The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lLifeLimbBottle.jpg

Drinking this now, Life and Limb by Sierra Nevada and Dogfish Head, 10.2%, not sure if anyone has posted it before. My opinion, if you like Dogfish Head you'll probably like it. I'm not a fan of theirs and will blame them for this being mediocre, as I like Sierra, and their other colabos have been decent. It's an ale brewed with birch and maple syrups, neither of which I find too detectable here in terms of their individual distinctive flavors. Maybe I taste it a little now as I try to think about it, but I've already finished off most of a 22. For being 10.2%, the taste of alcohol is fairly mellowed out though.

Packed a bit of a punch, but not feeling it. I've had other brews with maple that were better, and am def a fan of (the nonalcoholic) birch beer, which has good flavor, just didn't feel it coming through in that.

Drinking this now, I may have posted it before, might have liked it, might have hated it, but right now it's not that great.

southampton-biere-de-mars.png

Couldn't say honestly, it's been a long time since I had it. I tend to go for their Small beer in the 22 when I buy their beer these days, and usually buy the Xmas beer once in the season. It really reminded me of any of the Six Point brews, which you probably won't find much outside the New England area.

The point is that that bottle and label looks EXACTLY like Anchor Steam.

Why wouldn't the bottle and label look like anchor steam :confused:

I like the Anchor Liberty Ale, Christmas is OK and the Steam Beer is a classic in my opinion. I know I've had the Humming Ale at some point but can't really remember what it tasted like.

So I'm leaving the confines of the East Coast and heading to Astoria Oregon for the weekend, never been to that part of the US, unfortunately I'll only be there for 72 hours...can I really walk into any beer store and find Russian River beers? Any suggestions on beer bars up there? If I had it my way I'd spend the weekend in Portland but it's not gonna work out like that.

Oh and we just got this on draft, I love this beer but refuse to drink any pumpkin/spice/winter beers until it's colder outside

schlafly_pumpkin.png

pumking3.JPG

yeaaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah, was going to mention this is back around again, had my 1st of the season the other day, delish. Say this each year, but some people swear by the Dogfish which I wasn't feeling, Southern Tier all the way. I'm tempted to say though that, if I recall correctly, the Smashed Pumpkin was good last year too by Shipyard.