the un official workout thread

podrido

this should be on the other thread, but the competition aspect of it made me change my mind and put it here instead.

WSG2010slider690x360.jpg?1284604526

http://www.grapplersquest.com/events/2010-world-series-grappling

your boy is going to be competing. im not worried about techniques, but I AM worried about me getting tired like a punk bitch halfway through.

so most of my workouts will consists of cardio, cardio, lift, and cardio. any tips would be appreciated.

wish me luck, GAIZ.

edit:: ..... BUTTERFLIES, NIGGA.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck forearm rollers. i did that shit all day in middle school till my forearms were bigger then my skinny ass bicepts and everyone just thought i masturbated, a LOT :lol:

did really good in my first 8k sunday, 15th overall and first in my age bracket, fuck triathletes. (almost everyone who beat me was wearing a shirt/jersey relating to a triathlon haha)

it was about 56 out and windy as hell, didnt prepare for this so i showed up to the race in a t shirt and my running shorts. froze my ass off for the hour long wait/warmup, teeth were chattering at the start. freezing for the first mile and a half, then i started to sweat buckets.

a person holding out a cup and yelling out water gave me a cup full of blue fucking gatorade which i didnt catch till it was up to my face so i tried to throw it away without getting any in my mouth, got it allllllllll over my arms face and chest which was all sticky for the rest of the race.

picked off about 5 people from mile 3 to 4.5, passed 2 people on the first steepass climb, passed one on the last steep climb (it was about .2 miles from the finish, which sucked) and the straightaway leading up to the finish was a gradual climb spread out over about 200 yards, started sprinting at the base, caught the person infront of me off guard and passed him, caught up to a group of 3 runners who were about to start their sprint, passed them and sprinted through the finish.

so basically, sprint intervals and hill workouts won me my top 15 spot.

• Like 1

good forearm strength and grip are important.

i need to work on both...i currently use wrist straps for heavy lifting, and i need to get around to reading that grip book casek posted a while back.

That book is so ill. Old school strength training has caught my interest in the past few months and that book is golden.

yes sir.

but im sure theres some technical stuff that someone who doesnt run could tell you, like something about how fat is mostly water, idk.

but yes, running with a sweatshirt makes you sweat a LOT more, which will show up as more weight loss on the scale.

same principle behind celebs running in trashbag suits on a treadmill with the heater all the way up.

dont see how that would help any....

i generally move the arms in an out between sets, sometimes hands touching etc. that works different muscles.

got back from the gym, 30 minutes on stair climber I burn about 500 cal.

i have also been keeping a single curl weight with me when i play ps3 or surf teh oontz.....sets in between really add up

i was thinking forearm wise, cus it takes forearm/hand muscle to keep your fist closed when you apply all the pressure to your knuckles.

and if you get rid of your television youl meet whatever goal youve set for your self, if i got rid of my computer too id be a superhuman flashgordon/hulk because id have nothing better to then listen to municipal waste and belt out pushup reps.

Duct taping a rag around your dumbbell or barbell grips to make it fatter will increase your forearm/grip strength pretty damn quickly.

I've heard about this. I was considering this solution or some of the fat grips that you can buy. Personally, I like the wrist roller and picking up free weights by the end and holding them for a 45 second count.

same principle behind celebs running in trashbag suits on a treadmill with the heater all the way up.

Yeah man, from my personal fat-loss experience, I realized that first you lose all of the 'surface' water weight, and once you do it long enough, you'll actually lose some fat in the middle of your workout and/or after it when you're sleeping (catabolic state). This is why its recommend that you dont eat before you sleep, that way once you step on the scale right after you wake up, your water weight and some of the fat that you've lost will be gone and your actual 'healthy' weight will show up.

As an ex high school fat-ass. Its a double-edged sword, you WILL lose weight, but you have a good chance of gaining some of it the next month (this is where eating 6 small healthy meals comes into play, it keeps your metabolism up and running so it'll break down a lot of shit), so you gotta be consistent with it.

Just my personal input, hope this helped.

and Urotsukidōji, yeah I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (I dont know why I feel like a br0 saying that).

• Like 1