The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Chub is a great fucking beer, had it off the tap in la.

(and would do it again)

indeed it is, I had it before on tap. Its definitely great out the can!

And for those geared towards New Belgium...I havent had one beer from them that ive liked. Not that it sucked but it was just...meh. Ill drink it but Id rather spend the same amount of money on something Ive had before.

Ok so Im a pretty big beer guy though Im very picky about what I like. My favorites are belgian/german style beers. Kolsch, Leffe, pilsners, lagers, bitberger, blondes, etc. I think that about describes my tastes. What I DO NOT enjoy are hoppy, bitter beers, Tripels, Super Strong beers etc. No thank you to IPA, Bear Republic, Sierra Nevada, hop devil, porters, stouts, etc. Thats not to say there aren't pale ale's or porters that I haven't enjoyed but I tend to shy away from them. Being the curious guy that I am I always try beers that I never have but that gets expensive to find the perfect beer that I will always love. My question to you guys is, can you recommend some good beers that fit into my taste? My favorite beer right now is the Saison from Stateside based out of Baltimore. Sooooo good

117346.jpg

most all of my beer snob friends are the same way as fist, and have no idea what to tell me/are appalled at my distaste for over hoppy beers. My good friend is a Cicerone (beer sommelier) for Specialty beverage, a local craft brew distributor in my area and he has steered me in the right direction a few times but since he has a taste for hops he sometimes gets the "good" malty pilsners and kolsch's wrong