gun thread

@earmuffsI pocket carry. I have a pocket holster for my m&p. I have a big ass extended clip on it so I just let it hang out of my pocket where ever I go. I have a .38 special that fits real good in my pockets and thats what I carry in the winter in hoodie pouches, jacket pockets or what ever. 

I got into it with an ex cop buddy of mine when I told him this is how I roll. He was talking about how unreliable that was and how it can get hung up trying to pull it out of the pouch. I told him you act like I have to do things the "police way." I would just shoot through the pouch like

566940097_tenor(3).gif.0efc5600c1c7a939d424adaf184c1061.gif

• Like 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 7/16/2020 at 9:58 PM, the.crooked said:

I've held/shot a few with the Kydex wraps and I hated it. Honestly I'd rather not worry about considerations of what's legal and what's not given the "throw against the wall and see what sticks" format of knowing what is legal through court actions. I don't think I'm going to be shooting solely prone or sitting, so I'm pretty set on pistol grip/more features and a fixed mag.

I definitely plan on making what I can ambidextrous. Appreciate the commentary on not a single lower kit. I've decided to take some advice I've read and start with a standard trigger before upgrading later on.

My main concerns where I didn't quite trust myself were the FA, gas system, feed ramp, etc. however, I think by getting a complete upper that has no FA (would love to hear a debate about necessity or not given Stoner's own opinions about it) and assembled by the manufacturer it limits the likelihood that I can fuck something up catastrophically. I'm pretty handy and have a strong attention to detail so I trust myself to do the rest. Buffers, and BCGs seem straightforward enough.

Not too worried about scratches, etc. It's a tool that's engineered to last and withstand, not something I'm framing.

Really appreciate the thoughts and perspective.

FA goes just about unused by me. If I’m having trouble getting a rd chambered I pull back the charging handle to eject and chamber the next rd with the help of the buffer tube spring. I mostly shoot reloads and the QA can be a bit iffy on them, sometimes, causing clearance issues misdeeds and jams. toss it aside and on to the next bullet. 

Maybe some of the guys in here with tens of thousands of rds under their belt will have a different opinion, but I think you’d be fine without one. 

• 4 weeks later...

Got a very tasty dose of the anti gun bureaucracy in CA today. 

dove hunt at the end of the month so I went to get some birdshot today. Show up and thankfully they got some of what I’m looking for in stock. Know about the background check for ammo, was anticipating that

hand dude my drivers license and he asks for a second form of ID. Got my medical card, Costco card, and work ID on me, all with full name and picture of my face. 

no dice. Very short list of approved secondary ID. The only one I have on the list is a birth certificate.. which is at home. Well duck that sucks. Ok head home to get it. 

Head back to store. Got my two ID. Ready to rock. 

welp. Wouldn’t you know, my drivers license has a address on it from my last place. New license from Nov 2019, moved around New Years. Never considered updating addy on an ID that new. So my main form of ID was no good...

dude asks me to grab my car reg and insurance and come back. Aight no sweat both in the glove box in the parking lot. 

Get them, come back, third time at the counter now. 

drivers license, birth certificate, registration, proof of insurance in habd

still got turned away because the car reg has The same addy as the license. Even though the insurance card has the correct current addy and the same VIN and all my personal info... no dice. Turned away. 

all for two boxes of birdshot. 

we didn’t even begin the damn background check. Can only imagine the shit show that wouldve been

• Trash 1

22 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Im sorry for your continued loss of freedom. If it starts getting sketchy I'll over night you some birdshot via UPS if you want. @KILZ FILLZ

Thanks bro I really appreciate that

luckily a couple of guys on the hunt are from AZ and are gonna bring some shells for me

just gonna have to PayPal or Venmo them when we meet up

🍻

• Like 1

18.5 barrel, 6 shell mag extension + spring and shell carrier removed

28 Long barrel, mag tube plug, cap and standard spring installed

irony is this is the state I bought the thing in a decade ago, before I made HD and sold all those parts. Had to rebuy everything like a Fudd

bring on the bacon wrapped dove breasts baby

C1BD06F3-F040-42DC-8689-88F3AE536092.jpeg