Lol @ Minneapolis

Dirty_habiT

Looking at the crime stats for 2017 published by the fbi. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/table-43

Over 5% of black people were arrested that year while under 2% of white people including white hispanics people in the same year. This is probably due to saturation patrols, but my gut feeling is this has to do at least in part with environmental factors. HUD housing wasn’t de-leaded until 1999 and enforcement was slow af. It’s proven that prolonged exposure to lead has a permanent degeneration of grey matter in the brain. Grey matter decrease in the hippocampus has been found to be actively involved in stress regulation. Don’t mean to derail the protest commentary, felt this was the most relevant place to post these ideas even tho I’m not sure of the overall context. 

Edited by where

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
7 hours ago, where said:

Looking at the crime stats for 2017 published by the fbi. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/table-43

Over 5% of black people were arrested that year while under 2% of white people including white hispanics people in the same year. This is probably due to saturation patrols, but my gut feeling is this has to do at least in part with environmental factors. HUD housing wasn’t de-leaded until 1999 and enforcement was slow af. It’s proven that prolonged exposure to lead has a permanent degeneration of grey matter in the brain. Grey matter decrease in the hippocampus has been found to be actively involved in stress regulation. Don’t mean to derail the protest commentary, felt this was the most relevant place to post these ideas even tho I’m not sure of the overall context. 

I'd make an uninformed bet that socio-economic status is the greatest correlating factor with arrests/incarceration.

Saw today that LA reduced FY21 LAPD budget by $150 million

thats great... but that’s the same amount it was proposed to increase in FY21 

LAPD FY20 budget was $150 mil and the proposed FY21 budget would’ve been $300 mil

~ 54% of the cities total budget if I remember right.

LA School District?

9%

! 😡 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...