The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
10 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Would you guys buy a puppy knowing full well it might not be the most sound idea in the right now for a multitude of reasons but you’re being given a fuckin hella sick deal and been putting off getting a new dog for way too fucking long…..? Dog for scale. 

1A93526D-91FB-45C7-B887-56443EF6C072.jpeg

Good looking pup.  A mix?  What's a sick deal?

I'd go with no if you have numerous reasons already not to do it, it is a long term  commitment.  Regardless of reasons, I'd also look at do you have the means/ability to do this now?

Biased suggestion here but you might want to look into if there's a rescue in your area that has a foster program where you can take on a pup short term until it's adopted.  Gives you a taste of dog ownership again without worries of a long term commitment.  If it works, you can keep the dog or at least know you're ready.  If it doesn't work, no harm done and you've done something good with your time.

• Like 2

Chocolate rotty definitely a bit of a pure bred rarity. 1500 dollar dog for 500. Apparently the breeder lady had a buyer cancellation and their family is transitioning moving so she’s just trying to get rid of the last 2 pups. I’m not too keen on adoption agencies but I do like the idea of what you’re suggesting. I am busy as shit and just bought a new truck so those are basically the detergents but I know it would all work out fine in the end. Might not be the best time but ahhhh idk. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Chocolate rotty definitely a bit of a pure bred rarity. 1500 dollar dog for 500. Apparently the breeder lady had a buyer cancellation and their family is transitioning moving so she’s just trying to get rid of the last 2 pups. I’m not too keen on adoption agencies but I do like the idea of what you’re suggesting. I am busy as shit and just bought a new truck so those are basically the detergents but I know it would all work out fine in the end. Might not be the best time but ahhhh idk. 

Post pics of the new whip!

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Anybody else hella hard on themselves- I worked hard as fuck today, implemented a new system at work, advocated against some fuckery - was told I have the aptitude to be a director. Holding down a mortgage (CA) solo and handling all the household solo, pretty good dad. Handled hella heads at jiu jitsu this evening. Yet I am over here telling myself consistently that I am not living up to my expectations or not good enough……

Fuck man. I guess I need to either research some self help shit or get back into therapy. 

• Like 1
  • Props 3

12 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Anybody else hella hard on themselves- I worked hard as fuck today, implemented a new system at work, advocated against some fuckery - was told I have the aptitude to be a director. Holding down a mortgage (CA) solo and handling all the household solo, pretty good dad. Handled hella heads at jiu jitsu this evening. Yet I am over here telling myself consistently that I am not living up to my expectations or not good enough……

Fuck man. I guess I need to either research some self help shit or get back into therapy. 

Good job, now direct yourself to chill the fuck out for a bit.

• Truth 2

On 6/28/2022 at 3:28 PM, One Man Banned said:

Actually I'd be curious to know what terms he would use literally for cognitively disabled and as a slang for when someone's acting stupid.

Okay. So the boy wasn't there but his sisters were. I sit them down and I'm like "yo. Your brother told me yall aren't allowed to say things are gay or retarded anymore, what's up with that?"

A: Yeah you get in a lot of trouble if you do that.

Yuck: Yeah that's what H said. So what do you guys say instead?

L: what do you mean?

Yuck: What do I mean? What are you retarded? 

A: Lolz. We mainly just call things gay and retarded! Some kids even curse!

Yuck: No shit! But not you guys right?

Sorry guys, looks like prohibition loses again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Yeah, sounds like they speak easy

I'm gonna see the boy either tonight or tomorrow morning. Maybe I can get a better answer out of him. He's not really concerned with being an edge lord like his little sisters.

It's cool watching a house hold of kids grow up and not having any kind of societal norms being pushed on them. I don't really think it's cool to push sexuality on children, but I'd be remiss if I didn't notice that one of the younger boys runs around snapping his fingers at shit and yelling yasss queen in a non ironic manner.

He also has an even younger brother that prefers wearing his sisters clothes over his twin brothers clothes. At that age it could just be that the materials feel better to him or dresses aren't as restrictive as pants. I know that God damn shit is driving republican cowboy granddad up the fucking wall.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 7/1/2022 at 4:36 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Custom. Only tint on the rear but that needs to change.

If you are looking to spend some more money….tint that bitch up, level it and get a flow master exhaust system.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

I have tomorrow off work for a wedding and then I am off all next week. Good thing too because work has been some fuckery lately. 

Anyone have any good vacation coming up?

Just finished a small family get away.  We have some friends coming to visit from Europe in the next week but it'll be a lot of staycation this summer for us.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, LUGR said:

If you are looking to spend some more money….tint that bitch up, level it and get a flow master exhaust system.

Oh yeah, almost forgot….get some XL knobby mud terrain tires too.