Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/16/2024 in all sections

1. 6 points
  2. I just peeped mine recently too - bro 60% of my monthly goes to interest. Wild. Simply by increasing what you pay monthly ie. paying more than the amount due will save you crazy amounts over the lifetime of the loan. My current monthly is 3,260 - if I pay 3,510 a month I save 45k over the loan. These are the fine points heads need to understand and seem intuitive but like anything you need to put work in to make it work for you. Once my money gets stronger I will be able to increase my additional payment significantly.
    4 points
  3. sitting down to a quick bite at an old out-of-town diner.
    4 points
  4. Doesn't look like I can. Perhaps his account was deleted?
    3 points
  5. I rmemeber me and my roomate at the time were reflecting on the 12oz talk of Bitcoin - I swear to god I think I said "Thats hella dumb - I can just buy a fucking pizza." At the time I dont even think I understood the concept. Crypro has been a good return for me but I have only invested the last two years and even then secondary to stock- meanwhile I lost 20k in the market that had I invested in crypto would have been solid.
    3 points
  6. Blue Bottle /hipsteroner
    3 points
  7. That’s a huge accomplishment, congratulations man! I know how hard this to do, so pretty huge for you to not just think or talk about it, but get it done. Best of luck as you continue. @ndv I could potentially stock it on the online store but I can’t print it. I actually just finished a book recently on an entirely other subject from graff, but I printed in Croatia. I don’t own offset printing presses and getting stuff like that done is already prohibitively expensive off shore and near impossible domestically. If people wanted to t-shirts or stickers, that’s a different story.
    3 points
  8. Yooooo LUGR... got sent a notification. I'm in New Mexico these days. Hope you're good!
    3 points
  9. This guy got away from me. My peel was too small but we made do. Sweet peps + jalapeño
    3 points
  10. The proof finally came back from the printer. Little bit of adjustment to a few pics required
    3 points
  11. No. I’m waiting till Tuesday when my kid gets back from Japan. I told him I’d wait.
    2 points
  12. https://www.instagram.com/p/C4lNEsoOqND/?igsh=MWNpdjExYm40NWxnaw==
    2 points
  13. $2.85 or so the other day ago. 7-11 price no discounts. Coastal Virginia.
    2 points
  14. I like this one pretty well for an easy to digest overview. https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/cambridge-analytica-controversy/
    2 points
  15. Oof! You have to be in either California or Alaska right? I think last I filled up, regular was around $3.49. Northwest Montana.
    2 points
  16. Just planted a new habanero. Got a Birds Eye/Thai chili that popped up from a seed of a dropped chili in the spot I had that plant last year.
    2 points
  17. You better not let osha see this or the only spinning you'll be doing is community service tutorials.
    2 points
  18. We can all have different beliefs and get along and have a good time. I do that IRL all the time. From my perspective, those dudes were not capable of doing that, instigated a lot of shit and were falling off the deep end. I probably missed some of the details on it all…..but that was a strange time for this place and definitely soured quite a few quality users from returning to this day.
    2 points
  19. @misteravenI think about that probably a bit too much and try not to. One thing I consider is the lottery winner effect. When someone comes into a fuck ton of money like winning the lottery, they're usually broke again shortly after. They think 2 million, well I get a million dollar mansion, then 500k in cars, and then... When someone builds the discipline to save up, work hard, and make sacrifices to gain actual net worth, rather than income it's a different story. They're less impulsive, the money seem to stretch longer and from an outside perspective it's not as life changing. That's why it's such a bummer seeing a well off person win the lottery. You're like "what are you going to buy?" They answer with some super responsible boring shit like "set up a trust fund, for my grandkids, maybe build an addition on the house for my MIL or something." Half of these people don't even quit their jobs. I can only speak for myself, but if I'd have been that well off during the 2014 halvening when BTC first hit $1000, chances are I'd be in a worse position now. Granted, I would have had dope whips, dookie rope chains (always hated herringbone) and some obscure sneakers most people couldn't afford to even look at. All this to say, I've slept on financial responsibility my entire life up until about 2016, and I wish I had been more responsible much sooner. I'd be retired, instead of just slightly retarded.
