NEW MICHAEL MOORE GETS ROWDY ON CNN

hella borred

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole world is fucked up at this stage

and i thought moore made a point about taking the people to guantanamo where the prisoners receive "top notch" medical care according to the press release, not to cuba itself

i pretty much laugh everytime i see fox news etc

bunch of fag nuts

Fuck NPR, if you wanta get depressed just listen to NPR for like 10 minutes. The BBC is somewhat sobering on the psyche but nothing like NPR. at least there's the British accent to entertain ya.

NPR is practically the closest thing to real journalism we have in America. I support indie media, but often times I can't tell if the story is biased or not, even if I support the position (or the facts support mine). If you're depressed from it, well, look around you. I don't read books or magazines or newspapers to feel something (well maybe books, but only novels). You pay attention to reliable sources so the choices you make within society and the positions you hold are informed - clearly that concept was something you fail to grasp.

Michael Moore is pissed in that interview, which I support but also wish he'd chill a bit. It seems like he isn't going to reach anyone that isn't already with him with that long ranting style, and he just perpetuates stereotypes about him. But at least he's doing something 99% of people with his celebrity won't do.

funny thing about this whole thing was that Moore did an interview with some entertainment reporter on CNN headline News about a week ago. She was try trying so hard to discredit him and certain things in the movie and failing miserably. It was kind of funny because after it became obvious that she had been directed to have a negative viewpoint on the movie Moore looked like he was doing everything he could possibly do to keep himself from stabbing her in the face.

i wish that fat fuck would have a heart attack, soon.

moore is ridiculous. he's outlandishly eccentric as a means to come across convincing. he speaks in such generalities and absolutes. he's incapable of receiving feedback. he's a shitbag, pure and simple.

i wish that fat fuck would have a heart attack, soon.

moore is ridiculous. he's outlandishly eccentric as a means to come across convincing. he speaks in such generalities and absolutes. he's incapable of receiving feedback. he's a shitbag, pure and simple.

as opposed to half-truths and gooey-gumdrop style journalism that scars my eyes with each flick of the channel?

you'd be a little pissed too if you were up against a special interest pawn to whom cater exclusively to the naive, ignorant masses. yes in the public eye tact should be used but sometimes enough is enough.

as opposed to half-truths and gooey-gumdrop style journalism that scars my eyes with each flick of the channel?

you'd be a little pissed too if you were up against a special interest pawn to whom cater exclusively to the naive, ignorant masses. yes in the public eye tact should be used but sometimes enough is enough.

you'll never see/hear me take the side of mass media, i didn't mean to give that impression. i don't own a tv with one of my main reasons being the fact that there isn't a damn thing on it worth while, esp. the news.

i also didn't say moore didn't have the right to be mad at wolf. that guy's a smug shitbag too, however, he was there for an interview regarding health care and he turned it into a 'bow to me' scenario and brought the war into it (not that the war isn;t a pertinent point of discussion [i'm a soldier, it affects me pretty seriously]). Fahrenheit 911 was not so true as he claimed over and over in the interview. bowling for columbine (i'm from colorado) was full of ludicrous bullshit. i've yet to see sicko, so i can't pass judgment on it. i just hate him...

"people who hate moore are republicans"

wow. this comment is fucking retarded. i've lived in some of the most liberal and bleeding heart-politic communities in the country (seattle, sf, boulder) and damn near everyone i know hates him. not his message, more his technique. he was bitching about gupta's review being biased, ha! the man argues with slippery slopes and absolutes incessantly.

I refer anyone bitching about his techniques to the last page for a rebutal.

what rebuttal guy? everything you said sounded like a combination of boysetsfire and anti-flag lyrics. angry punk rock w/ a bloody heart.

debate (not of the internet nature) should be intelligent, patient, smooth, and balanced (while of course being biased; opposing ideas are necessary for debate). moore offers none of these things. the man is chaotic, sensitive, and he constantly generalizes. the reason he has any "celebrity" is because he makes outlandish films. he's the yin to the fox news yang. its tragic that cnn comes across as the middleground between the two extremes. NPR and BBC aren't particularly accessible to most people (everyone's got a radio, but you know). i don't really know where to argue from here... moore is not good at arguing, speaking, or frankly anything other than riling the public for a few weeks at a time.

