I wanna see your...........PETS!

Zack Morris

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, ndv said:

Sorry to hear this.

Thanks man. It’s my niece’s cat, she just turned 6 and found the cat when she was 3. She doesn’t know yet. Super upsetting.

Recently rescued an adult female leopard gecko, her names Milo. Was feeding her crickets for a few rounds but just switched to dubia roaches. She tears em up. I post feeding her on my socials sometimes and everyone is always asking what the white power I dust the bugz with is, I just say it’s cocaine. 

The average lifespan of a leopard gecko is around 14 years. So hopefully I can get close to that. I take pride in taking care of my animals, and obviously my kid. They come first.  I’ll get a video of her eating soon and post it. 

I have a raised garden bed made out of like corrugated metal, it’s painted a canvas green color. The veggies are doing well but I’m deleting it (cause I can’t stand the damn mosquitoes) once they’re done and bringing it inside and either going to use it as an open top terrarium for her, or get a small tortoise. Would be nice to get the gecko tank off the dresser it’s on and open some space for some fish. Her neighbor is a hamster haha. Will probably take the gecko tank and either fabricate a spray foam custom cave system , or just go full Bioactive with it with real dirt and small organisms such as rolly-pollies and spring tails to keep up with her poop and stuff. 50/50 sand and dirt mix so she can burrow. 

Also fortunately yet unfortunately will be rescuing 2 male guinea pigs within the next few days. Not sure how long I’ll keep them considering I also have a kitten I have been waiting to get from my friend who happens to be blind. His daughter finally came to see him after 6 years and brought him a 6mo old cat. It had one kitten. lol. So I named it Minion. My kid asks me everyday if “my baby kitty can come home yet” 

So I’ll be up to, a dog, a “baby hamsmer”, a gecko, then 2 lil piggies and a kitty. Also if you count the 3 worms in the dirt of the garden bed left over from a fishing trip my kid and I took. 

sorry for the long read I’ve been passionate about critter keeping and all animals in general since I was a kid so I need out on the shits.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IdleHandz said:

Recently rescued an adult female leopard gecko, her names Milo. Was feeding her crickets for a few rounds but just switched to dubia roaches. She tears em up. I post feeding her on my socials sometimes and everyone is always asking what the white power I dust the bugz with is, I just say it’s cocaine. 

The average lifespan of a leopard gecko is around 14 years. So hopefully I can get close to that. I take pride in taking care of my animals, and obviously my kid. They come first.  I’ll get a video of her eating soon and post it. 

I have a raised garden bed made out of like corrugated metal, it’s painted a canvas green color. The veggies are doing well but I’m deleting it (cause I can’t stand the damn mosquitoes) once they’re done and bringing it inside and either going to use it as an open top terrarium for her, or get a small tortoise. Would be nice to get the gecko tank off the dresser it’s on and open some space for some fish. Her neighbor is a hamster haha. Will probably take the gecko tank and either fabricate a spray foam custom cave system , or just go full Bioactive with it with real dirt and small organisms such as rolly-pollies and spring tails to keep up with her poop and stuff. 50/50 sand and dirt mix so she can burrow. 

Also fortunately yet unfortunately will be rescuing 2 male guinea pigs within the next few days. Not sure how long I’ll keep them considering I also have a kitten I have been waiting to get from my friend who happens to be blind. His daughter finally came to see him after 6 years and brought him a 6mo old cat. It had one kitten. lol. So I named it Minion. My kid asks me everyday if “my baby kitty can come home yet” 

So I’ll be up to, a dog, a “baby hamsmer”, a gecko, then 2 lil piggies and a kitty. Also if you count the 3 worms in the dirt of the garden bed left over from a fishing trip my kid and I took. 

sorry for the long read I’ve been passionate about critter keeping and all animals in general since I was a kid so I need out on the shits.

@T4M*posted the cocaine buys in another thread recently during a lizard feeding session. I had never seen that before.

• LOL! 1

17 minutes ago, LUGR said:

@T4M*posted the cocaine buys in another thread recently during a lizard feeding session. I had never seen that before.

Yeah calcium powder. Gotta give it to them or their bones will like shrivel and they walk funny. She was like that when I got her and very skinny too. Doing good now tho. There’s drops for the water dish too so she bounced back pretty fast. 

they shed like every 3 or 4 days and they eat their sheds. Wild. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, IdleHandz said:

Yeah calcium powder. Gotta give it to them or their bones will like shrivel and they walk funny. She was like that when I got her and very skinny too. Doing good now tho. There’s drops for the water dish too so she bounced back pretty fast. 

they shed like every 3 or 4 days and they eat their sheds. Wild. 

How do they get it in nature? From the bones of animals they eat?

26 minutes ago, LUGR said:

How do they get it in nature? From the bones of animals they eat?

Bingo. Then natural sunlight helps regulate their calcium levels as well. The UV is really important. So some reptile keepers will have a heat lamp as well as UV; although I have read that a UV bulb isnt necessary sometimes if you have them on a set diet. 

Shorty was already 5 smacks deep. Left 3 behind. Wasteful bitch. 

anyone wondering why she in the screw box, most reptiles need to be fed outside of their enclosures due to the fact they can ingest the bedding/substrate and it get stuck in their digestive tract causing an impaction blockage and death. Plus if you feed them in their tank they’re used to hearing it open and you go to handle or pick them up and you get bit. 

• Like 1