Lol @ Minneapolis

Dirty_habiT

1 minute ago, misteraven said:

Not suggesting that we’ll see the populace rise up like Red Dawn. Reality is that the Revolutionary War itself was conducted by a fraction of the population. My point is that if you look around at all the areas that have armed protesters, you’ll note a pattern of very little police violence. Likewise, you’ll also note that the most egregious violation of human rights always seem to take place in areas / regions in which there is little to no gun ownership. 

id also like to point out that everything that has occurred in the last 4 months would have been dismissed exactly the same way if we’d been discussing this a year ago.  

Which areas have had armed protesters? I've barely seen any at all.

Not sure I understand your second point, sorry.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Would also like to point out that this whole thing has barely had time to spin up. You of all people have the background to know that any type of coordinated uprising takes time to organize. Plenty of historical examples, both old and modern, show that you aren’t just going to get an immediate pushback when a government goes tyrannical. 

1 minute ago, Hua Guofang said:

Which areas have had armed protesters? I've barely seen any at all.

Not sure I understand your second point, sorry.

Imagine you’re getting different news than we are and I’ve noted that social seems all over the place as well. 

There are many cities / regions that have assembled armed citizens to protect monuments and local businesses. It’s actually happening out here now. Local sheriff’s office got a heads up about a large caravan of busses that have come up from CA, tracked through entire way up. Our local protest that began as a few dozen people, turned into hundreds over night. It’s been pretty peaceful so far. I’ve had to drive through it a couple times and it appears to be mostly positive, but does feel somewhat volatile at the same time. In any case, it’s absolutely mobbed resources since local LEO is not staffed to accommodate anywhere near that situation. They called in some outside help, but there’s people everywhere open carrying (more than usual). Went out to dinner with the family and most the wait and cook staff were armed as well as a good many diners. 

Ive communicated with friends in other places that have said similar stuff is happening throughout Idaho, Wyoming, parts of Utah and into Nevada. I’ve seen it on social media in Oregon and Washington State. 

In regards to my second statement, I’m saying we’re 4 months into this shit show. 3 months of pandemic, a month of social unrest. You keep mentioning that things haven’t happened that you’d otherwise expect and I’m merely pointing out that it’s been an unbelievably compressed timeline so far. To imagine that the entire world would shutdown and that America would be chaos in such a short time period boggles the mind. It’s almost unreal to believe. I’m pointing that out to draw attention to the fact that it’s near impossible to predict what next month or three months from now will look like. We have an incredibly volatile situation as we head into yet another election cycle with two non-starters like Trump and Biden to pick from. Just because you haven’t seen something happen yet, doesn’t mean it won’t. Doesn’t take much and we’re seeing a lot of shit being posted that could very well be the catalyst to evolve this bad situation to an entirely new level. Really I hope shit just goes back to normal, but we’ve seen it spin out of control to unimaginable levels in a very short period of time. No telling how it’ll continue to unfold, so I’d be cautious about statements since none of us would have believed any of this if we’d been speculating about it 6 months ago. 

4 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Imagine you’re getting different news than we are and I’ve noted that social seems all over the place as well. 

There are many cities / regions that have assembled armed citizens to protect monuments and local businesses. It’s actually happening out here now. Local sheriff’s office got a heads up about a large caravan of busses that have come up from CA, tracked through entire way up. Our local protest that began as a few dozen people, turned into hundreds over night. It’s been pretty peaceful so far. I’ve had to drive through it a couple times and it appears to be mostly positive, but does feel somewhat volatile at the same time. In any case, it’s absolutely mobbed resources since local LEO is not staffed to accommodate anywhere near that situation. They called in some outside help, but there’s people everywhere open carrying (more than usual). Went out to dinner with the family and most the wait and cook staff were armed as well as a good many diners. 

Ive communicated with friends in other places that have said similar stuff is happening throughout Idaho, Wyoming, parts of Utah and into Nevada. I’ve seen it on social media in Oregon and Washington State. 

