:$:Tax Refund:$:

T4M*

it depends on what you claim when you fill out your w-2... if you file as SINGLE-0(dependents) they take the most out on a week to week basis. But you get more back at the end of the year. The more dependents you claim and if you file as married you get to keep more in each paycheck. If you are married or a homeowner or have a child that is a dependent then you get alot more back at tax time.

and you can always steal TURBO-TAX from walmart or somewhere, you most def wont get as much back, but at least its free.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have no clue what your talking about... but if you have even a minimum wage job that is on the books, and you made more than.. (and dont quote me on this, its just what i recall hearing) 4G's?? this past year, then you will get anywhere from $300-$1200 dollars back, depending on your total gross, what you claim, and if you own a home. The average single working american will get somewhere between $600-800. There is a cut off limit, if you go over it they subtract something like $30 for of every $1000 that you earned, off the rebate. I think it was like $95,000 and up = no refund.

Can someone get details on the moneys were supposed to be getting from the government and make a thread on it? I've heard about it but don't know if its true...... down with bush etc etc..

But quote me though because I like to be the /center of attention. (get it?! Do you fucking get it? Stupid slut.)

[/color]

I heard about this too. Its suppose to happen in June. Some about improving the economy. That lastest i heard was we are suppose to get one G or half of that.

still dont gots all the info yet.

This rebate is only a advance on your 2008 tax refund is not free money. Get ready for 2008 you will get a smaller refund or you will have to paid uncle sam more money.

For those that use a tax service like hnr or jackson hewitt you could paid for something that is free. Jackson hewiit charges $90.00 and HnR $75.00 to efile a 1040ez the irs offers the tele-file service for free you get your refund in the same amount of time.

peace

has anyone tried turbo tax software?

and if so, any luck with it?

yes

i used turbo tax for my taxes last year

it was pretty easy for me, and it has a audit alert thing

they charge you to efile though (i forgot like $30-50)

i got my refund in like a week, pretty good shit

it sucks if you pay for it though

I'm wary to e-file with a downloaded copy of turbotax. Has anyone tried it already with a torrent-ed copy? I didn't see any specific keys used when installed it so i don't think it needs to authenticate anything, but still. I just used it for a rough estimate for my taxes so far. Jackson hewitt screwed mine up last year, so i'm going to do em' my damn self, or on one of the millions of programs they have now.

• 2 years later...

W-2s Should be out by now. I already got mine.

Here is a little bit of info on whats happening this year.

Dont quote me on this, but Obama is giving out a stimulus check of $400 towards your refund. I dont know if you get more if you are married and such, but thats how much im getting.

Its sucks when you are single and have no dependents, they really kill you on your refund. I was suppose to get at least 2.5k back, instead im getting back about 1.3k, which is still good, but still.

This year, im going to be smart and send money to Mexico to two people (they said that it counts as a dependent) and get more money.

That's it, for now.

i'm sure most of you make less than $50,000 and if that's the case you can go to the irs website then to a third party, such as turbotax, and do your shit on your own for free...

second that. my hyna did mine like that, she used the IRS website and it gives a bunch of companies including turbotax that do it for free online. It's easy just put the info it asks for. you can e file and direct deposit for free and youll get your money within a week.