The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably just me but I can't go messing with none of these tasty high alc. beers. If I am going to be messing with a beer that is up around 8 I need for it to taste like malt liquor to provide a little reminder to my brain that I need to watch it.

Last time I messed with a barley wine I fell asleep on the couch with my shoes on.

Q. What is hands down the best beer ever?

A. Free beer.

^yea coopers pale is what its all about... only beer i have ever drunk that doesn't give a hangover... no preservatives.

No preservatives but it still has active yeast floating in it. No hang over but if you've got a weak stomach then you'll be shitting your brains out in the morning.

How was it, and what type of ale was it?

American Strong Ale - it was fucking delicious. Nose had hints of caramel, coffee, and pine. Taste was pretty similar, though more hoppy than any other flavor - strong pine and a little less citrus hops up front, and a little sweet malty bitterness in the end... I tasted the alcohol but it didn't overpower. Poured dark brown and opaque. I bought it much later than it was released, so I imagine it's mellowed out. Highly recommend it if it's still available where you are.

flicks:

IMG_0333.jpg

the arab looking jar in the back is just some beans I'm sprouting...

IMG_0334.jpg

held it up to the light at about 2PM, still can't see through it.

I'm only on my second glass now, and am feeling a good buzz. Love this beer.

Lastly, the selection at the bar I was at on Saturday - excellent selection, and Dale's on tap. :)

Don't see that too often around here...

IMG_0330.jpg

new belgium i can't get down with.

even their lips of faith series has blown majorly.

Veinti- I can prolly find that Rogue here. They have their public ale house in North Beach SF. Maybe I'll take a stroll there sometime soon. I am never really impressed by Rogue, but I hear their bigger beers are where it's at.

As far as that Tap pic. Lot of Victory up on that wall. Where you at? Also, what was the Avery up there? The Maharajah IPA? What was the red tap between the Jager and the Hop Rod Rye (I had this on cask recently. Was much better than the regularly bottled batches)?

sierra-nevada-bigfoot-barle.gif

Big foot is pretty strong. Acquired taste.

lagunitas_sumpinextra_405.jpg

Little sumpin' extra is a limited release. Tasted good

42303.jpg

Schlitz is if your trying to get hammer drunk and dont feel like drinking camo xxxx

http://perrysliquor.com/ If youre in the bay area, hit this place up in livermore and i think they got a spot in pleasaton. All the craft beer you can imagine. the homeboy who owns its son knows whats up

I don't flick my beers but here's a stolen picture cavalcade of what my last evening included:

Weihenstephaner wheat beer. Yummy... Very refreshing, soft and easy to drink.

Weihenstephaner+Hefe+Weissbier.JPG

Franziskaner Kristallklar. Bit too similar taste to the clear lager beers that I usually drink.

This is a downside only because I tried to try something new. But very nice still.

s_franziskaner.jpg

Nice beer music.

ghosts_of_the_great_highway-sun_kil_moon_480.jpg

At one point I had a pint of sahti from Joutsa, Finland.I don't think it has any kind of a logo or a label to be put here.

Sahti was very different to the other beers I had.

Once again Erdinger. Very similar to Weihenstephaner hefe.

Apparently european weissbiers are pretty similar to each other.

erdinger-weissbier_bg.jpg

As I got drunker I lost the ability to decide.

Some dude hanging at the counter chatting with the barkeeper recommended this to me.

anchor%20liberty%20ale.jpg

Liberty Ale. Mega awesome.

I really liked the taste, I'll surely have another some day. I bet it's familiar to other oontzers as well? what do you guys think of it?

Laphroaig single malt whiskey. It resulted in headache next morning.

TWBMG.jpg

Other than that the hangover has been awesomly mellow with minimal beer shits. Headache went away quickly too....