New year resolutions 2023 - grab life by horns edition

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I stopped tipping at those things a couple of months ago. The first time you stare those fools in the eye and hit 'no thanks' you get this rush of endorphins through your whole body.

As for me, I'm gonna work as little as possible and use my free time in my garden, reading books and helping anyone who needs a hand.

• Like 2
  • Props 4
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I think I’m gonna stop tipping at these stupid fucking tablets and handhelds. There is a liquor store in the next neighborhood over that asks for tips now - LAST STRAW 

04134A2E-D59F-4447-A2DE-685CB20B9B88.jpeg

Didn’t you try to quit Ooontzin for a resolution once? How’d that work out for ya?

• LOL! 1

I need to get on the jiu jitsu mats 2x weekly minimum this year and get this fucking black belt.

I also need to drop some lbs - 

Better financial discipline too now that I have to run the household by myself. 

Truth is I should also stop

being hella hard on myself, but I think that is part of a fucked up attachment style due to childhood abandonment. That one is a work in progress…..

• Like 4
  • Props 1

1. Going to get the necessary checks to volunteer at Foodbank SA (would only take about 24hrs all up)

2. review my addiction to fucking instagram and streaming  services

3. rebuild my relationship with my kids a bit. (Life at home is fucking exhausting with all the constant fighting)

4. try to catch one tag per day 

5. if there's time left over a few more fucking pieces. ( ideally a character on each one to spice up my albums)

In short pretty much the same as last time a thread like this came up which is dismaying.

• Like 3
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

16 hours ago, LUGR said:

Didn’t you try to quit Ooontzin for a resolution once? How’d that work out for ya?

Probably. I’ve taken long breaks from here a few times. Have gone back to a Nokia brick phone for a while. Have gone without any social media for a while. All at different times for different lengths. Brick phone is still superior but not having gps for Uber and no streaming music we’re the two major dealbreakers 

• Like 2

A few yrs ago I told myself to just be kind 

like always be kind and considerate

(Most  times regarding work and work people) 

it was an easy one so I stayed on the same course last year.  To be kind. BUT to also respect me. 

this has worked well for me in the last few yrs.  
and it’s tiring hahaha 

I think I’m just gonna learn another language instead. 

I’ve been deaf on my left side for 20 yrs with the chance of losing right side hearing eventually, also.  
you think my dumb ass would learn ASL by now. 
But I’m  such a fuckin procrastinator 

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

On 12/27/2022 at 12:21 PM, fat ralphy said:

I need to get on the jiu jitsu mats 2x weekly minimum this year and get this fucking black belt.

I also need to drop some lbs - 

Better financial discipline too now that I have to run the household by myself. 

Truth is I should also stop

being hella hard on myself, but I think that is part of a fucked up attachment style due to childhood abandonment. That one is a work in progress…..

Having just been through 10 weeks of drug counseling whereby I dug up the root causes of all my shit I came to the following conclusions and I feel you on the abandonment issues.

1. I was poisoned in the womb with cigarettes and the sperm from which I won the race being afflicted with the exact same cancerous poison so I never stood a chance for the 9 months prior to entering this reality thanks to fucktarded parents.

2. My father abandoned or left the family home when I was just a toddler so I have lacked my father in my life ever since save for the times he broke up with women and came begging for someone to be in his life.

3. Having kids is the way in which one sacrifices their soul to their children.

anyway my resolution is to just laugh at this corrupted fucked up reality as it further descends into madness, as I suck on some nangs and hopefully dissipate into the infinite darkness of boringness.

Beyond that, I just finished my final Double Quarter Pounder from Maccas as I ate the final meat burger as I am no longer going to cannibalise my Taurean self by eating meat.

• Like 2
  • Props 2

5 hours ago, Mauler5150 said:

Having just been through 10 weeks of drug counseling whereby I dug up the root causes of all my shit I came to the following conclusions and I feel you on the abandonment issues.

1. I was poisoned in the womb with cigarettes and the sperm from which I won the race being afflicted with the exact same cancerous poison so I never stood a chance for the 9 months prior to entering this reality thanks to fucktarded parents.

2. My father abandoned or left the family home when I was just a toddler so I have lacked my father in my life ever since save for the times he broke up with women and came begging for someone to be in his life.

3. Having kids is the way in which one sacrifices their soul to their children.

anyway my resolution is to just laugh at this corrupted fucked up reality as it further descends into madness, as I suck on some nangs and hopefully dissipate into the infinite darkness of boringness.

Beyond that, I just finished my final Double Quarter Pounder from Maccas as I ate the final meat burger as I am no longer going to cannibalise my Taurean self by eating meat.

What does it mean to “suck on some nangs”?

On 12/29/2022 at 11:15 PM, LUGR said:

What does it mean to “suck on some nangs”?

Nitrous oxide. Whippets. Oztralian slang I guess?  The harmless stuff that merges one into the ether of laughter. Best done in pure darkness with some earbuds in, playing something comical.

i used up the last of them listening to the 8 hour Theory of Everything livestream on YouTube, and if you are able to interpret what the smartest minds online are actually inferring with the content, then it is the funniest joke imaginable, given that trying to quantify the infinite ins not only impossible, but futile to where all one can do is laugh at those who have gone so far down whatever theological rabbit hole to apply some terminology to their belief structure was the most compelling and funniest thing ever.

I had reservations about trying the stuff and took 40 years of life prior to trying them but they are epic and I recommend to try at least a packet of 20 at least once in your life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mauler5150 said:

Nitrous oxide. Whippets. Oztralian slang I guess?  The harmless stuff that merges one into the ether of laughter. Best done in pure darkness with some earbuds in, playing something comical.

i used up the last of them listening to the 8 hour Theory of Everything livestream on YouTube, and if you are able to interpret what the smartest minds online are actually inferring with the content, then it is the funniest joke imaginable, given that trying to quantify the infinite ins not only impossible, but futile to where all one can do is laugh at those who have gone so far down whatever theological rabbit hole to apply some terminology to their belief structure was the most compelling and funniest thing ever.

I had reservations about trying the stuff and took 40 years of life prior to trying them but they are epic and I recommend to try at least a packet of 20 at least once in your life.

I have definitely tried at least a 20 pack before. Pretty fun, makes me feel like I am pissing my pants though.

This was the thing I was listening to, had a few good gut busting laughs at the Donald Hoffman bit due to the way my brain interpreted what he was saying as I dilated time with the NOS as the inside of my brain blew up like the manifold in Fast and Furious whilst the reverb of what was being said echoed throughout the infinite expanse of music 😆

https://youtu.be/8D3jo3Zw93c

• Truth 1

How is everyone doing with the resolutions?

I am trying with the complaining thing, at least to be cognizant of it. I been a grump for the past year though and a lot of people kind of expect it of me I think so they will bitch in conversation or bring up shit that they know will get me going.

• Like 1