The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@mortonthere's not a day that goes by that I don't feel bad for encouraging you out this way in any facility. I swear every year that goes by, this place tears down some new piece of cultural local significance to erect some new condo building that's just going to sink in the next 10 years any way. How long before your project is completed?

I had one the other day…..

Dude coming in to the building as a I was about to go out. He was a little ahead of me to the door and was using a walker. It was a pull door in his direction, push outwards from the inside. So he was working on getting the door open, I walked up and said “hey let me get that for you”, but then had to push the door open and exit the door by walking past him to then hold it open. It felt a little awkward having to push past dude to then hold door open, but since I said something and announced my intentions it was all good.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Personally, I don't think there is any type of door etiquette and it's more so the wild west as it should be.

I pretty much will attempt to hold the door open if I can as long as they are within a close proximity, have kids, or their hands are full.

However, I do understand the animosity given the history, but I also find it (unfortunately for those that do) mentaly underdeveloped and predominantly prejudice when a brother of color refuses to walk through a door way held open by a white dude because they watched an eddy Murphy movie and let that get the better of them to fail to realize holding the door open for someone is a basic human respect thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

However, I do understand the animosity given the history, but I also find it (unfortunately for those that do) mentaly underdeveloped and predominantly prejudice when a brother of color refuses to walk through a door way held open by a white dude because they watched an eddy Murphy movie and let that get the better of them to fail to realize holding the door open for someone is a basic human respect thing.

Has this actually happened to you?

5 hours ago, ndv said:

More than once.  There's always a few, it's kinda funny. 

So, if you continue to hold the door open….they just don’t enter the building?

Or do they talk shit to you until you walk away?

I could imagine some NYC Black Israelites doing that, but not your everyday “normal” folks.

vast

• LOL! 2

2 hours ago, LUGR said:

So, if you continue to hold the door open….they just don’t enter the building?

Or do they talk shit to you until you walk away?

I could imagine some NYC Black Israelites doing that, but not your everyday “normal” folks.

vast

No!  What they do is grab the door and hold the door for me.  Which I kinda thing it's ironic considering history,  "yes, sir boss."

• LOL! 2

2 hours ago, ndv said:

No!  What they do is grab the door and hold the door for me.  Which I kinda thing it's ironic considering history,  "yes, sir boss."

You should grab their hand next time and hold it, to right your ancestors wrongs.

• Truth 2
  • LOL! 2

On 3/9/2024 at 9:33 AM, Fist 666 said:

And fuck people who don't say thank you.

Same for people you let merge or turn in front of you that don't do a little thank-you wave. 

I mentally from nice guy to "I hope you drive off the bridge" when they don't wave thanks.

I nearly lost it a couple years ago over a situation like this (not saying a damn thing after holding a door open, like way farther than 10ft away, with good mornings included). Fuckin nothin. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

On 3/9/2024 at 8:35 PM, One Man Banned said:

@NightmareOnElmStreetyour nightmares must be made of stuff like when you and someone else are approaching the door at the same time, who steps ahead and gets it, and do you go in first or hold the door??

Fortunately, I do not experience nearly enough nightmares to think of it. Thanks for making me think about it now I’m sure I’ll get a real random fucked up one tonight.  

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Shtick aside I'm polite enough about holding a door, especially for children, the elderly, disabled, etc.  Sometimes a small gesture like that makes someone else's day, or motivates them to pay it forward and do the same for the next person.  I find it amusing when someone ahead of me goes in the door and then realizes a moment too late that there's someone behind them, and now they're all apologetic/embarrassed that they didn't catch the door.  Politeness aside, part of my attitude is from learning patience, like it doesn't matter if one person goes in ahead of me or I wait 2 seconds for someone to catch up to the door.  

Traffic is another story (door holding too) in relation to having lived and driven in NYC.  NYC driving is like fuck everyone else, gtfo of the way I'm coming in.  Generally no wave because if you don't assert yourself and get in there most people will pass you by and give no fucks, pretend not to see you as they block you and shit.  There's such a diffusion of identity and responsibility in NYC.  If I'm driving anywhere besides NYC I usually let people in or ahead, give a thank you wave to people who let me go.  Some of the streets around me get real busy at rush hour times where people can't get in/out of their neighborhood from the main road.  Having lived around these neighborhoods I tend to let residents get in/out in traffic because that's some frustrating bullshit.

• Like 2
  • Truth 3

11 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Shtick aside I'm polite enough about holding a door, especially for children, the elderly, disabled, etc.  Sometimes a small gesture like that makes someone else's day, or motivates them to pay it forward and do the same for the next person.  I find it amusing when someone ahead of me goes in the door and then realizes a moment too late that there's someone behind them, and now they're all apologetic/embarrassed that they didn't catch the door.  Politeness aside, part of my attitude is from learning patience, like it doesn't matter if one person goes in ahead of me or I wait 2 seconds for someone to catch up to the door.  

