Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/21/2010 in all sections

1. Is awesome, every one have a great day. Cant believe I couldn't get this day off, those slave drivers.
    2 points
  2. 4/20 with Devin The Dude my fav shot of the night:
    2 points
  3. I can kind of agree to that actually, but let's go back to the part where I said that I don't hold law abiding women to any kind of "code of the streets", shall we? Again, I'm a grown man and what my mother does has nothing to do with me. Again, you know that, and aren't retarded, but you're acting like it for LULZ. Your mom fucks men (I'd assume)...does that make you a faggot?
    2 points
  4. i would love to stick my oar in pocahontas's canoe... then wave it aboot like i was trying to paddle upstream... fuck sake i'm pished...
    2 points
  5. muhammad will not be televised!
    2 points
  6. Re: **2010 PHOTO HUNT THREAD BITCHES** Your last date? I kid..
    2 points
  7. i came in second last year. your going down
    2 points
  8. I used to think similarly that these kinds of films are valuable in that they broaden the spectrum of opinion available to people, which this might have a stimulating effect on people who did not feel engaged by more mainstream theory. Though, since then I have come to rethink this opinion because I have begun to observe a 'conspiracy generation' emerging who rather than question the theories presented, or do critical(!) research to establish their own opinion, tend towards a wholesale belief in everything stated. I recognise that this kind of blind acceptance will be a natural response by many people who have not learnt, or perhaps have no interest in learning, to critically analyse information. This is unfortunate but unarguable. Yet, I am concerned that these films actively promote this by encouraging paranoia, which is virtually an antithesis of rational thought, thereby further removing the ability to think critically about the content. Or even worse yet, the ability to think critically about any further information on a related topic. Another element that I think should be recognised is related to the medium itself. It is much easier to maintain attention for a longer period of time if a message is coupled with images and sounds. This much is fairly straight forward and is easily demonstrated by the popularity of tv news compared to printed newspapers. I also think there is a huge amount of positive scope for film makers to engage viewers on more deeply theoretical topics than we are used to at the moment. Although I believe a further difficulty with this medium is that it lends itself to a sort of bombardment of fast paced statements. I see this as leading to a kind of processing overload, where the viewer cannot possibly critically assess the statements fast enough to keep pace with the argument. The result of this is that it becomes more difficult to identify the questionable statements or bad evidence, in a way that is not found when reading a book. For the people who have complained that I (and others) haven’t watched past the first 15 minutes of the film. I would suggest that it has a lot to with being able to identify the standard that the film sets within this timeframe. For example, if in the first 15 minutes of the film, the film maker is willing to repeatedly make very dubious connections between quotes that I recognise as taken out of context from their intended meaning, then this indicates to me that this theme will be repeated through the rest of the film. It also indicates to me that the film is based on heavily manipulated research, and that the film maker is comfortable dishonestly misrepresenting the quote in order to make it fit the overall argument. When I (and I assume others) say I do not need to see further than the 15minute mark to establish that the film is largely farcical, I am not suggesting that there is no valid content in it what so ever. I am, however, saying that if the film maker wants to be taken seriously they have to present their argument in a far more credible package to even warrant a serious review. This is why you will not find much mainstream content commenting on these films, other than some study on their wider implications rather than on their actual arguments. Shai; I think I am fairly generous in my low level of scepticism towards the people that have made this film, or Zeitgeist etc, in relation to a profit motive. I think in some more established cases, Alex Jones for example, there is an element of a profit motive, but for the most part I see the creators of these films genuinely believing the message that they are spreading. Unfortunately I see them as having a highly distorted worldview themselves. Zig; My opinion is not a matter of elitism at all. It is as stated above about credibility. If you want to present a compelling argument for the existence of a secret society that are close to securing their position of eternal rulers of the world, then please do it. So long as it is fairly concise and the difference between opinion and fact is well delineated, then I am sure a lot of the people who have refused to watch the film would be much happier to review and debate your argument. In relation to the background theme of the film. If I am sufficiently motivated in the next few weeks I will make a thread discussing cosmopolitanism, its basis in liberalist thought, and it's various detractors. It might help to shed light on why some international political actors would want to volunteer away elements of sovereign power to an international organisation like the UN. Peace out motherfuckers..its been real!
    2 points
  9. 2 points
  10. http://usershare.net/fvlpzdw4dul3
    2 points
  11. they were skinny.
    2 points
  12. Kenny Fucking Powers is the man.. East Bound and Down, all day!
    1 point
  13. Re: Shit you Hate Appreciation thread.......................... when you smack your girlfriend and you bruise your hand.
    1 point
  14. Re: **2010 PHOTO HUNT THREAD BITCHES** haha they have cookies named tagalongs and have a filipino girl at the front of the box the shortbread cookies are like crack though real shit!