    2 points
  20. Probably the best coffee / espresso I’ve ever had. Been to lots of coffee shops everywhere and this place consistently delivers the best product. Though draft lattes at some of the spots I went to on my last NYC trip were epic as well. Surprised there’s no dedicated coffee / espresso appreciation thread on here considering the popularity of the pizza appreciation thread.
    2 points
  21. BITCOIN. Somewhere on here is a thread where all of us dummies are arguing whether it’s worth $1 since it just got that as an all time high. I remember at around that time talking to @psm026 and @Mercer about maybe setting up some of our studio desktops to mine BTC instead of searching for extra terrestrial life. I think of how effectively we used to mobilize to fuck with other sites. It’s a huge regret of mine that as a group, we didn’t all jump into BTC when all of that was happening. We had / have a similar outlook and mindset as the pioneers of cryptocurrency and blockchains and it’s honestly as much about dumb lack of luck and chance that we never rallied around it. A good many of us would be millionaires right now and with all the resources I’ve had available back then and the years since, could have easily been sitting on stacks deep enough to be a billionaire today. Anyhow, slept on it for far too long and appreciate how far reaching an impact cryptocurrency and blockchain will ultimately have on humanity.
    2 points
  22. Not me. I stay doing the most behind closed doors. Even if it's just these people's parents wanna drop by and meet their new friends aunt and uncle I'm not really cool with that. House maybe smelling louder than a reggae concert. I open the door and maybe there is just a pile of guns in the middle of the floor somewhere.
    2 points
  23. @fat ralphyshit is completely wild these days. I had one of my nieces come up to me a few months ago and was like "hey what's your address?" After a bunch of "what are you hiding and why do you care what my address is," she dropped it and I didn't hear anything else about it for a few more weeks until they came back to spend the night again. Turns out they have a little friend that lives in my neighborhood. A friend they made on discord. I was like yo. You cant just give random strangers my address that you've never met in person before. You have no idea who these fucking people are. I don't know if they are just growing up in a different climate than I did, but where I used to live, if some one ran up to you bleeding asking if they could come inside to use the phone, you told that bleeding motherfucker "the phones cut off, try some one else."
    2 points
  24. You mean like some kind of perverted nesting doll? I may be prohomo but there's no bussy to be found here. Whatever happened to mangina? #mangina
    2 points
  25. Most of the content people put out on social media is so fucking fake. That said I think for graffiti content and some creative content it is probably a crucial avenue. The fucking mind games that are involved in the social media corps are no joke - the suggested adverts, the content skewed certain ways etc I know a dude who had been looking up things about relationship issues and trust etc all of a sudden tik tok is showing those videos were they run phone checks on a couple and there is cheating or guides on how to check deleted messages etc. That shit is probably not a coincidence and is wild unhealthy. This whole til tok shit going on - while I so not support government regulation of free speech at all, this is for sure for sure a gray area that should be scrutinized Related note p-p-power post, I have a 7th grader and they are not allowed any social media. Fuck that.
    2 points
  26. I had been also but recently rejoined IG. Just to mainly reconnect with friends I lost contact with when I got off social media. It definitely did the trick. Not to psyched to post much on it though. Haven’t messed with the “reels” which seem to be all the hype. It definitely becomes a bit of a media overload on IG and find myself mindlessly scrolling again.
    2 points
  27. Fuk dude in the yellow hoodie…sucker punched old dude then kicked him when he was down and dang near incited a mob beat down. Old dude probably just wanted to get some peace and quiet but the side show hooligans gotta act a fool and get too fast 2 furious every night.
    2 points
  28. Been social media free for like 7 years now - feels good man.
    2 points
  29. VID_95740415_153954_341.mp4
    2 points
  30. Saw a pay phone on Wednesday. No dial tone but it’s still there
    2 points
  31. Showed up for the dogs at LA city hall meeting. Kazu Nori My children
    2 points
  32. People who bump old pron threads without new material should get week long bans, @misteraven I'm looking st you, lol.
    2 points
  33. 2 points
  34. rapidsave.com_indians_dont_joke-sul1tu05xknc1.mp4 A classic
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00