Did You get Beat ????

Mainter Digerati

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tesseract@Feb 26 2006, 08:00 AM

So, no, i wasnt beaten at all. Still my parents mastered the guilt card so well they didnt even have to lay hands on me, i was always aware of the 'i'm so disapointed in you' look...

I think this is a Greek thing

Your not the first Greek person I've come across to say something along these lines

Originally posted by Lonesome Cowboy Bill@Feb 26 2006, 03:44 AM

I was beaten severly as a kid...Irish Catholic drug/booze home...prob be called child abuse now...oh well.. I have no complaints. It's made me the selfish, narricissitic cold person who has difficulty entering in and maintaining any meaniningful relationships or freindships, that I am today.

Thanks mom, lol

wow you just summed it up right there. pretty much my childhood. no regrets

It's 4 pm. Time for your ass whoopin'. Then it got to the point where I did what I wanted anyhow. Pops used all the methods but 5 across the eyes was the specialty. Mom only hit me 3 times in my whole life and I still have a healthy fear of her.

Originally posted by sarcasm@Feb 26 2006, 03:09 AM

yeah i've gotten beaten. gosh, i mean i tried to get that A+, but damn dad, can't you just be happy w/ that 95%? sheeze...

Story of my childhood, as well.

I would get a hot spatula, sitting on the stove element, pressed against my skin if I couldn't answer the three hundredth math question my mom asked me since after school right. That's just one form of punishment - there were tons.

People who didn't get beat - wow, consider yourselves lilly white and lucky.

as some people have said.... i wouldn't change anything about me getting smacked...

and i think it's healthy for a kid to get smacked around, just in a healthy moderation. some kids today think they're king of the world.... and kids are just spoiled who need a good ass beating

Originally posted by foneiz2@Feb 26 2006, 07:37 AM

he was like wtf grandma

this shit was so funny to me.

My mom used to pinch the shit out of me, which sounds pretty wussy, but at the time hurt incredibly bad. My dad would take his belt off and snap that shit real loud in front of our faces, and if he counted to three before we did whatever he was demanding we do, we would get spanked or pinched.

When I was younger my mom would beat the shit out of me on a pretty regular basis, for no reason at all besides the fact that she's a crazy bitch...now that I'm almost 18 she tries to hit me and I laugh at her

My dad will put a serious ass whoopin on me like once or twice a year, and I usually deserve it...dude's a monster, only man to ever knock me off my feet

Research has shown there are little to no benefits to physical punishment, despite what you might think, or what your personal experience may have been. This is much of the reason why physical punishment is reportable (anything besides an open handed spanking here in CA). In fact, violence begets violence. There are much more effective ways of dealing with behavior problems. It's unfortunate that so many of you have experienced violence at home.

Originally posted by Tesseract@Feb 26 2006, 03:00 AM

First time my pops slapped me for being stupid, i waited for half an hour then spotted him doing the dishes run in the kitchen, kicked him in the ass with all the power i had and yelled 'hey mister, if you lay hands on me, expect retaliation' i was 8 or so. Last time my mom slapped me i was like 25, i laughed so hard i thought i'd die.

So, no, i wasnt beaten at all. Still my parents mastered the guilt card so well they didnt even have to lay hands on me, i was always aware of the 'i'm so disapointed in you' look...

ohh man that guilty shit sucks id rather get my ass whooped 5 times then go through that shit...my mom has a degree in that shit...dammm...adn bout the other shit my parents are psusies my mom slaps a little but it dont hurt at all and she gets mad that it dont and my dads smaller than me so i just beat his ass right back if he touched me

but my bro...damn when i was little he used to fuck me up...one time i was playing videogames with him i won andhe punched me full out the temple fuckin bleeding out my head...another time he smashed me through a goddamn glass door...nowadays he lanky i could probly fuck him up in a serious fight

Originally posted by the A squad@Feb 26 2006, 07:40 PM

yeahh and i hate it when people say "ohh thats normal though, my families crazy too" .......which is bullshit because theyre all happy little white kids from the suburbs with great parents. When they were kids, theyd get time outs. I would get chased with sharp objects.

So so true.

My dad liked to spank. A lot.

And yell.

Mom enjoyed taking off her slipper.

Hit dad when I got tired of his shit.

Ran from mom.