The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blasphemy.

oskar blues is one of my faovrite colorado breweries, canned or bottled.

dale's pale is incredible, i like the gubna, but would agree its not a miracle. ten fidy is great.

if you are ever near boulder/denver i would recommend stopping by one of their locations and trying some of their smaller batch stuff. they know whatsup.

but i won't deny the canned element is awesome. its nice to have non-glass options for backpacking and camping.

I'm not at all surprised that they're making great small batch beers but like you said unless I'm around Denver (or they have a tap take over near me) I'll probably won't get a chance to try them. I've never seen an Oskar Blues bomber or large format bottle of anything so they must not distribute that product to my market on the east coast.

I've always heard that they started their can program because of their love for camping/hiking and the whole pack in pack out mantra and that makes a lot of sense about the inner coating on the can. So many breweries are moving to cans these days, good shit.

I've always heard that they started their can program because of their love for camping/hiking and the whole pack in pack out mantra and that makes a lot of sense about the inner coating on the can. So many breweries are moving to cans these days, good shit.

Craft brew in a can =win. Perfect for tubing and most of the cans don't really look like beer cans so they make perfect "road sodas".

• Like 1

struisse is that shit. and how did you enjoy your westy?

Got my birthday coming up on the 11th and I'll be crashing at my mums place in London for a few days so I figured I'd wait until then. A hostel and a pint glass just wouldn't do the beer justice. A bit worried though it's been sloshing around in my backpack for a few weeks now, hopefully it won't change much.

Oh speaking of struisse their royal Belgian stout, black Albert, is the best stout I've ever come across. Too bad it's small quantity...

yeah - it took me a total of about 1 hr from touchdown in pdx to walk through the doors of the deschutes brewpub.

i was not disappoint.

as fist says - it was ultra cozy nh and i can see myself basically camping out in there during a winter day.

plus that shit is CHEAP. maybe it's because i live in the bay, but i found portland to be so inexpensive.

i would def be 20lbs heavier if i lived up there.