    1 point
  15. That gif is epic! ........................................ Urijah Faber talks WEC 48 ............................................ Thoughts on Faber? I can't stand him. Discuss.
    1 point
  16. Have you ever met a white person from Boston? Everyone claims to have an uncle that worked for him, knew him, or has an aunt that blew him. He's spotted every couple of months and he makes the nightly news here, but thats been going on for as long as I can remember. Nicholson's character in The Departed doesn't have a a brother in public office and he doesn't play the FBI for fools. The only thing Whitey and Nicholson have in common is that they are old white guys involved in organized crime. So "Based on," is used rather liberally.
    1 point
  17. It's the Rules of engagement; if your involved in drugs or gangs and you get shot, even completely fucked up you dont snitch. However, if your a law abiding victim of a violent crime, then underworld codes dont really apply. Tate wasn't a civilian, nd he took the proper road out. I had a friend who got arrested last month and couldnt face up to the time he'd have to do..so he snitched. Now 2 of my other friends are getting ready to go in, and that 1st "friend" is in the wind somewhere. Hahah it's kinda sad cause my circle of friends is a little depleted these days. Anyway, in this particular scenario, the crimes in question were all drug crimes, and its infuriating that someone would snitch if they got caught selling. More so than the murder stuff, cause all sorts of things escalate into THAT, but if your selling a Narcotic you must know your gonna get caught EVENTUALLY. Thats the case then mentally prepare yourself or whatever the fuck u gotta, or just dont do the dirt. If i could see that person again, i think id ask him how he thought his little story was going to end.
    1 point
  18. Scheffler to Lions Jason Taylor to jets mcnabb wants T.O. in Washington????!
    1 point
  19. 1 point
  20. I wonder if they would pay you that $2mill all up front, and if it gets taxed since its coming from the government? Also, would they provide people with that witness protection b/s? Seems like a guy that could definitely have someone killed if he wanted it to happen.
    1 point
  21. "cocaine's a hell of a drug" Rick James
    1 point
  22. shit, youre right that was a bad metaphor flick for yarn
    1 point
  23. for the record....Mayweather said he loves mexicans....lol.
    1 point
  24. swigs i caught in melbs all i got, you requested dunno who these cats are but good to see some roller piece action ps. fuck your bitching, this is graffiti, your opinion means as much as a drowned rat in my pool filter, if anyones making our city look bad its your period blood spilled all over this thread faggots FLICKS RIP gifted unlimited rhymes universal
    1 point
  25. no story's just facts. heres another fact glen. your crew thinks your a bitch. an so do I. tell us more about your bike. you be ridin bikes like you ride dicks. get off me homie these are MY NUTS
    1 point
  26. uh oh... 5...4...3...2...1...
    1 point
  27. [ATTACH]135133.vB[/ATTACH] METRO ONE REDBIRD
    1 point
  28. motherfuck iceland
    1 point
  29. the DTT reminds me of an old haro ultra my boy used to have back in the day... i always liked riding it, so now i'm going to have one. kid had damn near the exact bike to that one (boosted from bmx museum), the seat and seat post are different, but those are the same stupid pegs he had, same bash guard sprocket and the same stickers... i used to think that bike was the shit... the kid who had that bike had two homies who had these two bikes... a performer pro tour and a slammer... i remember those kids being pretty shitty at riding, but they had those sweet bikes so i would chill with them and when they got all stoned i'd hop on their bikes and do pinky squeaks... i had a fucked up, bent and dented hand me down standard shorty back then with a 1 piece crank and giant 2" wide pegs... those were the days... little blast from the late 90's past...
    1 point
  30. Eat a bowl of hot cock for lunch
    1 point
  31. Or is this the pdx Tech? Either way: Here's more:
    1 point
  32. Didnt wanna believe it..................Damn what a loss. RIP Guru
    1 point
  33. "Hi, this is my friend CityOnSmash. I told him over a internet graffiti forum that you'd have unprotected sex with him, don't make me look like a retard"
    1 point
  34. (K)(K)(K) :) es ke se me habia olvidao la contraseña del fotobuche ..
    1 point
  35. yeah wake up you fucking hippie faggots...
    1 point
  36. ^ not that amazing. im more of a muffin guy. not pancakes. lol boris the sexual predator.
    1 point
  37. 1 point
  38. Re: I wanna see your...........PETS! Rusto Racoon. Native to Wisconsin Vietnamese Blue Beauty Rat Snake Brazilian Rainbow Boa Roomates/Homies
    1 point
  39. Easier to rape, manhandle status
    1 point
  40. http://www.amazon.com/Playboy-Women-Wal-Mart-Suzan-Battaglia/dp/B0001906OK
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00