Ah, you seemed to have switched the argument somewhat. I thought we were talking about armed protesters but now you seem to be referring to armed people protecting their property.

Could you please link me to the reports of the large caravan of busses coming up from CA that were tracked the entire way?

3 minutes ago, misteraven said:

In regards to my second statement, I’m saying we’re 4 months into this shit show. 3 months of pandemic, a month of social unrest. You keep mentioning that things haven’t happened that you’d otherwise expect and I’m merely pointing out that it’s been an unbelievably compressed timeline so far. To imagine that the entire world would shutdown and that America would be chaos in such a short time period boggles the mind. It’s almost unreal to believe. I’m pointing that out to draw attention to the fact that it’s near impossible to predict what next month or three months from now will look like. We have an incredibly volatile situation as we head into yet another election cycle with two non-starters like Trump and Biden to pick from. Just because you haven’t seen something happen yet, doesn’t mean it won’t. Doesn’t take much and we’re seeing a lot of shit being posted that could very well be the catalyst to evolve this bad situation to an entirely new level. Really I hope shit just goes back to normal, but we’ve seen it spin out of control to unimaginable levels in a very short period of time. No telling how it’ll continue to unfold, so I’d be cautious about statements since none of us would have believed any of this if we’d been speculating about it 6 months ago. 

Well, sure. This whole year has been one big black elephant. But not being able to predict these outcomes doesn't change that acts of tyranny are now out in the open and there has been no uprising or armed response from all these people who keep gats so the the govt doesn't take away their freedumz!

I do take your point, though, that rebellions take time. But that's when we're referring to rebellions that have organisation, planning and coordination. And that implies that an organic rebellion is probably off the cards by now, given that it didn't take months for the Michigan folk to walk into their state capital with their guns and take a few photos.

Well, whacka-doodle-doo!

The tweet that Trump made about the 75 year old man being Antifa, has a Russian connection.

What a fuckin surprise:

Where Donald Trump’s bizarre conspiracy theory about protester came from

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/where-donald-trumps-bizarre-conspiracy-theory-about-protester-came-from/news-story/fc9707a0e45e6fb5981547208b9e30d0

Concluding its report, OANN accused the mainstream media of failing to “acknowledge the controversy” and continuing to “push the narrative of so-called police brutality”.

The story was narrated by Kristian Rouz, a Russian national who used to be employed by Sputnik, which has been described as “the Kremlin's official propaganda outlet”.

That's also a Murdoch website.

Edited by Hua Guofang

8 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

Ah, you seemed to have switched the argument somewhat. I thought we were talking about armed protesters but now you seem to be referring to armed people protecting their property.

Could you please link me to the reports of the large caravan of busses coming up from CA that were tracked the entire way?

No link. I found out from one of the local sheriffs. My friend hits the gym with him daily and he did me a favor this week for something else so we were talking about current events. 

• Props 1

5 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

I do take your point, though, that rebellions take time. But that's when we're referring to rebellions that have organisation, planning and coordination. And that implies that an organic rebellion is probably off the cards by now, given that it didn't take months for the Michigan folk to walk into their state capital with their guns and take a few photos.

Think you have a skewed perspective on things. You can’t fully understand this subject by studying it off news reports and text books. What happened in Michigan didn’t happen over night. It’s been years of cultural conversation and change and that crap the media decided to spotlight recently was just flavor of the month that fit the story line at that moment. That protest has been on going and it’s happened many times, in many places with differing support / interest for many years already. Lot of that kicked up

a notch after Sandy Hook, but it’s been going on for ages. 

• Truth 1

1 minute ago, misteraven said:

No link. I found out from one of the local sheriffs. My friend hits the gym with him daily and he did me a favor this week for something else so we were talking about current events. 

Ok, well, sorry but I gotta call it out as some rumour milling.

These stories about caravans of protesters have been circulating around the whole country and it's all been based on bullshit spun up by alt-right conservative news websites looking to hype the "looting Antifa" scare to discredit the protest movement.

