger players or your spot specifically though. Probably a fair amount of support clubs around. 

On 7/26/2024 at 9:58 AM, misteraven said:

@Schnitzelcheck these out…

Unleashed: A post-apocalyptic thriller (V Plague Book 1) https://a.co/d/489Y0XK

Zombie Road: Convoy of Carnage https://a.co/d/5syuYKE

On 7/26/2024 at 10:04 AM, misteraven said:

@Schnitzel

Downward Cycle: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival Thriller (Catalyst Book 1) https://a.co/d/hlNfPLm

Escaping The Dead: A Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Novel: Book 1 https://a.co/d/2yM7gKh

This series was epic: The Purge of Babylon: A Novel of Survival (Purge of Babylon, Book 1) https://a.co/d/9XzPf8P

@misteraven

out of these what is your first priority?

got a credit needs using an about to finish current abook

Leaning towards Zombie Road: Convoy of Carnage or

Escaping The Dead: A Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Novel.

• 3 weeks later...

loving this book

I like dystopian books but often this involves one event (EMP attack, Zombie outbreak) this one is more gradual. (boiling frogs etc.)

Thoroughly recommend it.

image.png.8766cdb5581b78091a63dc8f7c01ba10.png

BLURB from the back:

On a dark, wet evening in Dublin, scientist and mother-of-four Eilish Stack answers her front door to find the GNSB on her step. Two officers from Ireland’s newly formed secret police are here to interrogate her husband, a trade unionist.

Ireland is falling apart. The country is in the grip of a government turning towards tyranny and Eilish can only watch helplessly as the world she knew disappears. When first her husband and then her eldest son vanish, Eilish finds herself caught within the nightmare logic of a collapsing society.

How far will she go to save her family? And what – or who – is she willing to leave behind?

Exhilarating, terrifying and propulsive, Prophet Song is a work of breathtaking originality, offering a devastating vision of a country at war and a deeply human portrait of a mother’s fight to hold her family together.

• Like 4

On 8/6/2024 at 8:54 PM, Schnitzel said:

image.png.90639fc043b3ab2c9edb61ff619dfc77.png

Read this cover to cover last night. 

not sure why i got so hooked on it. 

But once I started it couldnt put it down.

Cool-going to try to track this down. Read a book called Hokkaido Highway Blues 10 years or so back after my first snowboarding trip there. It’s a good one and I’d recommend it 

• Like 1