Lol @ Minneapolis

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
22 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

@Mercerthanks, I'll take a look.

Be cautious about believing what looks 'obvious' on the internet. There is so much footage and stills being repackaged right now (of both cops and protesters doing shit) that actually occurred in other parts of the world or at other times, to suit a narrative. Be very critical of what you see and even more selective about what you believe.

Thanks @Hua Guofangyou’ve just perfectly explained why media is not to be trusted, social or mainstream. Next step is to now consider the narrative and ultimately agenda that compels individuals to repackage. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Thanks @Hua Guofangyou’ve just perfectly explained why media is not to be trusted, social or mainstream. Next step is to now consider the narrative and ultimately agenda that compels individuals to repackage. 

Even when I was a kid, long before the internet was a dream, my mum always told me not to believe everything you read.

I asked her recently why she always told me that. Her response was that during the Cold War, govts of all persuasions had reasons to twist the truth and that they did that through 'the news'.

• Truth 1

1 minute ago, Fist 666 said:

The slippery slope to tyranny... 

The US has had problems for a long time, many of these have been cited by yourself, @misteraven@Mercer@Dawood@lord_casekand numerous others for years on this website. Donald Trump is not the problem, he's what happens when you have a problem. Populists need a permissive environment to gain power, and that's what years of a corrupted and elitist system provided him. All who came before him deserve their share of the blame.

I truly believe that the USA is at the lower-end of the slippery slide, not the top. But I have faith in the republic, it has been through tough times before and pulled through.

• Like 2

@Hua Guofangfor sure. No doubt it takes far more than three years of one presidency to bring this nation to its knees; it has been generations in the making. I'm somewhat scared for the future--November (like every month in 2020....) will be unlike any we have ever had. In the faux-choice dichotomy it will be nothing new, but the process and outcome  (without any hyperbole) matter far more than any before it.

Today's empires, Tomorrow's ashes? 

I'm gonna get back to building LEGO, it gives an incredible mental catharsis from the current reality. 

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

NRA Accidentally Forgets To Rise Up Against Tyrannical Government

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2020/06/04/nra-accidentally-forgets-to-rise-up-against-tyrannical-government/

An embarrassed National Rifle Association says it totally forgot to do the one thing it has been saying for years it is solely there to do.

“Our whole reason for lobbying for looser gun laws and amassing huge personal arsenals of weapons these past years was so that we could ensure the security of a free state and protect the people from an oppressive government. And then it actually happened, and the whole rising up against a tyrannical government thing just totally slipped our minds, which is a little embarrassing,” a sheepish NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre said.

He said the morale around the NRA has been pretty low. “The guys feel pretty silly. We had our well regulated militia stocked up and ready to go, just waiting for the moment when the Government would turn on its own people. And then the government started shooting protesters and rolling tanks down the street, and we were like ‘guys this is the one we’ve been talking about, let’s go!’. But then something else came up and we forgot to do it. Damnit!”.  

Observers were shocked that the NRA had missed their opportunity to defend their country. “I can’t believe it,” one analyst said. “It’s almost as if they weren’t worried about the government at all. It’s as if they were actually just scared of black people”.

• LOL! 1

On 6/4/2020 at 1:04 AM, misteraven said:

@Hua Guofang

You can read more at places like https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/

I'm doing some reading on this today and I'm quite surprised that you linked to that website.

There is no About US section to let you know what the organisation is, where it gets its funding from, why it exists, who owns it, etc. etc.

Secondly, most of the authors don't have any bio other than where they grew up or where they live now.

There is nothing on that website that gives me reason to believe that the info within is credible. The lack of that information is a huge warning to me.

I'm looking at sites like this  https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendment/amendment-ii   which does identify itself, does have bios for the contributors that shows that they have studied the subject and are recognised by many others who have studied it as experts.

3 minutes ago, where said:

If the NRA or any militia had inserted itself in the past week and a half things would probably be going wholly worse.

True.

Point is that the rationale that many give for 2A - protect against govt tyranny - is being shown as BS.

1 hour ago, Hua Guofang said:

That the protests have remained as peaceful as they have is amazing to me.

Only time the protests got violent today is when the police pushed on the line. They apparently claimed people were throwing shit.

I was there for a solid 10 hours today and I leave for 2 hours and the violence kicks off, haha.  

That block has been locked down for days. No traffic passes through except city workers, the news, and cars with supplies and shit, (water, food, first aid, ect.)

This dude pushed through a human/bicycle barricade and accelerated towards the crowd. He clearly had some sort of 2nd thoughts about plowing into the crowd, but he still shot someone. 

I can only imagine this sort of shit is going to get worse.