Here is the precise same story that played out in your town playing out elsewhere in small town USA: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/klamath-falls-oregon-victory-declared-over-antifa-which-never-showed-n1226681

Mayors trying to blame "outsiders" also fueled the scare of 'bus loads of protesters: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-10/how-a-rumour-about-antifa-looters-fuelled-fear-in-regional-usa/12334638

There's a huge amount of evidence out there showing that these rumours were spreading all over the joint but there is no evidence at all that any of them were true -

I can link to heaps of journalists who traveled around trying to find evidence of these caravans without any actually existing.  A couple of the communities are saying that the bus loads never came because they 'scared them off'. But we all know the story of the rock that keeps tigers away...

2 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Ok, well, sorry but I gotta call it out as some rumour milling.

These stories about caravans of protesters have been circulating around the whole country and it's all been based on bullshit spun up by alt-right conservative news websites looking to hype the "looting Antifa" scare to discredit the protest movement.

Here is the precise same story that played out in your town playing out elsewhere in small town USA: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/klamath-falls-oregon-victory-declared-over-antifa-which-never-showed-n1226681

Mayors trying to blame "outsiders" also fueled the scare of 'bus loads of protesters: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-10/how-a-rumour-about-antifa-looters-fuelled-fear-in-regional-usa/12334638

There's a huge amount of evidence out there showing that these rumours were spreading all over the joint but there is no evidence at all that any of them were true -

I can link to heaps of journalists who traveled around trying to find evidence of these caravans without any actually existing.  A couple of the communities are saying that the bus loads never came because they 'scared them off'. But we all know the story of the rock that keeps tigers away...

Thats fine man, I'm not here to convince you. But will say, its not so much rumor when a sheriff you happen to know beyond just the professional dynamic of that relationship is telling you multiple departments across several jurisdictions are tracking movements and his department was activated to track them as they entered this municipality. That they are literally monitoring staging grounds for protesters.

Again, can't always wrap your head around subjects by monitoring news feeds and watching from afar. I know this individual well enough after a few conversations to have a feel for how trustworthy his information sounds and where he's coming from but I absolutely trust the people that we share as friends and those guys have vouched for him. This isnt a friend of a friend spreading what he heard. This is a local sheriff that comes highly regarded by some mutual friends that train with him daily explaining what he's been tasked with for the last week. As far as I'm concerned its beyond reproach, but take it for whatever you want, makes no difference ultimately.

2 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

The majority of armed protestors i’ve seen have been counter-protestors gathering on rumors of Antifa coming to rape and pillage. 

There are currently armed protestors in Seattle and i know a few showed up in Minneapolis as well. 

There's armed protesters all over. News isn't really covering it and I can only assume its thrown them for a loop considering its the liberal contingent that is embracing it, suddenly countering years worth of narrative. Same way, there's virtually zero discussion of NYC suspending Habeas Corpus, yet endless articles about Trumps tweets and him alluding to Marshall Law if cities can't get things under control. Its amazing to witness this in real life and then watch the MSM version of it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, misteraven said:

Thats fine man, I'm not here to convince you. But will say, its not so much rumor when a sheriff you happen to know beyond just the professional dynamic of that relationship is telling you multiple departments across several jurisdictions are tracking movements and his department was activated to track them as they entered this municipality. That they are literally monitoring staging grounds for protesters.

Again, can't always wrap your head around subjects by monitoring news feeds and watching from afar. I know this individual well enough after a few conversations to have a feel for how trustworthy his information sounds and where he's coming from but I absolutely trust the people that we share as friends and those guys have vouched for him. This isnt a friend of a friend spreading what he heard. This is a local sheriff that comes highly regarded by some mutual friends that train with him daily explaining what he's been tasked with for the last week. As far as I'm concerned its beyond reproach, but take it for whatever you want, makes no difference ultimately.

That's fine, as you said we're not here to convince each other. My position is that it sounds carbon copy to a current trend or rumours and scare mongering by some elements of the media and politicians.

