The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'd find the Victory Prima Pils to be too hoppy for your taste, have you had the Oskar Blues Mama's little yellow pils? It sounds like you know what styles you prefer so just stick with those styles. There are so many great Saisons out there here's a good place to start:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/129

yes I've had that, comes in a can right? Too hoppy, why are my taste buds such bitches? Feels like Im drinking pine sol when I sip IPA's. I'll still drink it but I don't enjoy it. Im 30 and not a beer rookie, been to belgium and germany. I drink it way too much, props to getting IPA tattz to spite me. Thats funny

Ok so Im a pretty big beer guy though Im very picky about what I like. My favorites are belgian/german style beers. Kolsch, Leffe, pilsners, lagers, bitberger, blondes, etc. I think that about describes my tastes.

Leffe? I find it funny that you like the styles of beers mentioned, and you've been to Europe, and you list Leffe. Maybe it tastes better on tap near the source, but that stuff tastes like shit to me. I see a lot of people selling it on tap these days, I assume to hipsters, but there is way better out there to represent that genre.

i drank leffe fresh off tap in belgium a few days ago. didnt rate it before, dont rate it now. drank some struisse, st feuilliens, nocturnum (at the nocturnum village) and nabbed the last bottle of westvleteren 12 in the shop. which they werent even permitted to sell but somehow it happened.

two days later went to oktoberfest and drank more nice beer...that was just to make people jealous. my original point,

fuck leffe.

I had the Gubna last weekend, it was OK. Oskar Blues is a mediocre brewery as far as I'm concerned. I think the reason they got so much hype back in 2006/2007 was because they started distributing craft beer in cans. I'm sure they weren't the first to come up with that business model but I don't remember anybody doing that before them.

I had the Gubna last weekend, it was OK. Oskar Blues is a mediocre brewery as far as I'm concerned. I think the reason they got so much hype back in 2006/2007 was because they started distributing craft beer in cans. I'm sure they weren't the first to come up with that business model but I don't remember anybody doing that before them.

blasphemy.

oskar blues is one of my faovrite colorado breweries, canned or bottled.

dale's pale is incredible, i like the gubna, but would agree its not a miracle. ten fidy is great.

if you are ever near boulder/denver i would recommend stopping by one of their locations and trying some of their smaller batch stuff. they know whatsup.

but i won't deny the canned element is awesome. its nice to have non-glass options for backpacking and camping.

I think the reason they got so much hype back in 2006/2007 was because they started distributing craft beer in cans. I'm sure they weren't the first to come up with that business model but I don't remember anybody doing that before them.

I think they were among a small group of breweries that started canning beers around the same time, but what was more unique than being craft breweries was the use of cans that (if I remember correct) have a coating on the inside that keeps the beer taste without the can taste getting into it. Someone else can maybe confirm this.

short list…

westoek X - is. my. shit.

the collab from St. Feuillien and Green Flash called l'amitie - awesome, could be a bit on the sweet side

another collab from Allagash and De Proef called Les Deux Brasseurs - dry, super effervescence goin on

Pretty Things Jack D'or - dry with a bit of hop, maybe too much for a hop-hater

everyone loves Dupont Saison

the St Feuillien Saison is on point

there's a few - smell them, drink them, eat cheese and shit - be a boss.

_____

just back from PDX

holy hell that place kicks beer ass.

will report later.