The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

49 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I think the problem is that it was family. It's weird having to navigate people that you are going to have to come into contact with again on the regular. I don't really give a damn about random regular normal people. I'll say any crazy thing and see how that plays out. That's just how you find kindred spirits.

Just keep asking questions. Let them talk about themselves as much as they want and they will like you because they think you’re interested in them. 

(((((Same thing when picking up chicks)))))

• Like 1
  • Truth 3
  • LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don’t really socialize much with new folks - my chick has a huge family and I have had to go to quite a few weddings and parties recently.

I basically just engage the minimum amount required. I dont really share my personal history much because goon. Unfortunate but I am a huge part of the no new friends gang. 

• Like 4
  • Truth 1

@fat ralphydude it's super hard trying to meet new people in your 40s anyway. My wife and I are child free and mother fuckers straight shun us on some jealous hater shit lol. I like my neighbor pretty well, but only I'm short bursts. But he's not a normal MF either. He has history. 

Me trying to have a normal conversation with a normal go to work everyday ass normal good natures human being:

Norm: Hey I went kayaking this weekend. You shoulda been there.

Me: Sounds awesome. What kinda paddles do you use?

Norm: Yeah it was great! The paddles are light weight aluminum shaft with a heavy duty plastic blade. Why?

Me: I was just thinkin about some one that owes me some money and if those shits would be good to tear a MFers scalp back.

Norm: Haha

Me:. ....

Norm: .......

• Like 2
  • LOL! 5

The other issue I have is I grew up on Bay Area slang…..

”You see the Warriors game?”

FR - “Naw I was marinating at my boys crib…..fools at work said it was hella

legit.”

At that point people realize they aren’t really grasping 80% of what I say. 

So most of the time I dumb it down hella.

When Im keyed its basically like a time

machine to the mid 90s and its all slang. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

20 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

The other issue I have is I grew up on Bay Area slang…..

”You see the Warriors game?”

FR - “Naw I was marinating at my boys crib…..fools at work said it was hella

legit.”

At that point people realize they aren’t really grasping 80% of what I say. 

So most of the time I dumb it down hella.

When Im keyed its basically like a time

machine to the mid 90s and its all slang. 

fan of “marinating” as a word for chilling.

also I remember Seyer used to use hella all the time back in the day. Used it once in awhile ironically but now I use it to this day. SF slang is legit.

• Truth 3

41 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

@NightmareOnElmStreet@mr.yuckhad to have a general contractor do some simple work I couldn't get done.  Hot as fuck, dude was dripping sweat, so I offer him some water or a beer and before 11am you know he went for that beer without hesitation.  I can't laugh much because I had one too.

Haha. I had this guy offer me a beer yesterday after I was done. I declined because he was giving mad "washed up, alcoholic, private eye, who's business isn't going so good and dame just left him" energy.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

17 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

I hate when people give that vibe

Haha. This dude was instantly off-putting to me. His wife called me to come skim out some textured walls in their house she had started the process and realized it was going to take her forever to get it done. When she left this dude started talking shit about her like "I told her not to leave lap marks in the plaster. But they are all over the place. I told her to hire some one from the beginning but you know when women get crazy ideas in their head..." Blah blah blah, this dude went in on her for a minute. 

I finally cut him off and told him that to be completely honest, his wife did a really good job. The only reason I agreed to do this job for so little was based on her having a portion of it done in an acceptable manner that I don't have to redo anything. 

I really don't like that shit. It's a weird personality trait to try and build some sort of camaraderie with me by shit talking your wife. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

4 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

@NightmareOnElmStreet@mr.yuckhad to have a general contractor do some simple work I couldn't get done.  Hot as fuck, dude was dripping sweat, so I offer him some water or a beer and before 11am you know he went for that beer without hesitation.  I can't laugh much because I had one too.

Hahaha this also reminds me of more repressed memories from that nightmare landscaping job I described in another thread. The client was this young rich eye doctor, and his wife came out and was like “my husband bought you guys a special 6 pack, you want them now?” It was hot as fuck and 10am, so we all declined since we never drank until after work. Come check out time, no beers come around. We came back numerous times for jobs and they never offered the special beers. We all wondered what the doctor considered special beer, probably some Land Shark.

• LOL! 2

On 8/2/2022 at 10:59 PM, Elena Delle Donne said:

this is really it. works on everyone. then at a certain point you can vanish 

What happens if I bump into you at a party and you play this technique , and I play this technique. Do we both instantly vanish?

• LOL! 1