What's your take on the reasons that these people are leaving CA to protest in a small town such a distance away?

5 hours ago, misteraven said:

There's armed protesters all over. News isn't really covering it and I can only assume its thrown them for a loop considering its the liberal contingent that is embracing it, suddenly countering years worth of narrative. Same way, there's virtually zero discussion of NYC suspending Habeas Corpus, yet endless articles about Trumps tweets and him alluding to Marshall Law if cities can't get things under control. Its amazing to witness this in real life and then watch the MSM version of it.

How are you getting your knowledge about the amount of armed protests all over if not from the news?

I'd be keen to tap into some of these sources myself!

12 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

That's fine, as you said we're not here to convince each other. My position is that it sounds carbon copy to a current trend or rumours and scare mongering by some elements of the media and politicians.

What's your take on the reasons that these people are leaving CA to protest in a small town such a distance away?

Been a mass exodus from Cali to Missoula, MT for a while now. Same w Coeur D’Alene, ID and Austin TX. 

a lot of Cali driver license in the red states. Why update your driver and census info until the last possible minute lol

3 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Been a mass exodus from Cali to Missoula, MT for a while now. Same w Coeur D’Alene, ID and Austin TX. 

a lot of Cali driver license in the red states. Why update your driver and census info until the last possible minute lol

Yep, have seen the northern invasion in Texas first hand.

That's not the same as bus loads of people deciding to travel from the big cities, where all the attention is focused, to drive for hours to a small town to protest where their actions will have much less impact.

It's a confusing strategy and I'd love to try and understand why anyone would commit time and money to do such a thing.

25 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

@Hua Guofangto that I have absolutely no explanation 

yall see Tucson, AZ made it illegal to film police? Wtf kinda shit is that

That’s pretty funny because if i’m not mistaken the Tucson police chief has been pretty outspoken against police unions and how hard it is to get rid of bad cops, ha. 

Edit: Tucson is an interesting place. I’m pretty sure the entire city functions on amphetamine. 

The homeless tweaker calling the kids at the skatepark i visited “losers” was quite hilarious. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

@abrasivesaint

Just saw this news article: https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-seattle-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Organic_Social

The headline drew my attention (and it does not follow the body of the text accurately either). Can you offer observations on the make up of the people occupying that space? Would you say that it's Antifa run?

2 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

@abrasivesaint

Just saw this news article: https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-seattle-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Organic_Social

The headline drew my attention (and it does not follow the body of the text accurately either). Can you offer observations on the make up of the people occupying that space? Would you say that it's Antifa run?

I haven’t been up there since Monday morning, before they claimed the Autonomous Zone later that day. I have footage of the police pull back/protestor push back to the protest line. People with home made shields pushing forward while the cops were called back. I’ll try to isolate a little clip as the whole video is like 8 minutes. 

The crowds i’ve seen there vary greatly though. From the anarchist looking types you would assume to be there to normal looking folks looking like they’re out past their bed time. I wouldn’t say i’ve seen any overt Antifa types calling for violence or anything like that though, quite the opposite, not sure about the last few days. I’m going to try to get down there soon and see how things look. They are attempting to take care of their own though, that much i have seen. 

That rapper seems like he’s just trying to utilize the coverage to his benefit. At one point he was on a megaphone talking with people in the crowd about some random personal shit and sort of talking trash about other group leaders. There have been some organized leaders who have openly called him out for filming rap videos down there during all this. He allegedly has assaulted girlfriends and i even saw something about him being an alleged sex trafficker. Dudes like that are going to be the downfall if they dont get their shit under control. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Forgot to mention the majority, if not all, of the “leaders” down there that i’ve seen have been black. Not just some white college hipster chick screaming about socialism. 

Yeah, I dug around on the people who own that rag and where their funding comes from (American Enterprise Institute) and it's all neo-con stuff and many of the people who work at that outlet are quite ideological. Hence the 'Antifa' filter that they've put on top of this.