Traffic is another story (door holding too) in relation to having lived and driven in NYC.  NYC driving is like fuck everyone else, gtfo of the way I'm coming in.  Generally no wave because if you don't assert yourself and get in there most people will pass you by and give no fucks, pretend not to see you as they block you and shit.  There's such a diffusion of identity and responsibility in NYC.  If I'm driving anywhere besides NYC I usually let people in or ahead, give a thank you wave to people who let me go.  Some of the streets around me get real busy at rush hour times where people can't get in/out of their neighborhood from the main road.  Having lived around these neighborhoods I tend to let residents get in/out in traffic because that's some frustrating bullshit.

Nahhhhh. I’m thinking perhaps you may be a jaded soul. Hence the last 5 years of bogarted pies flicks of random weird wildlife animals only lololol. I could be reading wrong or probably just projecting cause I’m in a wicked shit ass mood and half in the bag. Probably that. I didn’t realize you lived in nyc at some point. Most yall end up jaded anyways. I think I used to kind of hate people for a stint in time but I’m mostly kind hearted at the core. 

• Like 2
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 1

I was just googling a few people I have lost contact with over the years and the homie pops up with a go fund me. But It was from his mom. Oh no. I almost didnt want to read it. Turns out my man is now a scientist and a teacher. He's still in that retarded small town in Tennessee. Apparently one of those country boys got fresh and called him an N and he dropped that fool. His hillbilly ass mama made trouble with the school and he lost his job pending the outcome of his court case.

At least that shit wasn't a go fund me for a funeral.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Like 2
  • Truth 1

So I am just curious how this is all gonna happen if the ban get passed.  So, the government is gonna send out cease and desist letters to ISP to block tik toc as well as cell phone service providers to block the app?

I would imagine tic toc has an oinion site right?

• 2 weeks later...

What the fuck @Mauler5150? I feel like that was phrased as a question. Was there a question somewhere in that diatribe of thinly justified racist word soup. I'm impressed that you manage both misandry and misogyny in the same breath. Circling back, what was the question?

• Truth 2

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

What the fuck @Mauler5150? I feel like that was phrased as a question. Was there a question somewhere in that diatribe of thinly justified racist word soup. I'm impressed that you manage both misandry and misogyny in the same breath. Circling back, what was the question?

Nope is all I got for that stuff.

• Props 1

6 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

@One Man Banned  acute mental illness, possibly coupled with drug/alcohol abuse?

I believe that's obvious and far too simple.  I might go a little more along the lines of that people, as spectators, enjoy the wild ride and unscripted erratic behavior of mental illness while also getting mad at the parts they find inconvenient or annoying.  People also seem to love watching that ride or even taking part in it, until it crashes.  Then everyone is all bummed, can't believe it happened, never saw it coming, etc.

Related, there are things occurring here that everyone is either missing or choosing to ignore.  I haven't decided what to do with that as @Mauler5150seems to ignore posts that head in that direction.  DM is ok but I feel like for the others on here who care it's good to have them in that discussion, and at the same time there are noobz and unknowns who may not belong in that.

I missed that shit from this past weekend but I’m glad @lugr cleaned that mess up. Jfc guy. Mental health and whatever tf that Australian is on doesn’t catch a pass imo. I am the most notorious unintentional riddler with my lingo but if you read right at all 9 times outta 10 you gon get wtf I’m saying. Cause it’s right there, same with all that weird extra surprisingly racist shit my man was cackling about. Not even umad about it I just be surprised af at people sometimes tbh. 

Anyways I came through GD to see if anyone has telescopes or binoculars and is planking on looking at the alleged visible northern lights tonight. Like for normal folk who don’t live in a place you get to see them all the time? Times like this I wish I lived in the fucking woods so I could see the sky better. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Can’t see a god damned thing. I’m bummed. 

Hope you used lube lest your arse be feeling it.

If someone can figure out how to get Me more upload space somehow (do VIP members get more space?) I have the best thread idea of exposing the fools of My city in weekly updates similar to that pictured here.

I always laugh at these fools and the captions they write, knowing I have to live amongst them, and as thieves are amongst the lowest scum of the human tier archetypes, they prominently feature in these stories each week.

What do you reckon of this as an idea? If it can't be done, perhaps I should just make a video narrating the text and make comments about these pieces of shit denigrating society and wasting the oxygen that could be better off allocated elsewhere.

• Like 1