The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've got a straight edge friend that drinks NA beers and always tries to hunt down new and different ones, i've tried a few that he thought were incredible, and they were practically undrinkable. maybe with some time off your palate will forget what beer is and you can make the transition...

correct me if Im wrong but most of the mouth feel is the carbonation, the unfermented malts/sugars, and the other solids dissolved in to solution (proteins, hop oils, and yeast esters).

So, assuming that is correct, the grain bill for an N/A beer would have to be really abbreviated, plus how would you let the yeast work?

These are questions and assumptions... @protester

correct me if Im wrong but most of the mouth feel is the carbonation, the unfermented malts/sugars, and the other solids dissolved in to solution (proteins, hop oils, and yeast esters).

So, assuming that is correct, the grain bill for an N/A beer would have to be really abbreviated, plus how would you let the yeast work?

These are questions and assumptions... @protester

About to jump into a cave, but I will respond properly to this later.

Local spot had a bunch of pumpkins so I got a few diffferent ones. This now, not into it. There is a bitterness that overtakes the pumpkin/spice. Then again, a lot of you seem to like their brews where I don't. The label said it was made in NY, but was that always the case? I thought they were out of somewhere else.

pumpkinsmuttynose.jpg

Picked up a sixpack last night, not too bad but def more bitterness than the pumpkin flavor.

beer douches at the shop this afternoon yammering on about "I don't drink pumpkins with any allspice or anything in it... that ruins the squashiness of it"

fuck that. I want that shit to taste like autumn, not plants.

On a side note, anyone had the Dogfish Head Burton Baton? Oak-aged IPA, 10% ABV... they've got a few at the local spot and I'm wavering.

dogfish-head-burton-baton.jpg