The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

16 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Did you diarrhea yourself already?

I just walked in the door a few minutes ago and in a strange turn of events some raw sewage had backed up into the shitter down stairs. Or some one came to the house, dropped some foul shit and then left without flushing.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
27 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I just walked in the door a few minutes ago and in a strange turn of events some raw sewage had backed up into the shitter down stairs. Or some one came to the house, dropped some foul shit and then left without flushing.

Dude…you definitely got hit by a night creeper. I’ve heard about that kind of shit happening. Kind of like the night creeper who creeps into @Dark_Knight’s house and leaves him lollipops to suck on. But your creeper leaves you diarrhea.

• LOL! 4

5 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@LUGRthat's my worst nightmare. I constantly have the feeling like some one is living in my attic and comes down in the middle of the night to sniff my hair while I sleep.

Wooah dude…a live in night creeper is extra creepy!

• Truth 1

Holy hell. I know a gang of y’all are sober nerds in here but to my regular drinkin heads, YO! You ever unexpectedly end up on like a 4 day bender, then take the Monday off to recover but end up boozing again?? Tuesday is not productive to say the least. It’s gonna be a long week lol. Time for a few salads and no beers for a couple few. Gahhhd damn. Used to pride myself on having far more self control but lately I’m not so sure about that. I’m my defense it’s ridiculously hard to stay dry as a drinker when there are literally back to back full day events and back to back out of town over night guests. Good time overall but I’m 100% dead. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Nah.  But I'm trying to push beer o'clock back until dinner hours, no beer for lunch, etc.  

Lol lunch beers almost never happen for me unless it’s the weekend. I’ve been surprisingly very disciplined on that front while working for myself these last few years. Thought for sure I’d end up at the bar for lunch to quickly smash a burger and a beer but it just never manifestedZ. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Lol lunch beers almost never happen for me unless it’s the weekend. I’ve been surprisingly very disciplined on that front while working for myself these last few years. Thought for sure I’d end up at the bar for lunch to quickly smash a burger and a beer but it just never manifestedZ. 

Will give credit.  Was going to bust balls before that you're too professional, like aren't contractors and painters supposed to show up for work with a little nip of sumthin, or have some lunch beers or something?  Might apply to @mr.yucktoo 😉

• LOL! 2

5 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Will give credit.  Was going to bust balls before that you're too professional, like aren't contractors and painters supposed to show up for work with a little nip of sumthin, or have some lunch beers or something?  Might apply to @mr.yucktoo 😉

On some real shit, I don't have a voicemail set up on my business phone. I was considering making the message be "Thanks for calling "pffft painting" all of our painters are currently drinking at the moment. Please leave your name and number and  we will call you back after happy hour."

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

On some real shit, I don't have a voicemail set up on my business phone. I was considering making the message be "Thanks for calling "pffft painting" all of our painters are currently drinking at the moment. Please leave your name and number and  we will call you back after happy hour."

Yeah, but happy hour starts at 7am.  Not hating on either of you guys, but around me it appears to be a fair generalization in those professions.  Same with landscaping.  Def not hating there, been there done that oner.

• Truth 1

7 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

I dunno man, when I have worked in a professional office environment, I was constantly drinking beer, smoking weed and popping pills at lunch. When I have done labor work, beers always waited until after the job was done for the day.

• Truth 1

8 minutes ago, LUGR said:

I dunno man, when I have worked in a professional office environment, I was constantly drinking beer, smoking weed and popping pills at lunch. When I have done labor work, beers always waited until after the job was done for the day.

I dunno man, I think you've always been in labor work, but at times you've been so wasted that you thought you were a professional office worker.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

26 minutes ago, LUGR said:

I can't tell you how many customers try to get me to start drinking with them in the middle of the day. Shits ridiculous and people seem genuinely offended because they just assume all painters drink. Like they don't wanna drink alone. Haha. Do you player, you have the day off.

@One Man Banned yeah painters are usually labeled as drunks. I asked an old head what was up with that and I think he told me back in the day drinking used to help offset the fumes from the paint. Can't verify. 

Also roofers are drunks and tweekers.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Yeah. It's decent to watch for background noise. There is a gay couple on the show and one of them looks just like my cousin if he would have persude a career in hair instead of joining the marines. He said his wife won't stop watching it and wants a sex room now.

Edited by mr.yuck

Binged it with the wife.

It's mostly vanilla ass couples who need a relationship therapist or a sex therapist, but there are a handful of couples and a polycule that are going to justify the sex room.

One wife wasn't sure that she'd ever even had an orgasm... that shit breaks my heart. 

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

13 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Yeah, but happy hour starts at 7am.  Not hating on either of you guys, but around me it appears to be a fair generalization in those professions.  Same with landscaping.  Def not hating there, been there done that oner.

You are unfortunately spot on. Certain professions in the contracting world have terrible reps. Painters are the worst. Then comes carpenters. Electricians are elite and plumbers are fat and old. I’ve been trying to hire dudes for near 2 years now. Sporadically but trying nonetheless and literally every single dude/chick that comes out for a try is current junkie or ex and still on suboxon or some other type of bullshit. It’s the worst and I often wish I started this life out of high school and a different lane all together because I hate the stigma. Clean cut painters that aren’t washed out are a straight up rarity. I’m a huge drinker but the only degenerate shit I do is show up a little hungover which you wouldn’t be able to tell underneath the lush spray. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Hey @NightmareOnElmStreet I found much better help when I was hiring women. I was taking 0 experience females, literally holding their hand with a paint brush in it to teach them good habits, and drill into their heads the order I wanted things done in. I'd give them a few gallons of cheap paint to go practice in their bedroom and within a week I had a decent painter. They generally have a better eye for detail than dudes. The only shitty thing is, I can't pay a single mother enough to support her kids so inevitable I ended up sending them off into the world to paint for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

7 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Hey @NightmareOnElmStreet I found much better help when I was hiring women. I was taking 0 experience females, literally holding their hand with a paint brush in it to teach them good habits, and drill into their heads the order I wanted things done in. I'd give them a few gallons of cheap paint to go practice in their bedroom and within a week I had a decent painter. They generally have a better eye for detail than dudes. The only shitty thing is, I can't pay a single mother enough to support her kids so inevitable I ended up sending them off into the world to paint for themselves.

2A97EDFA-CE53-4C92-AA4C-A5E36005763A.jpeg

• Truth 1