the un official workout thread

podrido

okay i see what your saying now, i thought what you were trying to say is that making a muscle tired, and then continuing to work it doesnt help at all. because i know thats how you get better at running, i just didnt know if it translated to lifting weights.

worked out last night, did upper body. planet fitness doesnt have a single fucking pullup bar.

shoulders are good and sore, but i felt it more in my triceps and shoulders then in my chest when i benched. wrong form?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
okay i see what your saying now, i thought what you were trying to say is that making a muscle tired, and then continuing to work it doesnt help at all. because i know thats how you get better at running, i just didnt know if it translated to lifting weights.

worked out last night, did upper body. planet fitness doesnt have a single fucking pullup bar.

shoulders are good and sore, but i felt it more in my triceps and shoulders then in my chest when i benched. wrong form?

haha...dang. no pull up bar.

you can try doing them on the smith machine. run the bar all the way up. use that as the chin up bar, bend knees and have at it. might work if you arent real tall

its not uncommon to have sore triceps and shoulders, but your chest should be sore as well. without seeing a video of you pressing i would guess you arent tucking your elbows enough. also when benching try to pull the bar apart while trying to pinch your shoulder blades together. this should put your descend on your lats. tucking will take the weight off of your shoulders but be sure to keep your elbows under the bar at all times and keep your wrist as straight as possible without it arching back (you'll thank yourself later)

watch this series :

i think its 7 or 8 parts. watch them all. great lesson

dont go for the flat back, non tight conventional press style. it might work if you are doing 15 rep sets, but if you want to start moving weight, get proper form.

i arch my back, plant my feet at a 90 degree bend at the knees, and have my hands at the right spot on the bar. i just didnt know to tuck my elbows in, nobody ever told me haha.

il probly be able to use a smith machine for the pullups, but they are always being used. i had to wait around for a bench to bench at.

ive got like 3 hours of shit to watch for this thread :lol:

il watch it all this weekend.

last open race of the season, the unofficial "county championship". boys and girls both won, first time in almost 7 years thats happened.

cut my time down to 20:55, not too shabby for only running 5 months.

GU energy gels are pretty neat, but i think the prestorm weather did more haha

today i threw 225 on the bench and repped it 5 times, i think I am going to start reppin heavier weights to gain mass.

i know 5 reps isnt shit and doesnt do shit for me, it was an experiment to see how much I can press.

I am convinced I need to do cardio every day to steadily lose weight, pretty much gave up on the atkins 2 week diet because I felt like shit

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I got CC a while back, I think of you Casek.

What do you think of Pylometrics and Crossfit? It's never been my intention to get massive, more to get strength and good cardio. Climbing is great for strength and surfing/riding does my cardio but always interested in ways to improve/sharpen up.

Both are great. I think FatRalphy did or is doing Crossfit.

Here are some places I frequent. Massive amounts of knowledge

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/

http://www.reddit.com/r/strength_training/

http://www.reddit.com/r/weightlifting/

http://bodyweightculture.com/forum/index.php

Standing Press Vids/Rippetoe

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Press_Videos

i arch my back, plant my feet at a 90 degree bend at the knees, and have my hands at the right spot on the bar. i just didnt know to tuck my elbows in, nobody ever told me haha.

il probly be able to use a smith machine for the pullups, but they are always being used. i had to wait around for a bench to bench at.

ive got like 3 hours of shit to watch for this thread :lol:

il watch it all this weekend.

i started weight training regularly a few months back. i use the smith machines at planet fitness for chest workouts, but i try to switch stuff up a bit. at the very least, i'll super set a bench press for strength training with wide gripped push ups immediately after, preferably however many i can do (maybe 35 for the first set, then drop 10 for each set after). i'll usually end that after 3 sets and finish off with one of the machine chest presses or just wide gripped pullups.

i typically never feel it in my tri's or shoulders after benching, only in my chest. the pullups might get parts of my arms sore