I am not saying he is a wonderful person or always correct. My point is at least he is pressing for the right things. People seem to get upset at him for being outlandish when thats exactly what we need right now. We need a counterbalance to things like Fox News. Radio stations like pacifica, etc are a start, but as you noted, not everyone has access (or rather doesn't pay attention) to such things.

To me, most people bitching about him is just nothing more than getting caught up in media slander over him in the first place.

My only point is that I don't care about the fact that there may be some statistical improprietites on his part. If shock value is what it takes to get these issues into peoples heads instead of bullshit talking points that most people consider as important when evaluating candidates, then by all means, be rediculous.

Again I ask this, what harm has Moore done to society in the long run? Oh he made a film about how america mishandled 9/11. Oh he made a new film about our failing healthcare system. Oh he made a movie about gun control. Yeah his lies are really hurting folks.

People act as though he has commited horrendous crimes by making his films and I just don't see why they are so pissed. In an age where recognizing everyone has an agenda and a political bent, so what if there are things that lean this far to the left. If there is going to be things like average talk radio (strong right bent) and shit rangin from fox news to cnn, then by all means have him out there "riling the public up for a few weeks."

It is better to have people engaged over the small issues of his films rather than taking the mainstream line hook bait and sinker.

But here in lies the brilliance of so many schemes to devalue his works. We are not even arguing the point of his films. And that is a shame. People are so caught up in whether or not he is absolutely one hundred percent correct on his numbers that they fail to see the forest for the trees.

These films are made to make people talk. And to become concerned and learn for themselves. If being a little rediculous helps that aim, and gets the public attention to an issue, all the better on his part of figuring out how to appeal to the general public.

People think he is being completely irrational and everything else in bitching like he did on CNN, but I bet that all this public outrage is a calculated move. Some would bitch about him being an opportunist, attention grubbing, etc. but so what. I just fail to see where it is bad that he tries to bring issues out in the open. It is trying to be a catalyst for the opening of a public dialogue on an issue, not being an end all answer on it.

that is a rebuttal.

he hasn't killed anyone. hasn't ruined someone's life. ultimately all he's done is piss some people off, breed some more conspiracy theorists, and waste a few hours of my life. however, i don't really think he's done all that much good. my comment on riling people for a few weeks is about the fact that he starts an argument that isn't really going to be finished. the nature of bureaucracy, our democracy, and of capitalism are bigger and stronger than the public.

is it better to have issues in the public eye, even if for a moment? yes, by all means. my ultimate argument (MY absolute) is that people are fucking stupid and it doesn't matter. nothing does, we're all doomed to a chaos that we will ultimately bring upon ourselves.

i'm not going to argue the content of his films, i don't want to spend that much time watching, rewatching, and then researching. i don't really care. the man is a genuine douchewagon and i'd prefer him to not exist, he does so i must abide...

that is a rebuttal.

is it better to have issues in the public eye, even if for a moment? yes, by all means. my ultimate argument (MY absolute) is that people are fucking stupid and it doesn't matter. nothing does, we're all doomed to a chaos that we will ultimately bring upon ourselves.

While I think we are in agreement, I think a slight clarification for me is in order.

Yeah, I don't think overall it matters. We are fucked. But ideals can at least slow the roll of human decline. At least enough that I don't have to hate seeing the general public. And if he can help in some respect, I am with it.

but yeah I think we understand each other.

Can anyone explain these quotes, which seem to imply a negative, from the opening report:

"Americans have shorter wait times than everyone but Germans when seeking non-emergency, elective procedures."

We are second place in non-emergency wait times? Wow, we got things working. 2nd place! So what about emergency room visits? Are we number one or even number 2? They don't say.

"...but in Canada you can be waiting a long time. A survey of 6 industrialized nations found that only Canada was WORSE than the United States when it came to waiting for a doctors appointment.

They then go to an interview talking about the Canadian system having built in delays to spread out costs. Well what the fuck are we doing than being 2nd to last place?

That opening story was shady and the above quotes show it. Watch the opening again and let me know if I'm crazy.