the un official workout thread

podrido

Man, my problem with working out is that I am tired all the time.

I wake up early in the morning (5:00)

Ride to work (4 mile ride)

Then I work and I am zoned out...sometimes my job can be stressful and when I need to work out I am just so spent that I dont

So I just ride home (another 4 miles) and sit on the couch and watch TV

I worked out last week but this week I am just to tired to do it, any suggestions?

TRY SOME CAFFEINE BRAH

AND MAYBE EAT MORE THROUGHTOUT THE DAY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
When I worked out with a weight set and bench before, it took me over an hour, and much time was spent adding and removing plates.

word with an underline

I ended up at the gym the other for the first time in quite a while for squat/leg routine and plate piling felt fucking retarded - never realized until just now how much time is spent monkeying around with plates. I feel enlightened /nosarcasm

found this summing up what i thought :

Good greif, you have no idea what you're doing. You have to resist gravity in order to build muslce and that's a fact. So, stop trying to impress people with how much weight you throw around because you're wasting your time. Try doing each rep the correct way, by making each rep count. Each rep should last about 1 solid second. Slow and controlled reps and sets are what build muscle, NOT throwing weights around.

No wonder your physique sucks so bad....

i think its better during the morning. if you work out at night, chances are within the hour your going to be asleep. if you work out in the morning, your muscles will be stretched out by the end of the day, and you wont be as sore. waking up sore sucks.

but youl be a lot more tired, which could lead to better sleeping?

i dont know, i run at 4pm every day. im not too tired after practice, but workout days im not doing shit once i sit down in my computer chair. so i guess it depends on the intensity of your workout

i didnt even think of that, now i remember one day when i woke up, ate a light breakfast and waited about 30 minutes and tried to run 8 miles. ended up doing 5, barely.

casek, you got any literature in your archives on weight training to benefit distance runners? lookin to mix it up and design my own routine once the season ends in november

yeah man, i know a few "Routines".

you can find yourself a pretty long hill, measure out 200 meters and sprint that 200 meters in under 45 seconds, then jog back down as slow as you want (dont walk), turn around and repeat. do this for 9-11 minutes without stopping your run once and then do a ten minute cool down jog and your good to go.

if your running on a track, do 200's and then walk the rest of the lap.

a good routine is a 200 at 41 seconds, walk the rest of the lap, a 200 at 38 seconds, walk, another at 35, walk, a 200 at as fast as you can go and then rest (rest as in sit down or something) for 2 minutes, and repeat everything. 10 minute cooldown before and after.

and a good one to train specifically for racing is to set out on a regular jog (whatever mileage your working steady on at the moment) and go out for about 10 (assuming your running more then 4 miles, this works good with 6-8 miles) then start doing one minute at race pace (60-80 percent your sprint speed) and then one minute at your jog pace, repeat till you get home.

lastly, a watch with a timer is critical to anyone who gives a shit about running and getting better at running.

or were you asking if ive tried them as a workout because i just asked for literature on workouts for runners?

edit: heres a crazy intense workout, but i cant remember what the target times should be, but basically its a 25 minute jog out to a grass park, run 1000 meters at race pace, rest for 2 minutes, run another, rest for 2, and run the last one faster then you did the previous two. then jog home.

yeah i was thinking a shitload of calf raises, and whatever calf excersizes there are out there (are there??). calves are like my "reserve" muscle for the sprint at the end, cus i dont use them that much when running because i run pretty heavy on my heel, which makes me loud as fuck when i run haha.

squats for sure, i need to start using this gym membership properly

thanks man, il ask some runners way better then me and see what they have to say.

also, any of yall tried Spirolina? its like this algea shit thats super easy to digest (they give it to people with teh aidz) and has an insane amount of protein in it?

it tastes like complete ass, but it is pretty filling. not gonna lie. it can be found in health stores, because it supposedly has like no chemicals, no gmo's, no gluten etc etc

yeah i was thinking a shitload of calf raises, and whatever calf excersizes there are out there (are there??). calves are like my "reserve" muscle for the sprint at the end, cus i dont use them that much when running because i run pretty heavy on my heel, which makes me loud as fuck when i run haha.

squats for sure, i need to start using this gym membership properly

there's an exercise you can do with cables/resistance bands for the muscles in your shins but i forgot what it's called.

you sit down with one leg in front of you parallel to the floor, and get somebody to hook one end of the resistance band around your toes/foot and pull away from you while you use your foot bending at your ankle to pull the band towards you. think opposite of a calf raise. when i used to run long distances and i got shin splints this doctor who worked out at my gym showed me that and after a week or two no more shin splints.

and supposedly, when you're sitting down, use your foot to trace out the ABC'S on the ground over and over again until it starts to burn a little. uses the same muscles. don't let you knee move on either of these exercises.