Lol @ Minneapolis

Dirty_habiT

16 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Agreed. We should definitely have more in depth vetting while hiring police in this nation so jumpy cops who make mistakes and get scared are no longer around.

yes. But even then it is a battle to change their image in the public's eyes. People will have to divorce themselves from the drama drip they get watching the news.

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

He’s not wrong. The media makes what happens/happened in Portland and Seattle way worse than what actually went/goes down. Does shit get out of hand at times? Ya. But during the George Floyd protests you would have thought all of Portland was in flames and Seattle was a war zone. Meanwhile you travel 3 blocks away from CHAZ or the courthouse in Portland you wouldn't even know shit was going down, it was life as usual. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

I'm not saying I like it or that it's fair or that it doesn't suck that some community is mourning a death while another one is in shock over someone they knew as an officer made a fatal mistake. 

This totally sucks and I can't defend police in this one. She fucked up bo doubt. They need better training. We agreed upon that already. 

I just think the events would have followed a different timeline. The kid very well would be alive today. Rare chance he'd be dead today due to any other reason. 

• Like 2
  • Props 1

Honestly, the fact there were charges/consequences here satisfies my expectations. Realistically there are a million ways a person can have an accidental discharge. There's always some level of negligence involved in it so there needs to be some sort of legal, and financial ramifications. As I've said I don't think there was any pre meditated shit where she pretends to say taser just for plausible deniability, she really did fuck it up, and isn't the first officer to do so. Very common mistake.

• Truth 4

On 4/16/2021 at 12:38 PM, Hua Guofang said:

[insert profundity here]

In lieu of the above, please refer to the default setting of "shit really does suck, right about now".

That is my professional opinion, thank you. I accept cash and cryptocurrency only.

Oi! Are you loicensed to carry that opinion!?!!?!? 

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

The fuck does this even mean? 

I think that he means "how many people are going to sit back and watch their cities burn this time?". 

I'm fearful of that happening because I think that it will be a hung jury due to threats of violence, etc against jurors,
and terrible riots will break out across the country. In certain areas like Portland and Seattle it won't be stopped until
it gets really, really bad. In places like MN it will be stopped really quickly. Lightning fast. 

I hope none of you stay quiet if you see people setting fire to and looting neighborhood stores. A lot of those people 
can't afford to lose their businesses. 

• Props 1

1 hour ago, lord_casek said:

I think that he means "how many people are going to sit back and watch their cities burn this time?". 

I'm fearful of that happening because I think that it will be a hung jury due to threats of violence, etc against jurors,
and terrible riots will break out across the country. In certain areas like Portland and Seattle it won't be stopped until
it gets really, really bad. In places like MN it will be stopped really quickly. Lightning fast. 

I hope none of you stay quiet if you see people setting fire to and looting neighborhood stores. A lot of those people 
can't afford to lose their businesses. 

Portland does as Portland does, ha. Seattle isn’t quite the same, although obviously “worse” than other areas of the country. 

I don’t think anyone around here condones the looting or burning of small businesses. I think it needs to be reminded that these things are also done by opportunists, not necessarily protesters, or rioters. Sure there’s a degree of “monkey see, monkey do” but thing’s aren’t as clear cut as “protesters looted and burned.” 

edit: and Portland generally goes for government buildings and things of that nature, as they should, because the qualms are with the system, not the local businesses. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

Portland does as Portland does, ha. Seattle isn’t quite the same, although obviously “worse” than other areas of the country. 

I don’t think anyone around here condones the looting or burning of small businesses. I think it needs to be reminded that these things are also done by opportunists, not necessarily protesters, or rioters. Sure there’s a degree of “monkey see, monkey do” but thing’s aren’t as clear cut as “protesters looted and burned.” 

edit: and Portland generally goes for government buildings and things of that nature, as they should, because the qualms are with the system, not the local businesses. 

I realize that Portland and Seattle are quite different and have quite different sets of far-leftists and yeah, I've watched what they go after. I watched Chaz quite a bit to see movements, how they were armed, etc. Rose City Antifa, John Brown GC, etc. are a bunch of gutter punks with affluent parents. I lol at those guys a lot. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, lord_casek said:

I realize that Portland and Seattle are quite different and have quite different sets of far-leftists and yeah, I've watched what they go after. I watched Chaz quite a bit to see movements, how they were armed, etc. Rose City Antifa, John Brown GC, etc. are a bunch of gutter punks with affluent parents. I lol at those guys a lot. 

More of a diverse crowd than you might think. But yeah, there’s always punks around. 

• Like 1

Protesters and CHAZ inhabitants were fairly different. There was every walk of life protesting in CHAZ. The people camping in the park went from your far-leftys, to crusties and hipsters, college chicks, and eventually a fair amount of homeless people and addicts taking advantage of the space.

When CHAZ happened some people checked out in terms of protesting, because thats not why they were there. When CHAZ became CHOP and the shootings happened, a lot of people checked out. 

Those shootings were not as simple as the news made them out to be. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Protesters and CHAZ inhabitants were fairly different. There was every walk of life protesting in CHAZ. The people camping in the park went from your far-leftys, to crusties and hipsters, college chicks, and eventually a fair amount of homeless people and addicts taking advantage of the space.

When CHAZ happened some people checked out in terms of protesting, because thats not why they were there. When CHAZ became CHOP and the shootings happened, a lot of people checked out. 

Those shootings were not as simple as the news made them out to be. 

While Chaz was happening I was talking to a hippie chick that was there. She was convinced that no violence was happening when it was happening all around her. She didn't believe me until John Brown lit up those two black kids who stole that SUV. 

The people inside CHAZ were telling the vagrants that poured in that it was Proud Boys who shot the boys. It wasn't. Were charges ever filed?

3 hours ago, lord_casek said:

While Chaz was happening I was talking to a hippie chick that was there. She was convinced that no violence was happening when it was happening all around her. She didn't believe me until John Brown lit up those two black kids who stole that SUV. 

The people inside CHAZ were telling the vagrants that poured in that it was Proud Boys who shot the boys. It wasn't. Were charges ever filed?

I was there for some of it too, but i think you’re sort of over selling the amount of violence. There was a few situations, and there’s stories behind all of it. 

There was a series of very fucking shitty events that led to those kids being killed. It’s not a simple situation, but was a tragic situation fueled by lies and fear. I’ve broke down the timeline around here before, but can do it again if you’d like. I never heard about it being Proud Boys who shot the kids, but Proud Boys are involved in the overall story. Partially because of their own doing, partially because of lies. 

No charges have been filed against anyone, because people removed as much evidence from the situation as they could. Whoever it was, they knew they fucked up. 

• Like 2