Dave Chappelle Walks Off Stage In Sacramento

2 blaazed

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

anyone see that episode of the realworld where the dude got put in a holding cell for the night and he calls the next morning screaming "I'm locked up bitch" "Come bail me out bitch" all very dave chapelle esque, that shit was funny

Originally posted by im not witty

Shouts continued to interrupt Chappelle's routine until he stopped to give a lecture on "how comedy usually works: I say something. You mull it over and decide whether you want to laugh or not, and then you do or not. Then I say something else, and you think about that. "

hahaha thats fucking funny

i thought the same friggin thing.......

chappelle is dope. dude does an incredible job of broaching race issues in a way that are both hillarious and intelligent. he is chris rock, before chris rock got bougie and stopped being really funny.

i'm dave down all day long.

plus, last i heard, instead of buying some big ass house in la, he bought a bunch of property in fucking ohio, and lived in the middle of no where. that's awesome.

people who haven't followed dave chappelle's career all the way through are stuck on the famous one-liners from his show; my co-workers are the same way; they just got hip to chappelle; calling out 'i'm rick james bitch' or 'whhhat' all the time, dragging and stretching it out til it's beyond annoying...i don't blame him for walking out; i would've done the same thing if people kept interrupting me...

Originally posted by 8onus

the fact that he said "sell crack" to students in a dc school cracks me up.

Haha. No shit i was thinkin the same damn thing. But then again i had a public speaker come in to talk to us about drinking and driving. He was paralyzed from the waist down and all he really kept talkin about was how much he missed pussy.

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED

"You people are stupid."

HaWHAAAT?

"shut up and listen - like you're supposed to."

haWHAAAT?

"I'm Rick James ..." and ends with the b-word.

OHHHHHH KAAAAAAAAY!

"The show is ruining my life,"

YEAAAAAAAAH!

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED

Chappelle is the creator and star of the No. 1-rated show on Comedy Central. It's that fame that helped the comic sell out the nearly 4,000-seat Memorial Auditorium weeks in advance of the show.

well what did he think, it was a bunch of people going to see him because they liked his stand up, or they liked his show? chappelle got served.

Re: Re: Dave Chappelle Walks Off Stage In Sacramento

Originally posted by KYU

well what did he think, it was a bunch of people going to see him because they liked his stand up, or they liked his show? chappelle got served.

Well, they made the assumption that they were

one and they same...which Dave pointed out

to them that they weren't, still respecting them,

they still acted like jackasses, not even trying

to enjoy the show. So he fuckin left with their

money, and hopefully, their dignity.

Thumbs up Dave!

Originally posted by onesecondple

blah blah blah, race this, my people held back, black this, didnt get to that, shut the hell up chapelle, understand you are appreciated. You sold out a show, so fuck off about if they listened or not. Dont do the show if you are that pissed off. He is not going to stop doin the show cuz of the money. He is a fucktard, always has been in my opinion, actually, this rant made no sense, but fuck him, you are appreciated, accept it...

THIS COMMENT SHOWS YOU DIDNT READ THE ARTICLE !!!!

LOOK AGAIN !!!!!

Chappelle said race relations are at such a low point in America that, "You can't say anything real when it comes to race. That's why Bill Cosby's in such trouble for saying black folks have got to take responsibility for their own lives.

"I spoke at my high school last week," he said, "and I told them, 'You've got to focus. Stop blaming white people for your problems.' "

He then added, sarcastically, " 'Learn to play basketball, tell jokes or sell crack. That's the only way I've seen people get out.' "

Originally posted by slave_one

people who haven't followed dave chappelle's career all the way through are stuck on the famous one-liners from his show; my co-workers are the same way; they just got hip to chappelle; calling out 'i'm rick james bitch' or 'whhhat' all the time, dragging and stretching it out til it's beyond annoying...i don't blame him for walking out; i would've done the same thing if people kept interrupting me...

Yeah those people just caught on to Chappelle like he's Mr. Trendy Famous Comedian Guy; your comedic poster boy for whom you're supposed to "laugh at". I remember Dave Chapelle from the early-mid 90's when he was just another stand-up comedian on Def Comedy Jam. Never knew he would blow up like this. And from what the article said, Chapelle didn't think he'd blow up like this either. He's just now feeling the effects of being famous and having a trendy bandwagoning fan base. Maybe he should take a break from the show and start passing the hat at the Venice Beach boardwalk while telling jokes to maintain his street cred... nah just playin.

I really like Dave Chappelle. He's a good comedian, and I can completely understand where he's coming from by getting pissed like that. Some drunkass was probably in the audience, you know how Sacromentoians are, sayin that rick james shit over and over. I woulda pulled a tomatoe out of my pocket and nailed that fucker in the audience if I was Dave. And I don't miss.

Gnome thats probably exactly what people were doing when he told them to shut up.

I dont blame the guy at all for walking, shit, his stand up is completely different than that show.

As far as his comedy going pop? It went pop right when he stopped doing opening routines at Comedy Clubs.

:D

Archived