Lol @ Minneapolis

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
8 hours ago, where said:

How were they to tell he was unarmed?

Because he had nothing in his hands?

Of course, dude was an idiot and copped a spray for his bravado. However, I can't see there being any other argument for this other than excessive and potentially deadly use of force by the cops.

6 hours ago, where said:

I’m not saying it was a chill move, but only an irrational person would say that guy didn’t bear any responsibility for being a fucktard. These same “protesters” were going around punching people with Maga hats and spreading that rhetoric but now they can’t take a tear gas canister to the face, idk sounds kinda pussy.

"The same protesters...."

C'mon dude, you're very obviously above silly lines of argument like that. All we know about this guy is what we see in the clip, he could be a fucking priest for all we know. Unless you can show that he was punching MAGA caps, you can only judge him on what we see here. Same as you can only judge the cops on what we see.

I don't know any time in history that the president's own former staff have resigned in protest and then spoken out against him like this:

James Mattis Denounces President Trump, Describes Him as a Threat to the Constitution

In an extraordinary condemnation, the former defense secretary backs protesters and says the president is trying to turn Americans against one another.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/?utm_content=edit-promo&utm_medium=social&utm_term=2020-06-03T21%3A59%3A05&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=the-atlantic

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

45 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

there is another demonstration tonight downtown where i live. was thinking about going to check it out with a corona bandana across my face as a precaution but not sure...

just watch so much on the news wouldn't mind seeing for myself whats really going on out there.

Would be great to see some real person pics of these kinds of events.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

there is another demonstration tonight downtown where i live. was thinking about going to check it out with a corona bandana across my face as a precaution but not sure...

just watch so much on the news wouldn't mind seeing for myself whats really going on out there.

stay safe if you go out into that melee 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

"The same protesters...."

C'mon dude, you're very obviously above silly lines of argument like that. All we know about this guy is what we see in the clip, he could be a fucking priest for all we know. Unless you can show that he was punching MAGA caps, you can only judge him on what we see here. Same as you can only judge the cops on what we see.

I was just judging him off being a dumbass. 

3D7904E6-F840-4268-A8CB-36DB1EADC2EB.jpeg.4287e2dc23ef5db1489de8941e073356.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

It's this perspective that has me bewildered as to why the usual voices on 12OZ, who are black letter readers of the constitution, aren't flipping their lids at the moment.

When i first heard Trump mention sending the military, the Massachusetts man in me started yelling, “THE REDCOATS ARE COMING! THE REDCOATS ARE COMING!” 

Edited by abrasivesaint

4 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

When i first heard Trump mention sending the military the Massachusetts man in me started yelling “THE REDCOATS ARE COMING! THE REDCOATS ARE COMING!” 

Understandably so.

I'm not actually a black letter guy when it comes to law, especially when it come to laws written hundreds of years back, for very different times.

However, what you are seeing now, with the potential deployment of the military and the arbitrary, the hobbling of a free press and the arrest of law abiding citizens exercising freedom of speech and assembly is antithetical to liberal democracy and the foundation of the Republic.

It's also really fucking bad for personal safety in the short and long-term, even if you don't give a fuck about politics.

Edited by Hua Guofang
  • Props 1

1 hour ago, Hua Guofang said:

It's this perspective that has me bewildered as to why the usual voices on 12OZ, who are black letter readers of the constitution, aren't flipping their lids at the moment.

What is there to really say that hasn’t been said? It’s an absolute shit show. 

Post is a little misleading unless there’s been changes I’m unaware of. National Guard is distinguished from US Army.

54 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

Understandably so.

I'm not actually a black letter guy when it comes to law, especially when it come to laws written hundreds of years back, for very different times.

However, what you are seeing now, with the potential deployment of the military and the arbitrary, the hobbling of a free press and the arrest of law abiding citizens exercising freedom of speech and assembly is antithetical to liberal democracy and the foundation of the Republic.

It's also really fucking bad for personal safety in the short and long-term, even if you don't give a fuck about politics.

Interesting opening sentence considering that those laws were written for exactly the reason we’re seeing being played out now. Short of the exact era they were penned in, there hasn’t been another time so far in American history in which the words in those founding documents and all It represents has been more relevant. Unsure why you’d dismiss them. Fact that they have stood the test of time should indicate how profoundly significant they are. If anything, I’d argue the laws written in more recent times should be audited for their worth. 

Also, it’s important to note that Trump isn’t exercising execute decision. There’s are laws that were enacted long before his time. If memory serves, the instrument that curtails the freedom to assembly was stuffed into the extension of the NDAA, which Obama signed into law. All of this latitude to curtail freedom comes from previous administrations. A big part why I keep telling people that government is the problem, not the solution. Easy to ignore when your team takes the Oval Office, but it’s a precedent that outlives the administration and is very difficult to undo most the time. 

• Props 1

27 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Unsure why you’d dismiss them.

Also, it’s important to note that Trump isn’t exercising execute decision. There’s are laws that were enacted long before his time. If memory serves, the instrument that curtails the freedom to assembly was stuffed into the extension of the NDAA, which Obama signed into law. All of this latitude to curtail freedom comes from previous administrations. A big part why I keep telling people that government is the problem, not the solution. Easy to ignore when your team takes the Oval Office, but it’s a precedent that outlives the administration and is very difficult to undo most the time. 

That's the point though, I'm not dismissing them (plus, I explicitly referred to a black letter reading rather than interpretations, I don't understand how you would read that as an outright dismissal), I'm saying that they are most relevant right now.

They aren't invoking laws for what's happening, they're just acting and denying it's happening. Check out the Australian Channel 7 crew getting bashed. The WH interpretation, "the officers had a right to defend themsleves"..., against people sitting still, that is.

Also, the law they're looking to invoke for deployment of regular military is the Insurrection Act, which is from 1807, not recent times.

43 minutes ago, misteraven said:

What is there to really say that hasn’t been said? It’s an absolute shit show. 

Post is a little misleading unless there’s been changes I’m unaware of. National Guard is distinguished from US Army.

They're working towards deploying regular army, not just the Guard, who are already deployed.

What is there to say? So, what, just let it wash over you now it's crunch time?

NSFW: The headline is sensationalist.... he wasn't "left for dead" by Austin police.  He caught a rubber bullet to the head because he was in a place where police were shooting rubber bullets.  I wonder how many "peaceful protests" this kid is going to participate in in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

NSFW: The headline is sensationalist.... he wasn't "left for dead" by Austin police.  He caught a rubber bullet to the head because he was in a place where police were shooting rubber bullets.  I wonder how many "peaceful protests" this kid is going to participate in in the future.

Some rubber bullets can be metal coated in rubber, and they can definitely kill someone, although less likely. “Less lethal” does not mean not lethal. 

And if i were him, i’d attend every fucking one. 

• Like 1